Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Redmond Pie]New Android Malware Disguises Itself As Google+
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Redmond Pie]New Android Malware Disguises Itself As Google+ - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
Why don't people install one of the many free antivirus/malware app from the store.
Phones don't have viruses, so obviously those programs are malware themselves!
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyboyd View Post
Way to go.

Easy to spot, most people that have G+ know that's it's web-only.
Its also an Android app


Money pit
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SB-E 3930K @ 4.5GHz & 1.36v Rampage IV Formula R9 290 OC CF DDR3 1866 Dominator Platinum 4 x 4GB (9-11-9-27... 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2 x 128GB SSD + 2 x 500GB + 1 x 1TB Heatkiller rev. 3, EK motherboard VRM, Aquacomp... Catleap Q270 27" 2560 x 1440 @ 65Hz Ducky Mini (Snake) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850W lian li v2000b plus (black) G400 in MX518 case Audioengine A2 + 10" Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
Money pit
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SB-E 3930K @ 4.5GHz & 1.36v Rampage IV Formula R9 290 OC CF DDR3 1866 Dominator Platinum 4 x 4GB (9-11-9-27... 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2 x 128GB SSD + 2 x 500GB + 1 x 1TB Heatkiller rev. 3, EK motherboard VRM, Aquacomp... Catleap Q270 27" 2560 x 1440 @ 65Hz Ducky Mini (Snake) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX850W lian li v2000b plus (black) G400 in MX518 case Audioengine A2 + 10" Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 20
This is a good reason why stupid people should continue to buy iPhones. Leave the real technology to us big boys.
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
This is a good reason why stupid people should continue to buy iPhones. Leave the real technology to us big boys.
Apparently some folks can't take care of their devices responsibly, and then blame the OS for the faults. Derp.
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
This is a good reason why stupid people should continue to buy iPhones. Leave the real technology to us big boys.
I assume you want to be fed? Silly troll.

On topic, not really an issue since it wasn't on the market. Also, as if it wasn't obvious, RP is more of an Apple site, titles are almost always misleading with Android systems and spot on with Apple. Take everything Android there with a grain of salt.

And no I don't own an Android phone, I own an iPhone 3GS [Which is kinda how I've learned RP sides with Apple over time].
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus Maximus Impact VII Z97 EVGA GTX 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix VLP 2x8GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Seagate 1TB SSHD Lite-On eNAU108-111 Thermalright Ultra Extreme Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Professional Asus PB278Q Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Seasonic 760W Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CaseLabs Nova X2M Logitech G602 Razer Scarab Asus Sonar Impact II + AudioEngine A2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle7412 View Post
Another reason why I don't buy smart phones/tablets. Small technology for small brains.
Better not upgrade to less then 45nm then.
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
This is a good reason why stupid people should continue to buy iPhones. Leave the real technology to us big boys.
You can have all that malware, big boy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyboyd View Post
Way to go.

Easy to spot, most people that have G+ know that's it's web-only.
There's also an iPhone app for it.
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
You can have all that malware, big boy.




There's also an iPhone app for it.
I'll make a .sh file for your iPhone that contains rm -f /. You have to have root and actually execute it, but you now have malware too right?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V PRO PowerColor 5870 PCS++ GSkill DDR3 1600 8GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Arch Linux / Ubuntu 11.10 / Windows 7 HP ZR24w Filco Majestouch with blacks Real Power M850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF 932 Razer Deathadder 90x45cm l0l 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K Asus P8Z68-V PRO PowerColor 5870 PCS++ GSkill DDR3 1600 8GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Arch Linux / Ubuntu 11.10 / Windows 7 HP ZR24w Filco Majestouch with blacks Real Power M850 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF 932 Razer Deathadder 90x45cm l0l 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
You can have all that malware, big boy.
With great power comes great responsibility.

Your argument against using Android because of malware would be like arguing against Windows because of malware. You won't be winning that argument anytime soon, at least not with enthusiasts. Enjoy Steve Jobs' Approved List of Apps, I'll enjoy whatever pleases me.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 20
So how come this story is no where but Redmond Pie?

Not to mention installing itself from the browser being impossible.

If it could do that, that would be huge news because its never been done before.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [Redmond Pie]New Android Malware Disguises Itself As Google+