Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club - Page 541

post #5401 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

you know, if I could weld and had all the equipment, I would build a case from scratch. Can't be that hard..rolleyes.gif
But I'm gonna rivet the frakker..just not now.. with all those great games out there

I beg to differ.

Doing every immaculate bend, cleaning the case, powdercoating it, making every perfect angle/ fit/ cut line up, its tough. I was doing stuff for industrial tractors and they had molds and ways to do every unit perfect every time. There's a reason why Cooler master and other case makers, make 400+ at a time, cause they have the tools required.

And welding a case together? 99% of cases I've seen are bolt together, or rivited. Welding it togther makes it impossible to modify the internals, and leaves heat damage on the flat metal.
Itty Bitty rig
(18 items)
 
LappyII
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Asus Maximus V GENE Nvidia GTX 760 Asus 16 GB Patriot VIPER Red 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240 GB PNY SSD 3TB Storage Drive 4TB External HDD Western Digitial XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 Corsair SP120 LED Windows 7 BenQ 27" HD LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MW3 850W HX Corsair PSU Prodigy M G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Diablo 3 SteelSeries AC97 7.1 //HDMI 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3610QM 630M 8GB DDR3 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB USB 3 extension drive DVD writer Custom made cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorAudio
15.3" HD LED BEATS audio. 
  hide details  
Reply
Itty Bitty rig
(18 items)
 
LappyII
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Asus Maximus V GENE Nvidia GTX 760 Asus 16 GB Patriot VIPER Red 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240 GB PNY SSD 3TB Storage Drive 4TB External HDD Western Digitial XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 Corsair SP120 LED Windows 7 BenQ 27" HD LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MW3 850W HX Corsair PSU Prodigy M G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Diablo 3 SteelSeries AC97 7.1 //HDMI 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3610QM 630M 8GB DDR3 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB USB 3 extension drive DVD writer Custom made cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorAudio
15.3" HD LED BEATS audio. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5402 of 12429


Can i be a Member guys?
post #5403 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoisu35 View Post


Can i be a Member guys?

The Trooper, good choice! biggrin.gif Welcome!!

btw, nice..VERY NICE hardware
Quote:
Originally Posted by js593 View Post

I beg to differ.
Doing every immaculate bend, cleaning the case, powdercoating it, making every perfect angle/ fit/ cut line up, its tough. I was doing stuff for industrial tractors and they had molds and ways to do every unit perfect every time. There's a reason why Cooler master and other case makers, make 400+ at a time, cause they have the tools required.
And welding a case together? 99% of cases I've seen are bolt together, or rivited. Welding it togther makes it impossible to modify the internals, and leaves heat damage on the flat metal.

I was joking, good sir, and a bit sarcastic.
But if I could design and build my own case, I'd probably glue it wink.gif

And now back to PS2!!

Offtopic:
Found an old case (1998-ish)

beware of the crappy quality
Edited by SortOfGrim - 11/22/12 at 7:45pm
post #5404 of 12429
Hey,

I just bought this case, and I saw on this forum that you need to mod the case to put 2 120mm fans on the top (so you get push-pull effect)

Can you put 1 120mm fan up there without too much modding? I see that the handle is too low to put a fan under that.... but is the other slot easy to add a fan?

Thanks
post #5405 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljarag View Post

Hey,
I just bought this case, and I saw on this forum that you need to mod the case to put 2 120mm fans on the top (so you get push-pull effect)
Can you put 1 120mm fan up there without too much modding? I see that the handle is too low to put a fan under that.... but is the other slot easy to add a fan?
Thanks

Yes, the most rear mount can fit a 120mm fan without modding. Under the handle you can fit a 92 or 100mm fan (like the Scythe "KAZE JYU SLIM")
post #5406 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

Yes, the most rear mount can fit a 120mm fan without modding. Under the handle you can fit a 92 or 100mm fan (like the Scythe "KAZE JYU SLIM")

Thanks for the Reply!

So under the handle, the Max size is 100mm?

It can't fit a 120mm Slim fan under the handle like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705067&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA
post #5407 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljarag View Post

Thanks for the Reply!
So under the handle, the Max size is 100mm?
It can't fit a 120mm Slim fan under the handle like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705067&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

No, max Dimensions would be 100x100x14-ish mm but that would seriously restrict airflow. The Scythe' height is only 12mm and that works well.



post #5408 of 12429
anyone interested in a CM storm styker case?
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Caselabs M8
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte Sniper 3 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 EVGA SC Signature 2 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB Low Profile Western Digital Cavier Black Samsung 830 SSD LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 64bit Seasonic Platinum 1000 Cooler Master Storm Stryker 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3770k MSI Mpower EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature EVGA Geforce GTX 680 SC Signature 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Samsung 830  LG Bluray Burner Corsair H100 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Windows 7  Seasonic Platinum 1000 Caselabs M8 Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5409 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

No, max Dimensions would be 100x100x14-ish mm but that would seriously restrict airflow. The Scythe' height is only 12mm and that works well.


Cool, Thanks for the pics!

You would think CM would have designed the case to fit 2 regular 120mm fans on top smile.gif Oh well, at least I can fit some fans up there
post #5410 of 12429
Quote:
Originally Posted by SortOfGrim View Post

I was joking, good sir, and a bit sarcastic.

beware of the crappy quality

LOL.... Kinda hard to distinguish sarcasm over the net tongue.gif lol Oh well. back to topic...

And... Sir? Good lord lol. Im a Canuck, there's no sir here lolololol
Itty Bitty rig
(18 items)
 
LappyII
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Asus Maximus V GENE Nvidia GTX 760 Asus 16 GB Patriot VIPER Red 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240 GB PNY SSD 3TB Storage Drive 4TB External HDD Western Digitial XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 Corsair SP120 LED Windows 7 BenQ 27" HD LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MW3 850W HX Corsair PSU Prodigy M G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Diablo 3 SteelSeries AC97 7.1 //HDMI 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3610QM 630M 8GB DDR3 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB USB 3 extension drive DVD writer Custom made cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorAudio
15.3" HD LED BEATS audio. 
  hide details  
Reply
Itty Bitty rig
(18 items)
 
LappyII
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K Asus Maximus V GENE Nvidia GTX 760 Asus 16 GB Patriot VIPER Red 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240 GB PNY SSD 3TB Storage Drive 4TB External HDD Western Digitial XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 Corsair SP120 LED Windows 7 BenQ 27" HD LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MW3 850W HX Corsair PSU Prodigy M G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Diablo 3 SteelSeries AC97 7.1 //HDMI 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-3610QM 630M 8GB DDR3 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB USB 3 extension drive DVD writer Custom made cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorAudio
15.3" HD LED BEATS audio. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club