Overclock.net banner

does this ram work with AMD? yes or no

610 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  NatPC 
#1 ·
#5 ·
maybe when BD comes out they will advertize "works with Bulldozer" lols..
Bias shmucks! my patriot Vipers said that "Intel ready" or what ever.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by That Guy
View Post

With AM3, AM3+ and FM1 socket types, yes.

thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayennemist
View Post

maybe when BD comes out they will advertize "works with Bulldozer" lols..
Bias shmucks! my patriot Vipers said that "Intel ready" or what ever.

Bulldozer is not a apu....

#9 ·
You're fine, BUT you can save over $30 (nearly 50% off!) by buying your memory at NCIX or any other Canadian retailer. You can locally pick up too.

Here is the kit of memory I am talking about: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 - $49.99, locally picked up at Markham, Scarborough or Mississauga. You pay HST regardless of Newegg or NCIX.

If you are in Canada, never buy from US retailers such as Newegg. Shipping to Canada is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Always buy from Canadian retailers in Canada. Even with shipping costs, it is significantly cheaper.

If you already ordered from Newegg.ca, CANCEL right away.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;14671092
You're fine, BUT you can save over $30 (nearly 50% off!) by buying your memory at NCIX or any other Canadian retailer. You can locally pick up too.

Here is the kit of memory I am talking about: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 - $49.99, locally picked up at Markham, Scarborough or Mississauga. You pay HST regardless of Newegg or NCIX.

If you are in Canada, never buy from US retailers such as Newegg. Shipping to Canada is just too expensive to make it worthwhile. Always buy from Canadian retailers in Canada. Even with shipping costs, it is significantly cheaper.

If you already ordered from Newegg.ca, CANCEL right away.
new egg is the only place that sells that ram "Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3X1K2/8GX" and ncix doesnt sell it there and i dont like "2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600" i go for LOOKS then performances + the ram can only be black or green if its blue or red it will not look good in my case
frown.gif

no i didnt order it and yes im in canada
smile.gif
+ it say newegg.ca and they sell the ram http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104266 and US sells it for $44 >< http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104266

#11 ·
#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;14671291
Alright, $30+ more for the same specs and higher voltage... your choice
tongue.gif

EDIT: Actually NCIX does have this available...
Mushkin Enhanced Frostbyte 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.65V - $50, $45 after rebate
OR G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.5V - $50.77 after price match
G.Skill Sniper 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CL 1.25V (decent overclockers at 1.5V) - $53.74 after price match
Black or green for less
smile.gif
? they dont have it and the ram in ur link donest look like it...

ooo actually that "Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 8GB" does look kinda cool
smile.gif

never mind i just gonna go with this ram its DAM good http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_614&item_id=035322
i dont know a lot about ram but i know if the numbers are CL9-11-9-27 and 2000MHz its good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.