Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Razer Lycosa Vs G110?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Lycosa Vs G110? - Page 3

post #21 of 38
Thread Starter 
I Really Just Wan't A Keyboard For Hardcore Gaming. I Was Doing Research On The Lycosa And Like People Have Said There Is ALOT Of Problems People Are Having With It. But I Am A Fan Of Razer Products, But I've Never Tried Logitech Products. I'm Honestly Not Sure What To Do. The G110 Looks A Bit Meh, In My Opinion, As The Lycosa Looks Sexy. But Like I Said Before, There Are Alot Of problems People Are Having With The Lycoasa. Another Thing Is That You Can Get A Razer Black Widow Mech Keboard For The Same Price As The Lycosa, But It's Not Backlit. I'm Not Sure If I Should Take The Risk With The Sexy Keyboard, Or Just Back Down And Get The Meh Looking Keyboard. Also Someone Mentioned Before That The G100 Has Barley Visible Back Lighting. I'm Not Sure That's A Massive Issue, But I'm Looking The Keyboard I Do Chose To Stay For Years, And Not Weeks. There Is A 50/50 Love For Both Keyboards In The Answers Above. I'm Completely Unsure
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 38
I am totally satisfied with my Lycosa mirror and read a lot of reviews before buying it (mostly negative, but still decided to take a risk on buying one), had no issues with it yet other than that one time when I accidentally unplugged it . The most common problems with Lycosa: sticky keys, touchpad malfunction, uneven required pressure to type etc. are on certain keyboards but definately not on all of them. There are problems on both Lycosa's keyboards wether you like it or not and on all of their models: Lycosa´s rubber keys tend to wear off with abusive usage and on constant high ambient temperatures (big nono when you live in a desert i guess) and the downside of Mirror is constant dust pile-up and visible stains = You'll find yourself cleaning it more often than you would like. Lycosa Mirror requires a lot of dust and stain cleaning from users who like to eat in front of their pc or have sweaty hands.

Anti-ghosting on WASD cluster only is a big downside for Lycosas when compared to other high end non-mechanical gaming keyboards.

If you don't want to take the risk of having a malfunctioning keyboard choose g110 other than that I favor Lycosa, bc latest drivers are just supreme (backlit is also top notch).
post #23 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkin View Post
I am totally satisfied with my Lycosa mirror and read a lot of reviews before buying it (mostly negative, but still decided to take a risk on buying one), had no issues with it yet other than that one time when I accidentally unplugged it . The most common problems with Lycosa: sticky keys, touchpad malfunction, uneven required pressure to type etc. are on certain keyboards but definately not on all of them. There are problems on both Lycosa's keyboards wether you like it or not and on all of their models: Lycosa´s rubber keys tend to wear off with abusive usage and on constant high ambient temperatures (big nono when you live in a desert i guess) and the downside of Mirror is constant dust pile-up and visible stains = You'll find yourself cleaning it more often than you would like. Lycosa Mirror requires a lot of dust and stain cleaning from users who like to eat in front of their pc or have sweaty hands.

Anti-ghosting on WASD cluster only is a big downside for Lycosas when compared to other high end non-mechanical gaming keyboards.

If you don't want to take the risk of having a malfunctioning keyboard choose g110 other than that I favor Lycosa, bc latest drivers are just supreme (backlit is also top notch).
I Do I Pretty Sweaty Hands,But I Don't Eat In-front Of My Keyboard. But I Have Got Kind Of A OCD For Cleaning, So That Doesn't Annoy Me That Much. But About The Rubber Keys That's Seams A Little Dangerous.
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5 View Post
Rubber never wore off on my first one and I had it for a year. Absolutely no inconsistency with the force of the keys either, nor on my current one. Guess you might have had one of the earlier versions which were known for problems. Also, on the box of my replacement it has a sticker saying 'improved key mechanism'. Depends if you're typing for hours a day, every day, then maybe problems could arise. I also make sure my hands are clean from food residue or salt or grease, so not to soil the rubber coating and keep it from deteriorating.

Well it seems Razer fixed the issue of deteriorating key coating but in longterm that would still not satisfy. When paying 100$+ or whatever the case in your country, it is normal to expect the performance and durability matching the price so there is no need to buy another one in 2-3 years.

To be honest Lycosa kinda does look it was cheaply built as someone stated before unlike g110. But the overall styling is good with Lycosa I have to agree.

Don't know how to narrow down the choice= each has its cons and pros.

Maybe try both of them personally (@ friend's or shop's or whatever)
post #25 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkin View Post
Well it seems Razer fixed the issue of deteriorating key coating but in longterm that would still not satisfy. When paying 100$+ or whatever the case in your country, it is normal to expect the performance and durability matching the price so there is no need to buy another one in 2-3 years.

To be honest Lycosa kinda does look it was cheaply built as someone stated before unlike g110. But the overall styling is good with Lycosa I have to agree.

Don't know how to narrow down the choice= each has its cons and pros.

Maybe try both of them personally (@ friend's or shop's or whatever)
I Know How To Sort Them, Pick A Number Between 1 And 5 , They Both Have 2 Numbers Assigned To Them.
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 38
If backlighting is not THAT important, then Black Widow has a lot to offer to you. Maybe shouldn't neglect mechanical keyboards when choosing? Just saying...
post #27 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeefx View Post
Also Someone Mentioned Before That The G100 Has Barley Visible Back Lighting. I'm Not Sure That's A Massive Issue...
Are you looking for blue or red illumination? The red is effective day and night; the blue is a bit more subtle and really comes out at night. The light isn't in your face either way, but it's not barely visible unless you're in a well-lit room (I have two large windows near my PC - they render the blue lighting useless, but they also make viewing my screen harder - it's a lot of light).
post #28 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWalsh View Post
Are you looking for blue or red illumination? The red is effective day and night; the blue is a bit more subtle and really comes out at night. The light isn't in your face either way, but it's not barely visible unless you're in a well-lit room (I have two large windows near my PC - they render the blue lighting useless, but they also make viewing my screen harder - it's a lot of light).
Hmm, My Room Is Mostly Dark, So...
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 38
Also bear in mind that Lycosa's keys are almost invisible without backlighting (at least the mirror version) but I never disable it anyway. Don't know if same problem occurs with Logitech.
post #30 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkin View Post
Also bear in mind that Lycosa's keys are almost invisible without backlighting (at least the mirror version) but I never disable it anyway. Don't know if same problem occurs with Logitech.
I Kind Of Know The Position Of The Keys, But I Can Only Find The Lycosa Mirror In Us Layout At £15 More Expensive, Than The Original One.
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz MSI P67A-GD55 B3 Intel P67 EAH6850 EAH6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8gb DDR3 500gb 500gb DVD  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit 22" AOC e2243fw LED Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec 900w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 900 Razer Naga MMO Razer Sphex JVC Rx900 
Audio
Blue Snowball 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Razer Lycosa Vs G110?