Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Restart at windows 7 loading screen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Restart at windows 7 loading screen - Page 2

post #11 of 26
Cpu and mb = new install, especially if the core of the system changed like goin from AMD to Intel.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 26
Oh ok I thought you were installing Windows 7 as a fresh build lol.

It may be your CPU cooler not being seated properly and/or is the CPU cooler fan spinning on startup etc?
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGibbs;14724471 
I just installed a bunch of new hardware.

When I go into the windows 7 loading screen it loads for a few seconds the animation freezes and then restarts.

My new computer parts are
Core i5 2500k
Motherboard - MSI P67A GD65 B3

My other parts are
radeon hd 5750
1tb 7200rpm hard drive
600 watt psu
8gb ddr3 ram

I really need help and I need the computer for tomorrow eek.gif




If you changed motherboard and cpu,most likely you need too re install windows.Certainly you do backups from time too time since it's so important?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106;14724708 
Cpu and mb = new install, especially if the core of the system changed like goin from AMD to Intel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGibbs;14724702 
I can't afford to reinstall windows. I need my data.

You'd better put your old board and chip back in, repair your os so you can back up your data.

Or buy a new drive and to install a fresh os on it, then copy your data over.

What cpu/mb were you using before?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGibbs;14724471 
I just installed a bunch of new hardware.

When I go into the windows 7 loading screen it loads for a few seconds the animation freezes and then restarts.

My new computer parts are
Core i5 2500k
Motherboard - MSI P67A GD65 B3

My other parts are
radeon hd 5750
1tb 7200rpm hard drive
600 watt psu
8gb ddr3 ram

I really need help and I need the computer for tomorrow eek.gif

New MOBO and CPU!! Re-install matey the new install will save the old one in windows.old I believe that should include your users folder!
Someone back me up or shoot me down!!! tongue.gif
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlongtime;14724817 
New MOBO and CPU!! Re-install matey the new install will save the old one in windows.old I believe that should include your users folder!
Someone back me up or shoot me down!!! tongue.gif

I'm going to try this right now! I hope it works biggrin.gif
post #17 of 26
Wait, did you install all your new hardware and NOT reformat? Yeah, sometimes it works.. but other times it doesn't, especially if it's an OEM OS.
post #18 of 26
i dont understand, you have upgraded the cpu and motherboard right?

if so your gonna need to reinstall windows, no two ways about it. How you back up your data is a different matter, but as others have mentioned you will need to reinstall windows on a new cpu and mobo, you cant just plug it all in.
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahGibbs;14724841 
I'm going to try this right now! I hope it works biggrin.gif

Windows is definetly saved as windows.old file in your root when you reinstall a new copy, We are assuming here that will include your home file!!!

Dont ASSUME it makes an ass out of u and me!!

Fingers crossed! wheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif

EDIT: Microsoft help on this, it can be done...

Edited by iamlongtime - 8/26/11 at 5:10pm
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlongtime;14724903 
Windows is definetly saved as windows.old file in your root when you reinstall a new copy, We are assuming here that will include your home file!!!

Dont ASSUME it makes an ass out of u and me!!

Fingers crossed! wheee.gifwheee.gifwheee.gif

EDIT: Microsoft help on this, it can be done...

My disc doesn't allow me to upgrade frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Restart at windows 7 loading screen