Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club - Page 298

post #2971 of 12478
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLlama View Post

Oh, I never meant to imply that red bull was the sole culprit. It was a bad point in my life and I was making a lot of very stupid choices, and my lifestyle was...well atrocious. I just know that the amount of red bull I was drinking was idiotic (though some people seem to be able to do it no problem).
Now, that we've been on this somber topic... lol
How bout dem Troopers??

well dem troopers would look good with some of this in them smile.gif


and it leaked on me today and filled a pci slot the vga card was in screen went glitchy droped out ...

got up looked at the bourd lifted the card out full of coolant got some dried the slot so its safe 2 smile.gif everything fine all still working smile.gif

thumb.gif
post #2972 of 12478
Guys can a human see/feel the diffrence between 8 gigs of ram and 16?
post #2973 of 12478
Hey Skitz - I have a question for you. I saw your nice picture of the 360x120 rad mounted to the top of the case - nice mate. Did you have to do anything special to get that in? Thinking of doing push pull with 3x AeroCool 120mm Shark Fan (Red LED) pushing and 3x whatevers (havent decided yet) pulling .

I'm only doing my CPU... so I know the difference between 360 rad vs 240 rad might be negligible... but... but........ it's bigger biggrin.gif (and would let me worry less if I expand to GPU in the future)

And I really would prefer to leave the HDD bays in place..... so that leaves the top or bottom!

Edit: Though... I suppose I COULD use a 240x120 on the top with no problems, and put a 120x120 rad in place of my bottom HDD bay fan (as I'm only using one of my HDD bays)...

My only question then would be the airflow? Because I want to do push/pull on all my rads, right? With the air being push out of the case...... or can I use the 120x120 as an intake fan still?

338

Is it ok for a radiator to serve as an intake fan in push/pull? Because otherwise that would leave a gross imbalance of outtake to intake if I put that bottom rad pushing out...
Edited by Slavvik - 5/10/12 at 7:33am
post #2974 of 12478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraaz View Post

Guys can a human see/feel the diffrence between 8 gigs of ram and 16?

I could. But my pc liked it more. Especially during graphic work and video processing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavvik View Post

Is it ok for a radiator to serve as an intake fan in push/pull? Because otherwise that would leave a gross imbalance of outtake to intake if I put that bottom rad pushing out...

For the best cooling / performance go for Positive pressure (all fans blow in the case).
Edited by SortOfGrim - 5/10/12 at 7:52am
post #2975 of 12478
Quote:
For the best cooling / performance go for Positive pressure (all fans blow in the case).

I thought that a negative pressure cooling setup would result in the best cooling, yet generally not desirable due to dirt and dust being sucked in, and positive pressure would keep the dirt out but would result in less cooling performance?

EDIT: THANKS SortOfGrim, now you have me looking at my total intake CFM vs my outtake tongue.gif I was blissfully ignorant until now! Does anyone happen to know the CFM for the stock storm trooper fans? I am currently using the stock top 200mm fan (which I found to be ~91 cfm, according to unimatrix?) and the two OEM 120mm fans in the front. The rear fan was replaced with a 140mm AeroCool Shark, so I know the CFM there.

TLDR: What is the CFM of the two stock 120mm fans in the front?
Edited by Slavvik - 5/10/12 at 8:12am
post #2976 of 12478
Could someone explain to a noob what that killer card does? I don't get it. blinksmiley.gif
post #2977 of 12478
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNr24 View Post

Could someone explain to a noob what that killer card does? I don't get it. blinksmiley.gif

In "Theory" it offloads cpu processing power required by conventional NIC's and utilizes its own network processing unit dedicated for network traffic. However, there are controversial reviews and such portraying it as both a gimmick for $$ and also as an actual worthwhile piece of hardware. From what I've seen, it seems like more of a gimmick.
Force1
(24 items)
 
Supa Troopa
(28 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5679 Xeon x5679 EVGA SR-2 Classified 3-Way SLi GTX Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Force1 AVEXIR Green/White OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 Pro Raid 0 WD Black Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Slim DVD-RW XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block MIPS SR-2 Blocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
swiftech mcp35x2 Watercool MO-RA3 420 Core Radiator Copper Tubing Win 7 Ult x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
AOC 22" AOC 22" AOC 22" Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Dual Silverstone ST1500 Watt PSU's Custom Lanli PC-7077 with inverted SR-2 Mobo Tray Logitech G9 Integrated Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon x5650 EVGA x58 Classified EVGA GTX 480 EVGA GTX 480 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Gold Corsair XMS WD Caviar WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Pioneer Bluray RW EK HF Gold CPU Block GTS Stealth 280 Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance PMP400 pump Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller Auquacomputer Auquatube Reservoir Enzotech Chipset Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
SR1 240 Rad Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC e2243Fwk AOC e2243Fwk 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC e2243Fwk Razor Blackwidow Ultimate PC Power & Cooling MKIII 1200W Silentpower Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G9x Soundblaster X-Fi Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 NVIDIA Shield 
  hide details  
Reply
Force1
(24 items)
 
Supa Troopa
(28 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon x5679 Xeon x5679 EVGA SR-2 Classified 3-Way SLi GTX Titan 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Force1 AVEXIR Green/White OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung 840 Pro Raid 0 WD Black Raid 0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Slim DVD-RW XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block XPSC Raystorm Full Copper CPU Block MIPS SR-2 Blocks 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
swiftech mcp35x2 Watercool MO-RA3 420 Core Radiator Copper Tubing Win 7 Ult x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
AOC 22" AOC 22" AOC 22" Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Dual Silverstone ST1500 Watt PSU's Custom Lanli PC-7077 with inverted SR-2 Mobo Tray Logitech G9 Integrated Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xeon x5650 EVGA x58 Classified EVGA GTX 480 EVGA GTX 480 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Gold Corsair XMS WD Caviar WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 Pioneer Bluray RW EK HF Gold CPU Block GTS Stealth 280 Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance PMP400 pump Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller Auquacomputer Auquatube Reservoir Enzotech Chipset Block 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
SR1 240 Rad Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC e2243Fwk AOC e2243Fwk 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC e2243Fwk Razor Blackwidow Ultimate PC Power & Cooling MKIII 1200W Silentpower Coolermaster Storm Trooper 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G9x Soundblaster X-Fi Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 NVIDIA Shield 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2978 of 12478
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

I could. But my pc liked it more. Especially during graphic work and video processing.

so for playing gta iv 16 is better than 8?
post #2979 of 12478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavvik View Post

Hey Skitz - I have a question for you. I saw your nice picture of the 360x120 rad mounted to the top of the case - nice mate. Did you have to do anything special to get that in? Thinking of doing push pull with 3x AeroCool 120mm Shark Fan (Red LED) pushing and 3x whatevers (havent decided yet) pulling .
I'm only doing my CPU... so I know the difference between 360 rad vs 240 rad might be negligible... but... but........ it's bigger biggrin.gif (and would let me worry less if I expand to GPU in the future)
And I really would prefer to leave the HDD bays in place..... so that leaves the top or bottom!
Edit: Though... I suppose I COULD use a 240x120 on the top with no problems, and put a 120x120 rad in place of my bottom HDD bay fan (as I'm only using one of my HDD bays)...
My only question then would be the airflow? Because I want to do push/pull on all my rads, right? With the air being push out of the case...... or can I use the 120x120 as an intake fan still?
338
Is it ok for a radiator to serve as an intake fan in push/pull? Because otherwise that would leave a gross imbalance of outtake to intake if I put that bottom rad pushing out...

If you do a push pull on top you will have to modify the handle. Which has been done by a few of us putting our heads together. I think Unimatrix documented his with a how to. You can go with a low profile fan though instead. Im not sure of the performance though.
Edited by viperwolf - 5/10/12 at 2:12pm
post #2980 of 12478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraaz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

I could. But my pc liked it more. Especially during graphic work and video processing.
so for playing gta iv 16 is better than 8?

Not sure either about what this means.
Art of Warfare
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Processor LGA 2011 ASRock X79 Extreme6/GB Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-X 3GB OC Edition Patriot Viper Xtreme 32GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ 180GB Agility 3 MicroCenter 120GB SATAIII Sandforce G3 SSD HITACHI 0F12117 Deskstar 5K3000 2TB  HITACHI 0F12117 Deskstar 5K3000 2TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD25EZRS 2.5TB SAMSUNG Model SH-B123L Blu-ray Combo BD-R/DVD-RW Corsair H70  Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm R4-EXBB-20PK-R0  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm R4-EXBB-20PK-R0  Windows 8 Pro x64 Hanns-G 24" HD LCD Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanica... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Mushkin Enhanced Joule 1000W CM Storm Trooper  Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse i-Opener Mouse Pad with Wrist Rest MousePad Gel... 
  hide details  
Reply
Art of Warfare
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Processor LGA 2011 ASRock X79 Extreme6/GB Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-X 3GB OC Edition Patriot Viper Xtreme 32GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ 180GB Agility 3 MicroCenter 120GB SATAIII Sandforce G3 SSD HITACHI 0F12117 Deskstar 5K3000 2TB  HITACHI 0F12117 Deskstar 5K3000 2TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital WD25EZRS 2.5TB SAMSUNG Model SH-B123L Blu-ray Combo BD-R/DVD-RW Corsair H70  Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm R4-EXBB-20PK-R0  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm R4-EXBB-20PK-R0  Windows 8 Pro x64 Hanns-G 24" HD LCD Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanica... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Mushkin Enhanced Joule 1000W CM Storm Trooper  Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse i-Opener Mouse Pad with Wrist Rest MousePad Gel... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club