re: "The instructions you are following are obsolete. See http://testing-preware.org
Just came across this little hiccup and solved it as follows:
1) launch preware
2) tap the search icon (top right) and search for Xecutah
3) install Xecutah.
4) install both secondary dependencies and restart via settings>device info>reset options
5) uninstall preware as per Enabling the Beta Testing Feeds
6) launch Xecutah
7) start XTerm - this now starts Xserver with an Xterm. Give it a mo' to give you an interface
8) touch the screen with three fingers (yeah, took me a while to figure THAT one out) - the keypad appears for Xterm
9) type the two lines of code as per under where it says "2. Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands."
(not really sure why these techies should wet themselves over posting the lines here, but there we are. The two lines you need are on the link. Make sure you type 'em in exactly right. And techies - save the keyboard to flame someone else, ok?)
10) press the center key and swipe up the xterm window
11) reinstall preware
12) launch preware and enable managed feeds (drop-down top-left)
13) switch on beta-kernels (slide switch to right)
14) dunno if a reboot helps here but I did - settings>device info>reset options
15) that gets you to here: After you restart the TouchPad, Reopen Preware. Go to Kernels and Experimental, and download UberKernel. After UberKernel is installed, open Govnah and select profile tab
I followed the last couple of steps, selected 'OnDemandTcl 1512' and bingo.
Hope it helps...