Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [OC3D] Corsair H100 Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OC3D] Corsair H100 Review - Page 4

post #31 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post
Still cant see this as good value for money. Its noisy, expensive and only outperforms much cheaper air coolers by a tiny margin and in very specific circumstances. Put fans that are just as noisy on either the NH-D14 or Silver Arrow and they would easily outperform this cooler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPAhvIPXU54
Did you watch the video you posted by any chance? Because he definitely did not say any of that
post #32 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
It seems the H100 isn't much better than the Noctua NH-D14, so why would anyone buy one? Am I missing something?
Contrary to Tiny Fail Logan's videos with a push pull setup with competent fans I shaved 4-6c off my NH-D14 load temps with the same ambient and same overclock. Sure it costs more for nicer fans but it's not like the cooler can't handle itself.

I generally like his reviews but sometimes he just doesn't do the cooler justice. Did you all notice he completely omitted the medium setting, which is silent as well? I have a Corsair fan as a case fan running off the pump at medium and I can't hear it.

Maybe he should have though of adding that to the test?
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
Did you watch the video you posted by any chance? Because he definitely did not say any of that
?? I didn't say he did. Thats just facts that I posted.
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
It seems the H100 isn't much better than the Noctua NH-D14, so why would anyone buy one? Am I missing something?
The form factor is the main reason I went from the D14 to the H100. It simply looks better. It also performs just as well (better in some cases) than the D14. Plus, for the 90$ I paid for it, I'd say I got a good cooler.
Edited by Paladin Goo - 8/16/11 at 5:58am
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashric View Post
?? I didn't say he did. Thats just facts that I posted.
Listen from about 40 minutes in and onwards, he actually has lots of praise for it... and points out the negatives too, but it definitely isn't as bad as some people are saying.
post #36 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post
The form factor is the main reason I went from the D14 to the H100. It simply looks better.
Not to mention in push/pull with good fans it will outperform it quite handily.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
Listen from about 40 minutes in and onwards, he actually has lots of praise for it... and points out the negatives too, but it definitely isn't as bad as some people are saying.
Especially when he lauds it for it's ability to cool the pants off a chip @ 4.2 and 4.4GHz where the NH-D14 simply couldn't handle the heat as well.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
Contrary to Tiny Fail Logan's videos with a push pull setup with competent fans I shaved 4-6c off my NH-D14 load temps with the same ambient and same overclock. Sure it costs more for nicer fans but it's not like the cooler can't handle itself.

I generally like his reviews but sometimes he just doesn't do the cooler justice. Did you all notice he completely omitted the medium setting, which is silent as well? I have a Corsair fan as a case fan running off the pump at medium and I can't hear it.

Maybe he should have though of adding that to the test?
He is testing what came in the box. Nothing more and nothing less. Go check out some of Ehume's threads in the air cooling section. You can shave several degrees off of the D14 if you use different fans.

Not sure why you have a problem with the review. He gave the cooler the gold award and basically had nothing but praise (in the video) . He pointed to the fact that it beats the D14 for high overclocks...which it should given the much higher price.
Edited by JCPUser - 8/16/11 at 6:02am
post #38 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post
He is testing what came in the box. Nothing more and nothing less. Go check out some of Ehume's threads in the air cooling section. You can shave several degrees off of the D14 if you use different fans.

Not sure why you have a problem with the review. He gave the cooler the gold award and basically had nothing but praise (in the video) . He pointed to the fact that it beats the D14 for high overclocks...which it should given the much higher price.
And if you want to claim you can shave more off the NH-D14 then you will also know that you can shave even more off the H100 with different fans.

Besides, my NH-D14 already had an AP-15 pushing with the NF-P14 pulling. So it's not like I was comparing my H100 to a stock NH-D14. The H100 just outperforms it.

I have no problem with most of TTL's reviews except where he omits one whole FEATURE of the H100, the ability to run quietly with the MEDIUM setting, which he did not use once. Yet he'd rather complain how horrible it runs at low and how loud it is at high. Common sense would have told me to give medium a shot, doncha' think?
Edited by blackbalt89 - 8/16/11 at 6:11am
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
Listen from about 40 minutes in and onwards, he actually has lots of praise for it... and points out the negatives too, but it definitely isn't as bad as some people are saying.
I dont think people are saying its a bad cooler. I think the main problem is the price or value for money. At the price it is at the moment it should beat the NH-D14 and Silver Arrow by a comfortable margin and be just as quiet whilst doing it. Listening in that video to get the temps better than the air coolers you have to have the fans at the highest setting which is very loud compared to either the NH-D14 or Silver Arrow and only beats them by a couple of degrees. I guess some people have different views on whats value for monay and what isn't and imo the H100 certainly doesnt represent value for money when you consider what else is on the market.
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
And if you want to claim you can shave more off the NH-D14 then you will also know that you can shave even more off the H100 with different fans.

Besides, my NH-D14 already had an AP-15 pushing with the NF-P14 pulling. So it's not like I was comparing my H100 to a stock NH-D14. The H100 just outperforms it.

I have no problem with most of TTL's reviews except where he omits one whole FEATURE of the H100, the ability to run quietly with the MEDIUM setting, which he did not use once. Yet he'd rather complain how horrible it runs at low and how loud it is at high. Common sense would have told me to give medium a shot, doncha' think?
But if you have the same fans on both coolers the NH-D14 would win
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asus Maximus VI Extreme MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning LE MSI Radeon R9 290X Lightning 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX Samsung 840 Evo Crucial M4  Transcend SSD370 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H110i GT Windows 10 Professional x64 Benq XL2730Z CM Storm Quick Fire TK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
1000W Be Quiet! Power Zone CM Storm Stryker Coolermaster Xornet II Steelseries Qck Heavy 
AudioAudioOther
FiiO E10K Headphone Amplifier and DAC  Sennheiser HD598 HTC Vive VR 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [OC3D] Corsair H100 Review