Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club - Page 430

post #4291 of 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_182 View Post

Im going to be using the same radiator. Im thinking of mounting it vertically at the end of the GPU. If that doesn't work it'll have to be mounted at the top.
Placing a few orders now for WC parts and major components. Will post pics soon. smile.gif

I wonder how that will fit; "vertically at the end of the GPU".

Also thinking of mounting at the top, just the massive Phobya is a bit in the way. And I might have to cut a bit off the Trooper so I can add a fillport..


mad.gif no, crossfire bridge! thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif! XFX
post #4292 of 12482
So nobody has their hard drive cages turned 90 degrees? lol
Snowtrooper
(13 items)
 
The Trooper
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 SSD Samsung CD/DVD Burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VS Series VS247H-P Seasonic x750 Cooler Master Storm Trooper 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowtrooper
(13 items)
 
The Trooper
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 SSD Samsung CD/DVD Burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VS Series VS247H-P Seasonic x750 Cooler Master Storm Trooper 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4293 of 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

LOOK THIS ! CLICK THE PHOTO

The VGA card is not perfectly aligned compared to other slot covers.
The distance to point A is highter than point B, then looking the card bracket, the VGA card is slightly sloping downward.
Chassis frame defect ?
Can cause some malfunctions ?

other opinions ?
post #4294 of 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsplashy View Post

Get the Trooper instead of the stryker for even easier color schemes

kinda late. The stryker is sitting at my front door courtesy of UPS. redface.gif
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4295 of 12482
Well, I would go with the formula. Awesome board! I have one myself.
Snowtrooper
(13 items)
 
The Trooper
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 SSD Samsung CD/DVD Burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VS Series VS247H-P Seasonic x750 Cooler Master Storm Trooper 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowtrooper
(13 items)
 
The Trooper
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 SSD Samsung CD/DVD Burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VS Series VS247H-P Seasonic x750 Cooler Master Storm Trooper 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4296 of 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikem View Post

got my Trooper yesterday. Im thinking of cutting it down 8 inches and making it a mini trooper for itx.. idk yet though...

I can't wait to see your work! I'm still in love with your 42-174 build wubsmiley.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaozzzsg View Post

Here's the custom backplate to match my case and MOBO!!! It's before paint job.


That is just sick thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

working on a color scheme for the gigabyte sniper 3 or maximus V formula and the storm stryker. The black and red will be easy, but the lime green might be a tad tougher.

any thoughts


I like Asus, plus the red power button will still match after everything is done.
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4297 of 12482
Does anyone have pictures of their cable management when the HDD cages are turned 90 degrees. (Air blowing towards graphics cards) . I really can't find a good way of doing it.
Edited by Evilsplashy - Yesterday at 7:25 pm

Hi Evilsplashy,

Idon't know how many HDDs you have to deal with, but I have a 120GB SSD, 1TB SATA III Black Caviar, and an old 300 GB SATA II drive all installed in the bottom HDD cage with the Stock red LED CM fan blowing transversely (see Photos). The top HDD drive bay is empty giving a clear air-flow path for the 120 mm Enermax Vegas Trio fan towards the graphics card and CPU. I also have the Stock red 120 mm red CM LED used as an cool air intake fan mounted on the case bottom. I also replaced the stock 200 mm top exhaust fan with 2 140 mm CM case fans for more air-flow and less noise. The rear exhaust fan is a Enermax Vegas Duo 140 mm.

The Corsair PS has it's own bottom intake fan and exhaust out the back. In this fan configuration COOL air is drawn from front and bottom and WARM air is exhausted out the upper back and case top. A second 120 mm bottom intake fan could be installed if your willing to give up the tool box. So far, things run pretty cool without doing that for me.

I run a fairly conservative OC of 4.3 GHZ on my Intel Core i5 2500K processor. The CPU cooler is a CM Hyper 212 EVO with a single 120 mm stock fan. My room has AC and never gets above 76 degrees F. If I had a higher ambient temp to deal with, I might add a second fan on the CPU cooler in Push-Pull, but I have heard that it doesn't help much to do that.

To address your original request, I would say that the HDD wire management is much better done where it is out of sight and not in the way of optimum chassis air-flow. The photo shows the back-side cable management, which is better out of sight. I tried to keep it neat, but there is only so much you can do with that mess of wires. If you go for water cooling that is another whole different bucket of worms.

Good Luck With Your Build.
Cayuga

Edited by Cayuga - 8/24/12 at 3:21pm
post #4298 of 12482
Front Corsair H100


post #4299 of 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsplashy View Post

Well, I would go with the formula. Awesome board! I have one myself.

Its between those two boards for sure. My main concern is Asus customer service which I have read is less than stellar.
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4300 of 12482
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezff View Post

Its between those two boards for sure. My main concern is Asus customer service which I have read is less than stellar.
It's true they suck in customer service, but I have yet to have any issues with any Asus products. I've used their products for years.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayuga View Post

Does anyone have pictures of their cable management when the HDD cages are turned 90 degrees. (Air blowing towards graphics cards) . I really can't find a good way of doing it.
Edited by Evilsplashy - Yesterday at 7:25 pm
Hi Evilsplashy,
Idon't know how many HDDs you have to deal with, but I have a 120GB SSD, 1TB SATA III Black Caviar, and an old 300 GB SATA II drive all installed in the bottom HDD cage with the Stock red LED CM fan blowing transversely (see Photos). The top HDD drive bay is empty giving a clear air-flow path for the 120 mm Enermax Vegas Trio fan towards the graphics card and CPU. I also have the Stock red 120 mm red CM LED used as an cool air intake fan mounted on the case bottom. I also replaced the stock 200 mm top exhaust fan with 2 140 mm CM case fans for more air-flow and less noise. The rear exhaust fan is a Enermax Vegas Duo 140 mm.
The Corsair PS has it's own bottom intake fan and exhaust out the back. In this fan configuration COOL air is drawn from front and bottom and WARM air is exhausted out the upper back and case top. A second 120 mm bottom intake fan could be installed if your willing to give up the tool box. So far, things run pretty cool without doing that for me.
I run a fairly conservative OC of 4.3 GHZ on my Intel Core i5 2500K processor. The CPU cooler is a CM Hyper 212 EVO with a single 120 mm stock fan. My room has AC and never gets above 76 degrees F. If I had a higher ambient temp to deal with, I might add a second fan on the CPU cooler in Push-Pull, but I have heard that it doesn't help much to do that.
To address your original request, I would say that the HDD wire management is much better done where it is out of sight and not in the way of optimum chassis air-flow. The photo shows the back-side cable management, which is better out of sight. I tried to keep it neat, but there is only so much you can do with that mess of wires. If you go for water cooling that is another whole different bucket of worms.
Good Luck With Your Build.
Cayuga

I don't care about great intake airflow as my ambient temperature gives me good temps to begin with. The cage with your hard drives in it are turned so you have cables in the back. I want to see people's cable management in the cage was turned 90 degrees.
Edited by Evilsplashy - 8/24/12 at 3:46pm
Snowtrooper
(13 items)
 
The Trooper
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 SSD Samsung CD/DVD Burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VS Series VS247H-P Seasonic x750 Cooler Master Storm Trooper 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowtrooper
(13 items)
 
The Trooper
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Crucial M4 SSD Samsung CD/DVD Burner Corsair H80 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VS Series VS247H-P Seasonic x750 Cooler Master Storm Trooper 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club