Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Which way does the Sparkle GTX 560 Ti exhaust??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which way does the Sparkle GTX 560 Ti exhaust??

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
I'm buying a whole new set of fans for my CM 690 II (upgrading from the default) and I need to know which way this card vents its air. From the looks of it... I think it vents into the case instead of out the back.

I couldn't find any information on it from Google or the PDF spec sheet. Would I be correct? Or is it External exhaust?

Plastic Shuriken
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz ASRock P67 PRO3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
128GB Crucial M4 SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Xigmatek Gaia  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung P2350 XFX PRO550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced Logitech VX Nano 
  hide details  
Reply
Plastic Shuriken
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz ASRock P67 PRO3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
128GB Crucial M4 SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Xigmatek Gaia  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung P2350 XFX PRO550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced Logitech VX Nano 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 4
It's interal and external exhaust. like 75% the hot air comes inside the other 25% goes outside through the exhaust bracket.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
I know this isn't the air cooling board, but quick question. I'm planning case airflow... Does this mean I should put the fan(s) near it to exhaust, or blow air on it?
Plastic Shuriken
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz ASRock P67 PRO3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
128GB Crucial M4 SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Xigmatek Gaia  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung P2350 XFX PRO550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced Logitech VX Nano 
  hide details  
Reply
Plastic Shuriken
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k 4.4GHz ASRock P67 PRO3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
128GB Crucial M4 SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Xigmatek Gaia  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung P2350 XFX PRO550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced Logitech VX Nano 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGamer83 View Post
I know this isn't the air cooling board, but quick question. I'm planning case airflow... Does this mean I should put the fan(s) near it to exhaust, or blow air on it?
I think exhaust near the card would work better. Give it a shot both ways. It's easy to swap them around.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Which way does the Sparkle GTX 560 Ti exhaust??