Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Kana
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steelseries Kana - Page 12

post #111 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
ExactAim, ExactAccel, ExactRate, FreeMove and so on. These are examples of stuff that no one had done before we dived into mice, that no one had made configurable directly on the mouse and that seems to be lost on "hardware fetishists".
We allready know that stuff from the Xai, so I don't see the need to really talk about that.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #112 of 503
Is the Kana the mouse that most resembles Kinzu in terms of size and shape? The Sensei seems a bit too large for me. What material is it made of?

How big a difference is there between the Omron and TTC switches I keep hearing about on these boards? Do the clicks respond differently? Can anyone whose tried both describe it?
post #113 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
If you feel DA is the perfect mouse.
Actually it's not for me because of its shape (i love ambidextrous mice), but a HUGE percent of the ppl i know/see/hear seem to think that way. I myself tried it and it is almost perfect so it's not just my "perception of a perfect mouse".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
This has nothing to do with trying to create differentiation, we don't make any of our products "less" to make others products look "more"
How can you say that? I actually have some knowledge on this kind of things (im 29 years old and i have a marketing degree) and obviously you and every other company tries to cover the whole market with products ranging from cheaper to more expensive mice. In order to do that you have to cut the production cost of the item (quality and feature wise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
Ever wondered why some mice have glossy plastic on their sides? It's because its ultra cheap to do that, as you basically make no treatment of the plastic. We don't like that, we feel it's a fingerprint magnet, so we spend money and time on a surface treatment.
This is why the Xai RUSE (which i actually own) is priced EXACTLY like the normal version? I don't know what you're trying to prove but as i said ... these things are a matter of personal taste. This is why markeloff switched from the black one to RUSE. The glossy plastic has a better grip imo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
I hate to tell you this but 99% of the gamers who buy a mouse, doesn't care or even consider the switches in a mouse. Really. 99%. You may care. A lot of the people on this forum may care. But 99% of customers who will buy this mouse, will not care.
Ignorance is bliss right? WRONG! 99% of the gamers don't care because they don't know. But we are talking about quality here so show me one guy who knows microswitches and thinks that TTCs are better than OMRONs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
It has nothing to do with marketing - as the 99% of the market doesn't care. Just like others, I feel you are perceiving your personal viewpoints (and those of many visitors here) as those of the general market. It is not so.
You must think im here to bash Steelseries. It's not the case. Im not perceiving anything and you agreed with me about the switches when you used omrons in Red Kinzu and priced it higher than the regular version. I mean you had the White Kinzu with TTC AND glossy coating, so why an omron version? Obviously because the omrons are rated higher and some ppl required that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrom View Post
Kana hasn't been announced yet. Big surprise: no price for Kana has been announced yet, either.
THAT was my only problem, not the quality of the Kana. Surely im not the only one thinking that using cheaper switches for a 45 pounds mouse is unacceptable (especially when similar priced products from other companies use the best in the field). Most likely the price on Amazon will drop according to Steelseries price.

Once again im not attacking SS products. People on this forum have advanced knowledge on microswitches, sensors, quality of a product and know exactly what they want. I've seen ppl here making one mouse out of two (KinzuAdder) just because they can't find the perfect product available on the market. You should see these post for what they are ... the opinions of your buyers. Just because i was the one starting this conversation doesn't mean i'm the only one thinking that way. Alot of guys agreed about the switches so stop trying to make it seem like im paranoid or something. You think we like spending money on mice with flaws? We just want a mouse as close to perfection as possible (if such a thing even exists) and Steelseries trying to hear our opinions is the best way to reach that goal. You came so close with Kinzu and even closer with the Xai, now the only thing missing is a flawless sensor in those mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liaomiao View Post
How big a difference is there between the Omron and TTC switches I keep hearing about on these boards? Do the clicks respond differently? Can anyone whose tried both describe it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post
They are pretty hard to press and feel not very responsive.

Edited by kaingosu - 9/18/11 at 5:02pm
post #114 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaingosu View Post
You came so close with Kinzu and even closer with the Xai, now the only thing missing is a flawless sensor in those mice.
And the Sensei has the same sensor so they didn't get any closer. I liked the Xai shape but the sensor
post #115 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPirate View Post
And the Sensei has the same sensor so they didn't get any closer. I liked the Xai shape but the sensor
True! I was gonna mention that, but i was afraid kimrom will tell me 99% of the gamers don't care about that . Ah well ... one more shot available (Kana).
post #116 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPirate View Post
And the Sensei has the same sensor so they didn't get any closer. I liked the Xai shape but the sensor
In fact the flaws in the avago 9500 sensor is exaggerated. On most clothpads the acceleration do get up to 4-5% but theres exceptions like the artisan hayate, artisan shiden-kai and hardpads where the acceleration is minimal.

They couldn't bring the costumization in the sensei with any other sensor.

If you don't need that amount of costumization then the sensei isn't for you anyway, you should get the kana or kinzu v2 then.
post #117 of 503
Do we know what the kana's shape will be though is it gonna be small or similar to the sensei.
post #118 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaingosu View Post
We just want a mouse as close to perfection as possible (if such a thing even exists) and Steelseries trying to hear our opinions is the best way to reach that goal. You came so close with Kinzu and even closer with the Xai, now the only thing missing is a flawless sensor in those mice.
We don't know what sensor the kinzu v2 will have. I'm hoping the PixArt PAN3305DK-H

The sensei obviously target those who wants complete costumization and not you.
post #119 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPirate View Post
Do we know what the kana's shape will be though is it gonna be small or similar to the sensei.


And to quote kimrom it should be something in between the kana and sensei in size
post #120 of 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiiYaa View Post
We don't know what sensor the kinzu v2 will have. I'm hoping the PixArt PAN3305DK-H

The sensei obviously target those who wants complete costumization and not you.
Too bad you can't customize the amount of built in acceleration in the sensor. I'm not saying that's Steelseries fault, but the inconsistent acceleration IS present ( in Xai, Kone+, Naos, G500 etc). That's a fact. Should we not talk about it? Pretend it isn't there? I can only hope the next 9800 laser i'm hearing about does't have these problems.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Kana