Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club - Page 274

post #2731 of 12421
Thread Starter 
One of our Members was mentioned in the Maximum PC Magazine this Month.

Otis.. Congratz Man..

Warhardened.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/pc_pr0n_25_new_kick-ass_case_mods#slide-1

Section 31
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 ASRock X79 Extreme 9 Sapphire 5770 X 2 In Crossfire 16GB Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD 128 GB 1 TB WD Black 1.5 tb WD Black  2 tb Seagate Green 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD RAPTOR 300  Plextor PX850SA Corsair H-100 Water cooling on processor Factory Cooling for both 5770 Graphic Cards 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64 ViewSonic VX2235wm Samsung 920 BW APC With Cherry Switches. 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corair HX-1000 CM Storm Trooper Enigma Cobra Edition Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse ASUS Black Leather 
Audio
Creative Core Recon 3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
Section 31
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 ASRock X79 Extreme 9 Sapphire 5770 X 2 In Crossfire 16GB Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD 128 GB 1 TB WD Black 1.5 tb WD Black  2 tb Seagate Green 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD RAPTOR 300  Plextor PX850SA Corsair H-100 Water cooling on processor Factory Cooling for both 5770 Graphic Cards 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64 ViewSonic VX2235wm Samsung 920 BW APC With Cherry Switches. 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corair HX-1000 CM Storm Trooper Enigma Cobra Edition Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse ASUS Black Leather 
Audio
Creative Core Recon 3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2732 of 12421
My Storm Trooper freezez when copying 148GBs back into my new Fresh install OS/partition and to copy tha many GBs
is taking about 1hr it freezez when opening windows /apps/programs/files basically anything is taking allmostl 1hr
using USB3.0 port from my Fantom usb3.0 " when openning apps the pictures take a will to load"
Heres my temps with Speccy

MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz 42 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
15.8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
HP vs17 (1280x1024@60Hz)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drives
195GB Seagate ST9200827AS ATA Device (SATA) 35 °C
977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 ATA Device (SATA) 35 °C

And when i start click biosII and its loadind my moused is not responsive the screen
freezez untill ClickbiosII starts is tha normal

Could it be my graphics chip??
post #2733 of 12421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpforce1 View Post

an update on my trooper build...
LL
LL
LL
LL

looks good can u still get the cover on the top if so can u take a pic i kind of like this idaer!!!!!! grait work
post #2734 of 12421
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheWyn View Post

Of course,i very need it. thanks justin thumbsupsmiley.png
and i have a question. h60 consair vs Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E vs Thermalright True Spirit 140 vs Thermalright True Spirit 120. which is the best ,which is the worst

Silver Arrow is best form these , but I would recommend u Noctua NH-D14

450

it's second best air cooler after Phanteks

399

, even when it comes to extra high temps + there are no problems with this cooler - low noise (ofc if u dont switch fans to something like I did - 140mm high perf Vipers biggrin.gif and slo ram clearance problems wink.gif
Edited by Flisker_new - 4/27/12 at 2:51am
post #2735 of 12421
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzab1 View Post

looks good can u still get the cover on the top if so can u take a pic i kind of like this idaer!!!!!! grait work

Thanks. Absolutely it fits! That was why i put it there biggrin.gif originally i wasnt going to put one there but when my first gts 140 showed up i sat it up top and *ding* lol. So i cut around the stock upper rad grill to open it and made inlet holes for the 140 comming down into the case. Couldnt have fit better.

Ill take a pick with the cover on today. Here are the drop downs:
LL
Edited by kpforce1 - 4/27/12 at 5:28am
Force1
(24 items)
 
Supa Troopa
(28 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5679 Xeon x5679 EVGA SR-2 Classified 3-Way SLi GTX Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Force1 AVEXIR Green/White OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 Pro Raid 0 WD Black Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Slim DVD-RW XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block MIPS SR-2 Blocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
swiftech mcp35x2 Watercool MO-RA3 420 Core Radiator Copper Tubing Win 7 Ult x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
AOC 22" AOC 22" AOC 22" Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Dual Silverstone ST1500 Watt PSU's Custom Lanli PC-7077 with inverted SR-2 Mobo Tray Logitech G9 Integrated Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon x5650 EVGA x58 Classified EVGA GTX 480 EVGA GTX 480 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Gold Corsair XMS WD Caviar WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Pioneer Bluray RW EK HF Gold CPU Block GTS Stealth 280 Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance PMP400 pump Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller Auquacomputer Auquatube Reservoir Enzotech Chipset Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
SR1 240 Rad Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC e2243Fwk AOC e2243Fwk 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC e2243Fwk Razor Blackwidow Ultimate PC Power & Cooling MKIII 1200W Silentpower Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G9x Soundblaster X-Fi Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 NVIDIA Shield 
  hide details  
Reply
Force1
(24 items)
 
Supa Troopa
(28 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5679 Xeon x5679 EVGA SR-2 Classified 3-Way SLi GTX Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Force1 AVEXIR Green/White OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 Pro Raid 0 WD Black Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Slim DVD-RW XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block MIPS SR-2 Blocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
swiftech mcp35x2 Watercool MO-RA3 420 Core Radiator Copper Tubing Win 7 Ult x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
AOC 22" AOC 22" AOC 22" Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Dual Silverstone ST1500 Watt PSU's Custom Lanli PC-7077 with inverted SR-2 Mobo Tray Logitech G9 Integrated Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon x5650 EVGA x58 Classified EVGA GTX 480 EVGA GTX 480 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Gold Corsair XMS WD Caviar WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Pioneer Bluray RW EK HF Gold CPU Block GTS Stealth 280 Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance PMP400 pump Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller Auquacomputer Auquatube Reservoir Enzotech Chipset Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
SR1 240 Rad Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC e2243Fwk AOC e2243Fwk 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC e2243Fwk Razor Blackwidow Ultimate PC Power & Cooling MKIII 1200W Silentpower Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G9x Soundblaster X-Fi Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 NVIDIA Shield 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2736 of 12421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpforce1 View Post

Thanks. Absolutely it fits! That was why i put it there biggrin.gif originally i wasnt going to put one there but when my first gts 140 showed up i sat it up top and *ding* lol. So i cut around the stock upper rad grill to open it and made inlet holes for the 140 comming down into the case. Couldnt have fit better.
Ill take a pick with the cover on today. Here are the drop downs:
LL

spot on awsome man i like it my trooper dont have a rad space at the top nomore frown.gif its the storm fortress smile.gif
post #2737 of 12421
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suave stats View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfare View Post

Buy two front and two side panel(4). Move the fronts to the back(1) or both to the bottom(1) or (2).

Alright awesome so 4 cool master fans it is, thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Edit: I just saw that it only has 50,000 hours of life frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe View Post

50 000 hours = 5.70397764 years (If you never turn it off). Your system will be out of date by then. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLlama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe View Post

50 000 hours = 5.70397764 years (If you never turn it off). Your system will be out of date by then. tongue.gif

I'm going to be that guy and point out that you forgot to account for Leap Year.lachen.gif

As such, if you never shut off your computer, the power NEVER goes out, and if you always run the fans at full strength, they will run for 5.703855806 years, or 297.41533 --- weeks.

Just sayin' *ducks and hides* smile.gif
284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLizard View Post

Well like I predicted my office was completely tore apart when my window came in but I took a break to swap it in

448

now I just need to finish putting together the troopers new home

448

This Project is Coming Together Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstcm View Post

My Storm Trooper freezez when copying 148GBs back into my new Fresh install OS/partition and to copy tha many GBs
is taking about 1hr it freezez when opening windows /apps/programs/files basically anything is taking allmostl 1hr
using USB3.0 port from my Fantom usb3.0 " when openning apps the pictures take a will to load"
Heres my temps with Speccy

MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz 42 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
15.8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
HP vs17 (1280x1024@60Hz)
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drives
195GB Seagate ST9200827AS ATA Device (SATA) 35 °C
977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EALX-009BA0 ATA Device (SATA) 35 °C

And when i start click biosII and its loadind my moused is not responsive the screen
freezez untill ClickbiosII starts is tha normal

Could it be my graphics chip??

Paragon makes a piece of software for this purpose. It is extremely difficult to copy Boot Disks onto another drive. Chances are the hardware is just fine. I would suggest reinstall of the OS onto the new HDD.

Here is Paragon's site with free downloads of their Free Software Library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker_new View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheWyn View Post

Of course,i very need it. thanks justin thumbsupsmiley.png
and i have a question. h60 consair vs Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E vs Thermalright True Spirit 140 vs Thermalright True Spirit 120. which is the best ,which is the worst

Silver Arrow is best form these , but I would recommend u Noctua NH-D14

450

it's second best air cooler after Phanteks

399

, even when it comes to extra high temps + there are no problems with this cooler - low noise (ofc if u dont switch fans to something like I did - 140mm high perf Vipers biggrin.gif and slo ram clearance problems wink.gif

I love the Look of that Red one... AWESOME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzab1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpforce1 View Post

Thanks. Absolutely it fits! That was why i put it there biggrin.gif originally i wasnt going to put one there but when my first gts 140 showed up i sat it up top and *ding* lol. So i cut around the stock upper rad grill to open it and made inlet holes for the 140 comming down into the case. Couldnt have fit better.
Ill take a pick with the cover on today. Here are the drop downs:
LL

spot on awsome man i like it my trooper dont have a rad space at the top nomore frown.gif its the storm fortress smile.gif
249

Edited by unimatrixzero - 4/27/12 at 11:15am
Section 31
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 ASRock X79 Extreme 9 Sapphire 5770 X 2 In Crossfire 16GB Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD 128 GB 1 TB WD Black 1.5 tb WD Black  2 tb Seagate Green 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD RAPTOR 300  Plextor PX850SA Corsair H-100 Water cooling on processor Factory Cooling for both 5770 Graphic Cards 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64 ViewSonic VX2235wm Samsung 920 BW APC With Cherry Switches. 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corair HX-1000 CM Storm Trooper Enigma Cobra Edition Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse ASUS Black Leather 
Audio
Creative Core Recon 3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
Section 31
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 ASRock X79 Extreme 9 Sapphire 5770 X 2 In Crossfire 16GB Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD 128 GB 1 TB WD Black 1.5 tb WD Black  2 tb Seagate Green 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD RAPTOR 300  Plextor PX850SA Corsair H-100 Water cooling on processor Factory Cooling for both 5770 Graphic Cards 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64 ViewSonic VX2235wm Samsung 920 BW APC With Cherry Switches. 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corair HX-1000 CM Storm Trooper Enigma Cobra Edition Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse ASUS Black Leather 
Audio
Creative Core Recon 3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2738 of 12421
Hi,

I wonder if someone may be able to answer a question for me. I've tried Googling this issue to no avail.

I just finished a build in a new Storm Trooper case a few days ago. The case is awesome, and I'm very happy with it except for one thing.

Every other case I've owned including my HAF 932, will flash the power LED on and off when Windows 7 is placed in a "Sleep Mode".

This Storm Trooper case doesn't do that. With no flashing LED, it's impossible to tell if the computer is in "Sleep Mode", or completely powered off. I have to tap a key to see if the computer turns back on instantly, then I know if it was left in sleep mode or not.

Apparently, this is a function of the top panel I/O board. Does anyone know of a mod I can make to accomplish a flashing power light in sleep mode?

Thanks
post #2739 of 12421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post

Hi,
I wonder if someone may be able to answer a question for me. I've tried Googling this issue to no avail.
I just finished a build in a new Storm Trooper case a few days ago. The case is awesome, and I'm very happy with it except for one thing.
Every other case I've owned including my HAF 932, will flash the power LED on and off when Windows 7 is placed in a "Sleep Mode".
This Storm Trooper case doesn't do that. With no flashing LED, it's impossible to tell if the computer is in "Sleep Mode", or completely powered off. I have to tap a key to see if the computer turns back on instantly, then I know if it was left in sleep mode or not.
Apparently, this is a function of the top panel I/O board. Does anyone know of a mod I can make to accomplish a flashing power light in sleep mode?
Thanks

hu ther u go i thort something like this would be a bios setting
post #2740 of 12421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe View Post

50 000 hours = 5.70397764 years (If you never turn it off). Your system will be out of date by then. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLlama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe View Post

50 000 hours = 5.70397764 years (If you never turn it off). Your system will be out of date by then. tongue.gif

I'm going to be that guy and point out that you forgot to account for Leap Year.lachen.gif

As such, if you never shut off your computer, the power NEVER goes out, and if you always run the fans at full strength, they will run for 5.703855806 years, or 297.41533 --- weeks.

Just sayin' *ducks and hides* smile.gif


Haha yeah you guys are right, I'm sure these fans will last me a long time thanks for all the help smile.gif


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club