Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TeK] Apple can block competitors for 25 years
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TeK] Apple can block competitors for 25 years - Page 15

post #141 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najentus View Post
/sigh

As far as I know no company markets the style of a TV or similar product as much as Apple markets the style of their products. When you copy that image you are stealing from Apple, there are no ifs and or buts. No matter how much you say people will not confuse them, it will happen. Just to lay it all on you like you're trying to do to me, when you can disprove that people mistakenly buy the wrong tablet, come find me (hint: it's impossible to disprove).
This is all sooooooooo confusing! T~T



Looks like:

It's pretty obvious Samsung went to the future, stole the look of the iPad then created that monstrosity. There is no other possibility!

I swear, why does Samsung have to steal Apple's ideas? Sheesh, everyone knew what the iPad was going to look like in 2006.

I hate Samsung sooooooooooo much. >=O They always rely on Apple's ideas for everything. Even their televisions look like something Apple would make (And we all know that's just a matter of time). Darn those Koreans and their love of glossy black. That's Apple's! >=O YEAAH, Apple is the all-American company. Who cares if they get their stuff from Asia? They're as American as Apple pie (Also an Apple creation). USA! APPLE! USA! APPLE!
Edited by napobloo - 8/16/11 at 7:16am
post #142 of 191
^ That digital photo frame was from 2006, and surprisingly it looks like the iPad.

Or is it the other way around?
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 191
Good thing I gave up on Apple in disgust after they ignominiously killed the Apple // line. Sad to see that this early sign of "screw you, customers" attitude has not gone away.
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by napobloo View Post
This is all sooooooooo confusing! T~T



Looks like:

It's pretty obvious Samsung went to the future, stole the look of the iPad then created that monstrosity. There is no other possibility!

I swear, why does Samsung have to steal Apple's ideas? Sheesh, everyone knew what the iPad was going to look like in 2006.

I hate Samsung sooooooooooo much. >=O They always rely on Apple's ideas for everything. Even their televisions look like something Apple would make (And we all know that's just a matter of time). Darn those Koreans and their love of glossy black. That's Apple's! >=O YEAAH, Apple is the all-American company. Who cares if they get their stuff from Asia? They're as American as Apple pie (Also an Apple creation). USA! APPLE! USA! APPLE!
Oh no, my feelings are hurt.
Indubitably Green
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k L045B391 @4489.9 mhz Gigabyte P67A-UD4 2x EVGA SC GTX580 8GB G.Skill 1866 (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB + Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Pro VX2260vm Deck Legend ToXic 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 BitFenix Colossus Window Naga Epic 
  hide details  
Reply
Indubitably Green
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k L045B391 @4489.9 mhz Gigabyte P67A-UD4 2x EVGA SC GTX580 8GB G.Skill 1866 (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB + Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Pro VX2260vm Deck Legend ToXic 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 BitFenix Colossus Window Naga Epic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najentus View Post
/sigh

All you doing now is vaguely attempting to insult me and explaining why you yourself wouldn't confuse them. You need to let go of the idea that everybody thinks through things as much as you do.

As far as I know no company markets the style of a TV or similar product as much as Apple markets the style of their products. When you copy that image you are stealing from Apple, there are no ifs and or buts. No matter how much you say people will not confuse them, it will happen. Just to lay it all on you like you're trying to do to me, when you can disprove that people mistakenly buy the wrong tablet, come find me (hint: it's impossible to disprove).

At this point it's obvious you're investing no amount of thought into responding to me, it appears that thinking any way other than the way you have for this entire thread is just not worth your time.
Yeah like you are trying so hard to comprehend my points. I think you don't even read my answer because all you do is came with the same answer, and nothing to back up your points. It is clearly that you think common people are stupid. That will include my mon, your mon, and 80 % of apple consumer who don't know nothing about technology. You think people are that stupid that they won't be able to read Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 on the box instead of Apple Ipad 2 when they get the product.





This is how ridiculous your statement is.

Common people who don't know anything about tech they will always usually get help from a salesman on the store. Are you telling me that the salesman will also get confused and give them a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 thinking it was an Ipad2?



Even though if people are getting confusing that doesn't give reason to apple to sue Samsung over a simple design like rectangular with a touchscreen which was already USED BEFORE for other non apple products (check several post back). It shouldn't be patentable due to prior art, and Apple shouldn't abused the patent system just because they can.

If you can not get out of your closed mind view and actually see the problem, them there is no reason to discuss with you anymore. I prefer to agree to disagree. No point wasting my time trying to reason with you anymore.
What I have now
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4Ghz Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120 GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500 GB WD Blue 2 TB WD Green Venemous X P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM Cooler Master Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Red Silverstone ST75F-P 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
CM 690 ii Advance Roccat Kone Pure Optical Razer Destructor 2 Sennheiser HD25-1 II 
  hide details  
Reply
What I have now
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4Ghz Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120 GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500 GB WD Blue 2 TB WD Green Venemous X P/P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM Cooler Master Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Red Silverstone ST75F-P 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
CM 690 ii Advance Roccat Kone Pure Optical Razer Destructor 2 Sennheiser HD25-1 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroManiac View Post
Yeah like you are trying so hard to comprehend my points. I think you don't even read my answer because all you do is came with the same answer, and nothing to back up your points. It is clearly that you think common people are stupid. That will include my mon, your mon, and 80 % of apple consumer who don't know nothing about technology. You think people are that stupid that they won't be able to read Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 on the box instead of Apple Ipad 2 when they get the product.


This is how ridiculous your statement is.

Common people who don't know anything about tech they will always usually get help from a salesman on the store. Are you telling me that the salesman will also get confused and give them a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 thinking it was an Ipad2?



Even though if people are getting confusing that doesn't give reason to apple to sue Samsung over a simple design like rectangular with a touchscreen which was already USED BEFORE for other non apple products (check several post back). It shouldn't be patentable due to prior art, and Apple shouldn't abused the patent system just because they can.

If you can not get out of your closed mind view and actually see the problem, them there is no reason to discuss with you anymore. I prefer to agree to disagree. No point wasting my time trying to reason with you anymore.
Yes, people really are that stupid. I would love to be proven wrong, but I have seen and heard so many things that point to the contrary that I don't feel the need to explain them.

Rather than continually have to re-explain my point I'm just going to restate what others have said and one more thing.

Without Apple the tablet market would NOT be the way it is today, and one can attest any profit from the market is mostly because of Apple investment into the market.

People are stupid enough to confuse two extremely similar looking items when the most popular commericals for the original item include only 2 mentions of the product name or affiliation.

Apple lawyers would not begin frivolous lawsuits over competition unless there was reasonable proof to begin allegations and demonstrable points of evidence to show the grievances. The PR image from starting frivolous lawsuits and losing is not worth the profits gained from it unless the infringement is causing significant profit loss. Either way Apple is making a sound business decision in this case.

First and foremost a business has an obligation to it's shareholders to make as much money as it can without going against the wishes of the stockholders.
Indubitably Green
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k L045B391 @4489.9 mhz Gigabyte P67A-UD4 2x EVGA SC GTX580 8GB G.Skill 1866 (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB + Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Pro VX2260vm Deck Legend ToXic 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 BitFenix Colossus Window Naga Epic 
  hide details  
Reply
Indubitably Green
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k L045B391 @4489.9 mhz Gigabyte P67A-UD4 2x EVGA SC GTX580 8GB G.Skill 1866 (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB + Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Pro VX2260vm Deck Legend ToXic 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 BitFenix Colossus Window Naga Epic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by napobloo View Post
This is all sooooooooo confusing! T~T



Looks like:

It's pretty obvious Samsung went to the future, stole the look of the iPad then created that monstrosity. There is no other possibility!

I swear, why does Samsung have to steal Apple's ideas? Sheesh, everyone knew what the iPad was going to look like in 2006.

I hate Samsung sooooooooooo much. >=O They always rely on Apple's ideas for everything. Even their televisions look like something Apple would make (And we all know that's just a matter of time). Darn those Koreans and their love of glossy black. That's Apple's! >=O YEAAH, Apple is the all-American company. Who cares if they get their stuff from Asia? They're as American as Apple pie (Also an Apple creation). USA! APPLE! USA! APPLE!
Um...are you being sarcastic? Saying that their televisions look like something Apple would make is really stupid...Just because they use glossy black? Lots of other monitors and tvs are glossy black. What's your point?
Sleek Rig 2012
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.8 GHz ASUS Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 480 SuperClocked Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8 GB 2133 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Patriot Pyro SE 120 GB  WD Caviar Black 500 GB x2 (1 backup) ASUS CD/DVD RW 24x Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
GELID Icy Vision Rev. 2 Windows 8 Professional Samsung BX2440 24" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone ST75ZF 750W NZXT Phantom (black) Saitek GM2400 V-MODA Crossfade LP 
AudioAudio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Saitek Cyborg 5.1 headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Sleek Rig 2012
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k 4.8 GHz ASUS Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 480 SuperClocked Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8 GB 2133 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Patriot Pyro SE 120 GB  WD Caviar Black 500 GB x2 (1 backup) ASUS CD/DVD RW 24x Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
GELID Icy Vision Rev. 2 Windows 8 Professional Samsung BX2440 24" Saitek Eclipse III 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone ST75ZF 750W NZXT Phantom (black) Saitek GM2400 V-MODA Crossfade LP 
AudioAudio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Saitek Cyborg 5.1 headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 191
Apple are behind the curve tech wise and are trying to ban there competitors.

That's all it boils down to...

Now that Google have Motorola I really hope they stick up for the vendors that sell devices that use there OS.

All this banning devices is also affecting Google in terms of royalty fees and I can see Google getting involved and protecting its vendors. And with the 14,000+ patents they have just acquired from Motorola I would not want to piss them off if I was apple.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najentus View Post

People are stupid enough to confuse two extremely similar looking items when the most popular commericals for the original item include only 2 mentions of the product name or affiliation.
Wait wait wait, so people are that stupid to not notice that BIG HUGE logo at the back of a tablet, and did not even take time to read the title plastered all over the packaging?

I'm losing faith in the world.
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najentus View Post
Without Apple the tablet market would NOT be the way it is today, and one can attest any profit from the market is mostly because of Apple investment into the market.
Once again, your point is irrelevant. Patent law does not protect market share, it protects ideas. You cannot sue anyone because they release a product that is similar to your own unless your product is original. Apple's patent is based on a black rectangle with a screen and rounded corners - which had been done 15 years earlier. So their patent isn't valid, which makes the lawsuit a joke.

If TV manufacturers cannot patent black bezels on TVs and car manufacturers can't patent 4 road wheels and a steering wheel, why should Apple be able to patent a black rectangle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TeK] Apple can block competitors for 25 years