Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Riot]League of Legends Season Two to Feature a $5 million Prize Pool
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Riot]League of Legends Season Two to Feature a $5 million Prize Pool - Page 4

post #31 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavitz View Post
It might the biggest PC game right now.. LOL season one streaming had over 200k viewers on at simultaneously . No other game has done that.
Not impressed by 200k viewers, wait 2 more days and lets see the numbers of people that viewed the DotA 2 tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
This is going to sound silly but to be honest the main reason that made me switch from playing WC3 AoS maps to HoN/LoL back in closed beta was proper widescreen support. There were other reasons such as the handling of leavers and matchmaking but not having to see black borders or a stretched image killed WC3 for me.

Fast forward to today and I see some people are questioning DotA 2. Why would HoN players want to switch to DotA 2? Would it be because it's being made by valve? Are they tired of S2's questionable additions?
A registry edit has been around for years so you wouldn't have to deal with the black borders. It has been in my sig for years and Blizzard included it in one of their patches not that long ago, maybe 3 or so months.

Why wouldn't HoN players want to switch to DotA 2 is probably the better question. I can't tell if you are in support of it or not but it seems like you are.
Edited by Zulli85 - 8/15/11 at 9:34pm
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post
A registry edit has been around for years so you wouldn't have to deal with the black borders. It has been in my sig for years and Blizzard included it in one of their patches not that long ago, maybe 3 or so months.
This was back when HoN/LoL closed beta had just started. There was no patch from Blizzard and the registry fix stretched everything including the UI and the alternatives were scaling a default res with fixed aspect ratio or an FOV hack tool that was considered against the rules of bnet.

I am in favor of Valve. I like all of their games and if they're behind DotA 2 then so am I.
post #33 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
This was back when HoN/LoL closed beta had just started. There was no patch from Blizzard and the registry fix stretched everything including the UI and the alternatives were scaling a default res with fixed aspect ratio or an FOV hack tool that was considered against the rules of bnet.

I am in favor of Valve. I like all of their games and if they're behind DotA 2 then so am I.
I'm am positive the registry edit was around way before HoN or LoL were released. The link in my sig is probably older than both games but that is just a guess. There is in fact a patch from Blizzard that adds the video resolutions to the game instead of having to do it via a registry edit.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post
I'm am positive the registry edit was around way before HoN or LoL were released. The link in my sig is probably older than both games but that is just a guess. There is in fact a patch from Blizzard that adds the video resolutions to the game instead of having to do it via a registry edit.
That's what I said. I knew of and used the registry hack way back then but it's not a proper solution.
post #35 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
That's what I said. I knew of and used the registry hack way back then but it's not a proper solution.
Well you should have been more specific, I made a couple of other points as well. You are right in that it isn't a proper resolution.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Riot]League of Legends Season Two to Feature a $5 million Prize Pool