The efficiency is important for power consumption. Let's assume the pc is pulling 600W with the PSU at 85% efficiency. Total power consumption: 600/85 *100 = 706 total power consumption. The other 15% is converted in to heat, that's why PSU's need good cooling.
post #11 of 14
8/21/11 at 11:49am