Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Motherboard issue?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motherboard issue?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
So I have spent the last day and a half redoing my watercooling loop in my computer as well as sleeving wires.

After leak testing all night and today with the paperclip in the PSU trick, I connected all of the cables to the mobo and tried to boot up. I got nothing.

It seems that the PSU is not recognizing that the motherboard is connected because nothing starts up at all, fan controller, water loop, HDDs...nada.

What could have caused this and is there a way of fixing it? I have not touched the mobo at all and the only things I changed have nothing to do with the mobo.
post #2 of 19
I don't want to sound like i'm putting you down but did you flip the switch on the psu?
My CM sniper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8ghz @ 1.4v. ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 EVGA gtx470 SC GSKILL SNIPER DDR3 1600 2X4 9.9.9.24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
CRUCIAL 64GB SSD 1-VR300 4X F3 1TB SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD BURNER WINDOWZ 7 64BIT 23'' ACER P235H WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 V 2007 CORSAIR TX750 CM STORM SNIPER/ MODDED OCZ DOMINATRIX 
Mouse PadAudio
ALL OVER THE TABLE ON BOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
My CM sniper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8ghz @ 1.4v. ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 EVGA gtx470 SC GSKILL SNIPER DDR3 1600 2X4 9.9.9.24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
CRUCIAL 64GB SSD 1-VR300 4X F3 1TB SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD BURNER WINDOWZ 7 64BIT 23'' ACER P235H WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 V 2007 CORSAIR TX750 CM STORM SNIPER/ MODDED OCZ DOMINATRIX 
Mouse PadAudio
ALL OVER THE TABLE ON BOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELINE57 View Post
I don't want to sound like i'm putting you down but did you flip the switch on the psu?
Yes lol, I tried everything that has to do with the PSU that I could think of.
post #4 of 19
this may sound weird but take everything out of the case and put it all back in.

I say this because it might eleviate a grounding issue that might be going on that can only be fixed with a reseat.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee7283 View Post
this may sound weird but take everything out of the case and put it all back in.

I say this because it might eleviate a grounding issue that might be going on that can only be fixed with a reseat.
That would have been my next suggestion.
Take the guts out of the case and try booting with boot drive, vc, and one stick of ram for starters.
My CM sniper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8ghz @ 1.4v. ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 EVGA gtx470 SC GSKILL SNIPER DDR3 1600 2X4 9.9.9.24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
CRUCIAL 64GB SSD 1-VR300 4X F3 1TB SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD BURNER WINDOWZ 7 64BIT 23'' ACER P235H WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 V 2007 CORSAIR TX750 CM STORM SNIPER/ MODDED OCZ DOMINATRIX 
Mouse PadAudio
ALL OVER THE TABLE ON BOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
My CM sniper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8ghz @ 1.4v. ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 EVGA gtx470 SC GSKILL SNIPER DDR3 1600 2X4 9.9.9.24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
CRUCIAL 64GB SSD 1-VR300 4X F3 1TB SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD BURNER WINDOWZ 7 64BIT 23'' ACER P235H WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 V 2007 CORSAIR TX750 CM STORM SNIPER/ MODDED OCZ DOMINATRIX 
Mouse PadAudio
ALL OVER THE TABLE ON BOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 19
Make sure that 24 pin is well seated man. I had that issue that nothing went went up.. I pused the 24 some more in the the mobo and it booted So it could be the 24pin isnt seated properly. Good luck !
The beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV Extreme MSI GTX1080 X 2x4GB corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
SAMSUNG 850 PRO Corsair h80i Windows 8.1  Ducky shine 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair 500r Steelseries Rival Steelseries qck+ 
Audio
X-fi Soundblaster, Sennheiser hd598 
  hide details  
Reply
The beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Maximus IV Extreme MSI GTX1080 X 2x4GB corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
SAMSUNG 850 PRO Corsair h80i Windows 8.1  Ducky shine 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Corsair 500r Steelseries Rival Steelseries qck+ 
Audio
X-fi Soundblaster, Sennheiser hd598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus4 View Post
Make sure that 24 pin is well seated man. I had that issue that nothing went went up.. I pused the 24 some more in the the mobo and it booted So it could be the 24pin isnt seated properly. Good luck !
It is completely in. Please, I know a lot of times it is an obvious answer, but I have spent over an hour attempting to figure it out so far. I have tried everything and anything relating to the PSU and just haven't started taking parts out yet.

Honestly I can not think of a reason why the motherboard would be shorting because I have not touched it, but I suppose that is the next part.


The other thing that I have a question about is that when I have everything hooked up and attempt to turn on the computer, the ethernet port on the mobo actually lights up, but nothing else does.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post
It is completely in. Please, I know a lot of times it is an obvious answer, but I have spent over an hour attempting to figure it out so far. I have tried everything and anything relating to the PSU and just haven't started taking parts out yet.

Honestly I can not think of a reason why the motherboard would be shorting because I have not touched it, but I suppose that is the next part.


The other thing that I have a question about is that when I have everything hooked up and attempt to turn on the computer, the ethernet port on the mobo actually lights up, but nothing else does.
Accept the fact that you might need to take out the motherboard and do a reseat. Yes it doesn't sound logical at first, but if it makes it work isn't that all that matters
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post
Honestly I can not think of a reason why the motherboard would be shorting because I have not touched it, but I suppose that is the next part..

I don't understand how you perceive touching it having anything to do with shorting of the board and this comment suggests you don't understand the concept electrically or perhaps even mechanically.

The first thing you should check is the front panel connectors. Is the front panel power switch connected to the pin header properly IE in the right position? One would think that would be the first logical place to start before actually pulling the whole thing apart duh!!!

PS it's very easy to plug front panel leads onto the wrong pin headers on a mobo
Edited by HiroPro - 8/15/11 at 4:20pm
Hal9000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz 1.325v in BIOS but 1.278 DMM Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 BIOS F5 HD 4890 Mushkin Blackline 996744 PC3-12800 8-8-8-24@1.58v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 1TB SH-203N Win 7 Ultimate X64 and Linux Mint LG 24" 16:10 
PowerCase
Corsair HX650 Lian Li PC-8FI 
  hide details  
Reply
Hal9000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz 1.325v in BIOS but 1.278 DMM Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 BIOS F5 HD 4890 Mushkin Blackline 996744 PC3-12800 8-8-8-24@1.58v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 1TB SH-203N Win 7 Ultimate X64 and Linux Mint LG 24" 16:10 
PowerCase
Corsair HX650 Lian Li PC-8FI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroPro View Post
I don't understand how you perceive touching it having anything to do with shorting of the board and this comment suggests you don't understand the concept electrically or perhaps even mechanically.

The first thing you should check is the front panel connectors. Is the front panel power switch connected to the pin header properly IE in the right position? One would think that would be the first logical place to start before actually pulling the whole thing apart duh!!!

PS it's very easy to plug front panel leads onto the wrong pin headers on a mobo
Ummm, either you do not understand the issue at all or we're misunderstanding each other. The front panel connections would have nothing to do with my issue...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Motherboard issue?