Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [NEW YT] Battlefield 3 JET Footage Caspian Border Gameplay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[NEW YT] Battlefield 3 JET Footage Caspian Border Gameplay - Page 27

post #261 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post
jets add another dynamic to the gameplay... it's not meant to be realistic. Come on man, obviously if this game was meant to be realistic you would need huge crazy maps to accomodate jets, and even helicopters for that matter...
Since you edited.. I'll respond here: If people weren't interested in playing a semi-realistic game, BF3 wouldn't sell a single copy. TF2 is free after all.

Everything else about the combat is *somewhat* realistic; combat engagement distances, weapon damage, loadouts, magazine size, bullets hurt people/don't hurt tanks, rockets hurt vehicles and people, etc etc etc. Sure, there isn't independent limb damage, penetration tables for armor, etc, but it's BELIEVABLE. Jets capable of Mach 2+ duking it out over a 1.7km x 1.4km region at 200 feet for 10 minutes at a time is NOT BELIEVABLE.

Since realism doesn't matter, what if the M16A4 now shoots lasers instead? And let's have the AK74 shoot rpgs too. That would be so cool, amirite? Let's ride Pinkie Pie into battle carrying lances (diamond tipped) and cast magic spells.

Would you anti-'realism' guys be ok with that? I'm guessing "no." The line has to be drawn somewhere. I draw it with the jets. Big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post
this game is the true predecessor of bf2, did you complain about the jets in there as well?
What if I did? What if I have a different opinion??
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #262 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
Since you edited.. I'll respond here: If people weren't interested in playing a semi-realistic game, BF3 wouldn't sell a single copy. TF2 is free after all.

Everything else about the combat is *somewhat* realistic; combat engagement distances, weapon damage, loadouts, magazine size, bullets hurt people/don't hurt tanks, rockets hurt vehicles and people, etc etc etc. Sure, there isn't independent limb damage, penetration tables for armor, etc, but it's BELIEVABLE. Jets capable of Mach 2+ duking it out over a 1.7km x 1.4km region at 200 feet for 10 minutes at a time is NOT BELIEVABLE.

Since realism doesn't matter, what if the M16A4 now shoots lasers instead? And let's have the AK74 shoot rpgs too. That would be so cool, amirite? Let's ride Pinkie Pie into battle carrying lances (diamond tipped) and cast magic spells.

Would you anti-'realism' guys be ok with that? I'm guessing "no." The line has to be drawn somewhere. I draw it with the jets. Big deal.



What if I did? What if I have a different opinion??
Reviving a guy with a .50 cal shaped hole in his skull with a defibulator shock to his gonads is "NOT BELIEVABLE" either.

Also, jets have already been confirmed as being faster than what you saw in the trailer where footage is chosen for displaying their content and not for winning a round.

And with that, your argument is invalidated.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Reviving a guy with a .50 cal shaped hole in his skull with a defibulator shock to his gonads is "NOT BELIEVABLE" either.

And with that, your argument is invalidated.
Assuming I was defending the reviving of a guy with a .50 caliber hole in his face, then yes, my argument would be invalid. Since I am not, YOUR argument is invalid. As a matter of fact, I'd throw that out too. It's a single comment about the game "I don't like the jets" it's not meant to be my only criticism/enjoyment of the game. Jeez. Way to miss the point entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpain View Post
How are jets a fault though? You are expressing an opinion as fact. Obviously we won't have jets fly at subsonic speeds in this game due to balancing issues. The stage simply is not big enough for that type of warfare. Until we have hardware that can reproduce a 100sq. mile battlefield, this is what we have to use. That has nothing to due with fanboyism. Also, didn't know I could be a fanboy without ever playing the game.
No, I'm expressing OPINION as OPINION. I've made that clear, many times.

Oh, and of course the jets will be flying at subsonic speeds. That means "less than the speed of sound." Rofl.
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #264 of 297
Okay, TF2 became free after costing money for 4 years, don't use that as an example of a free game....
Workstation
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 c0 @ 3.50 Asus Sabertooth X58 Nvidia gtx 570 Nvidia gtx 210 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
12 GB (Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz + G.Skill Ripj... OCZ Vertex II 60GB + x2 WD 1TB + WD 500 GB Lite-On DVD Burner LG Blu Ray Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 Professional x64, Arch Linux x64 Samsung 22 inch 1920x1080 60Hz Asus 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS Acer 19 inch 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g11 Corsair 750 Watt NZXT Tempest Razer deathadder 3500 dpi 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
OCZ Audigy SE Sony MDR-V6 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 c0 @ 3.50 Asus Sabertooth X58 Nvidia gtx 570 Nvidia gtx 210 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
12 GB (Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz + G.Skill Ripj... OCZ Vertex II 60GB + x2 WD 1TB + WD 500 GB Lite-On DVD Burner LG Blu Ray Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 Professional x64, Arch Linux x64 Samsung 22 inch 1920x1080 60Hz Asus 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS Acer 19 inch 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g11 Corsair 750 Watt NZXT Tempest Razer deathadder 3500 dpi 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
OCZ Audigy SE Sony MDR-V6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleboy View Post
Okay, TF2 became free after costing money for 4 years, don't use that as an example of a free game....
It wasn't my example of a free game, it was my example of a (great) unrealistic FPS.

..Facepalm.

Just saw this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarySnack View Post
The maps would have to be gigantic to allow for them to move that fast, and then it would be no fun for ground troops as the maps would be too big. You want realistic, go play ARMA.
In your defense, at least you didn't say "you want realism, son? join the army" like so many others on here..

But.. you actually made part of my point for me. Jets don't fit the scale of a company-on-company size battle like a BF round.
Edited by pursuinginsanity - 8/17/11 at 7:12am
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
Assuming I was defending the reviving of a guy with a .50 caliber hole in his face, then yes, my argument would be invalid. Since I am not, YOUR argument is invalid. As a matter of fact, I'd throw that out too. It's a single comment about the game "I don't like the jets" it's not meant to be my only criticism/enjoyment of the game. Jeez. Way to miss the point entirely.
Missed the point?

More like you are attempting to evade a very valid point (not including the fact that your "the jets are too slow argument", was your main argument, and that main argument was already rebutted via none other than a DICE dev. Some reason, you forgot to address that in this post ).

That point being, that stuff being unbelievable has never stood in the way of Battlefield and noone has ever cared.

Therefore its pointless to complain now about this ONE instance of unbeleivability, when the whole game practically revolves around it.

Its like complaining about one hair turning grey when 75% of your hair was already grey before that single strand became grey.

Tanks dont get repaired via little drills or blow torches randomly skimming their surface.

People dont get shot and revived.

People dont auto heal.

Ammo does not automagically teleport from a nearby ammo box to your magazine.

Battlefield has never relied upon being believable to provide enjoyment, it relies upon mechanics that people can find fun to play with.

In all honesty, it sounds like Battlefield is a game that you couldn't enjoy because of the importance you put on believability.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 8/17/11 at 7:22am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 297
Actually the term subsonic is ment for speed just below approaching the sound barrier. Jokes is on you.
Anyway pursuing insanity, at the end of the day, its just a game. You can play or sit in the corner and pout over jets. All I know is we are in for a treat with this game and I will be enjoying it on day 1.
Veda
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 4.8 GHz HT on Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX580 x2 in SLi 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz at 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Sata3 120Gig SSD Asus Windows 7 Home Acer HN274Hbmiiid Black 27" 3D Full HD 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Illuminated Keyboard Corsair Professional Series AX850 Corsair 600T SE Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Veda
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 4.8 GHz HT on Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 EVGA GTX580 x2 in SLi 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz at 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Sata3 120Gig SSD Asus Windows 7 Home Acer HN274Hbmiiid Black 27" 3D Full HD 120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Illuminated Keyboard Corsair Professional Series AX850 Corsair 600T SE Logitech G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #268 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
Jets capable of Mach 2+ duking it out over a 1.7km x 1.4km region at 200 feet for 10 minutes at a time is NOT BELIEVABLE.


All the jets ive seen in the trailers are not capable of super cruise.

under normal circumstances they are going to fly FAR slower than their max speeds.


i am no expert military historian, but the last major air conflict would have been vietnam, which the Americans went into thinking there wouldn't be dog fighting, but there was, hence all modern US fighters still have cannons. missiles have come a long way since then, but i know the Russians and Americans are still very interested in dog fighting.

so i dont think its hyper unrealistic, not much more so than the land based combat.
Hex'd
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Hex'd
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #269 of 297
Man, i was going to quote a massive amoutn but every said pretty much what i wanted to say.

The Maps would have to be like some 100sq Mile Maps if Jets were to be put to their realistic specs, since no-computer can run with a map that large with good graphics, and still have all the other combat, they slowed down the jets. It was purely to allow jets to be in the game because that is an awesome feature. no not really that realistic, but fun. Someday i hope to play a battlefield game with a map that large that can have full speed jets and 512v512 combat, but i dont see it happening anytime soon
post #270 of 297
HERE Dice take my wallet , my money, my credit cards my social insurance number... daughters virginity, i dont care, just give me this ******* game NOW
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [NEW YT] Battlefield 3 JET Footage Caspian Border Gameplay