Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Magicool Rad's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Magicool Rad's - Page 2

post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorner;14617459 
I have one of the new Coolgate 360 rads, and can tell you that they are every bit as good as your next rad. However, the paint finish as mentioned above isn't "spot on" but no big deal really. It performs very well and I'm getting pretty much the same temps with a surprisingly similar load temps with a different setup: 980x @ 4.4ghz/1.4v and a GTX580 at 950mhz. I have two separate rads however, one being an EK Coolstream 360 and the other a Coolgate (magicool) 360 rad with 6 NoiseBlocker fans.

Wow, im beginning to think I will need a 240 rad in there as well to obtain the temps I want on an x4 640 and GTX460 (yes I know its not really worth it but I fold 24/7 and want peace!). Guess it will be good for any future upgrades anyway.

What you reckon?
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 28
You should be good to go with a good 360 rad for that setup. My sig rig never gets warmer than 39C on the cpu and 34C on the gpu and that's with the p&p yates at ~800 rpm. wheee.gif
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Elf;14612958 
My mistake, it's the same company but they're the higher performing, higher priced range.

I don't think it's the same company, actually; however Magicool DOES make the rads, as well as those for EK, Swiftech, Alphacool, Aquacomputer's Airplex Revo, XSPC, Phobya, and I think Koolance's and Feser's older radiators.
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Reply
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Elf;14612958 
My mistake, it's the same company but they're the higher performing, higher priced range.

That is accurate, I have one. It also has 4 ports so there is some flexibility with tube routing.
Edited by theseekeroffun - 8/17/11 at 2:14pm
DUALBRAIN
(15 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon X5680 Xeon X5680 eVGA SR-2 eVGA GTX 780 Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
eVGA GTX 780 Ti 24 GB Corsair Dominator Samsung 840 Pro Aqua Kryos x 2 CPU, Aqua Nickel Ti x 2, MIPS MB... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate Dell U3415W Func KB 460 & Happy Hacker Pro 2 Corsair 1200 AXi 
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH 10 Func Audio Engine A5+ 
  hide details  
Reply
DUALBRAIN
(15 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon X5680 Xeon X5680 eVGA SR-2 eVGA GTX 780 Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
eVGA GTX 780 Ti 24 GB Corsair Dominator Samsung 840 Pro Aqua Kryos x 2 CPU, Aqua Nickel Ti x 2, MIPS MB... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate Dell U3415W Func KB 460 & Happy Hacker Pro 2 Corsair 1200 AXi 
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH 10 Func Audio Engine A5+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaboy607;14618307 
Wow, im beginning to think I will need a 240 rad in there as well to obtain the temps I want on an x4 640 and GTX460 (yes I know its not really worth it but I fold 24/7 and want peace!). Guess it will be good for any future upgrades anyway.

What you reckon?

The only reason I'm running 2x360 rads is because I like to run my fans down at 600rpm - I refuse to compromise noise levels for more performance, so I went overkill on the rads. Also, this setup is meant to be expandable in the future in case I want to add more video cards, or a MB block etc. So it's definitely more rad than I need, but always get as much as you possibly can (and can afford) to start so you don't need 1,800 rpm fans whizzing away and ruining the whole experience/half the reason for watercooling IMO.
post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorner;14618992 
The only reason I'm running 2x360 rads is because I like to run my fans down at 600rpm - I refuse to compromise noise levels for more performance, so I went overkill on the rads. Also, this setup is meant to be expandable in the future in case I want to add more video cards, or a MB block etc. So it's definitely more rad than I need, but always get as much as you possibly can (and can afford) to start so you don't need 1,800 rpm fans whizzing away and ruining the whole experience/half the reason for watercooling IMO.

Agreed 100%! This is my main motivation for doing it plus its cool!

However now the question is if I went for a 360 and a 240 do I still with magicool as they are slim and in stock or go for the RS series as they have the least flow restrictiveness. I will be running an Laing DDC 18W with an EK top by the way.
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaboy607;14619010 
Agreed 100%! This is my main motivation for doing it plus its cool!

However now the question is if I went for a 360 and a 240 do I still with magicool as they are slim and in stock or go for the RS series as they have the least flow restrictiveness. I will be running an Laing DDC 18W with an EK top by the way.

Awesome smile.gif You'll have fun for sure.

I wouldn't worry about flow issues with radiators. All of the radiators are pretty similar in restriction - and none of them really affect flow very much at all, so you're good to go in that respect whichever rad you chose.

Just go with what's in stock as most of the radiators outside of HWLabs and Thermochill are all pumped out of the same factory anyhow. I personally like the thicker rads better as they also seem to mask fan noise a little better as well; and from what I can see perform marginally better as well - but in reality, tiny changes/differences between them are pretty hard to see in real world usage.

Your pump is more than adequate for everything too smile.gif So you're good to go. Just make sure you turn down your pump a bit or it'll piss you off noise wise lol those are a bit louder than the D5 pumps smile.gif I've got both... so I can say from experience.
post #18 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorner;14619086 
I personally like the thicker rads better as they also seem to mask fan noise a little better as well; and from what I can see perform marginally better as well - but in reality, tiny changes/differences between them are pretty hard to see in real world usage.

In that case, I think I will go with the magicool slim up top as thats really all I can fit plus I have seen data that implies it performs similarly to the MCR320 and an XSPC RX240 down the bottom. Now all I need to do is find some money to pay for it!
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 28
You won't encounter any flow problems i guarantee you that, i am currently running all MagiCool rads on my rig: 1x 240Extreme, 1x 240Slim and 1x 120Extreme all these + 1x hk 3.0 for the cpu and 1x hk gpu wb for the gpu, all these on a MCP350 + aftermarket top and the flow is still strong, also i might add that in my opinion the MagiCool radiators are fairly decent performers;).
Edited by Zamoldac - 8/18/11 at 12:07am
Falx v4.0
(17 items)
 
Falx v3.0
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700  Asus Crosshair VI Hero Asus GTX Titan OG G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Alphacool XPX Aquacomputer Kryographics Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm  Laing DDC ultra Win 10 x64 DELL 3007WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G610 MX Red Super Flower Leadex 750W Corsair 400C White Logitech G Pro 
Mouse Pad
Gigabyte GP-MP8000 
  hide details  
Reply
Falx v4.0
(17 items)
 
Falx v3.0
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700  Asus Crosshair VI Hero Asus GTX Titan OG G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Alphacool XPX Aquacomputer Kryographics Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm  Laing DDC ultra Win 10 x64 DELL 3007WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G610 MX Red Super Flower Leadex 750W Corsair 400C White Logitech G Pro 
Mouse Pad
Gigabyte GP-MP8000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamoldac;14619733 
You won't encounter any flow problems i guarantee you that, i am currently running all MagiCool rads on my rig: 1x 240Extreme, 1x 240Slim and 1x 120Extreme all these + 1x hk 3.0 for the cpu and 1x hk gpu wb for the gpu, all these on a MCP350 + aftermarket top and the flow is still strong, also i might add that in my opinion the MagiCool radiators are fairly decent performers;).

Sweet, thanks for your input.
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Pearl
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x4 640 Asus M4A87TD EVGA GTX460 4GB G-Skill 1600 7-7-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
60GB Agility SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200.11 Windows Ultimate 64 bit Corsair AX750 Fractal Design Black Pearl 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Magicool Rad's