Originally Posted by LeMonarque
Wow, need some help here guys The Scenario:
Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker
3x Noctua NF-F12
1x Gelid Solutions Slim 12 PLThe Goal:
Mount the H100i to the top of the case in push-pull, with 2xNoctua NF-F12 and the radiator inside the case, and 1xNoctua NF-F12 and 1xGelid Slim on the top of the case.The Problem:
1) Cooler Master, in all their infinite wisdom, decided to put a metal brace across one of the top fan mounts. The height of the brace too low for 25mm thickness fans and only allows for ~17mm thickness fans to be installed.
2) The long radiator screws that Corsair packages with the H100i do not thread all the way up to the flat top of the screw. The threads only go up about halfway, so 13-14mm. The Gelid slim fan is 15.8mm.
3) If I want to mount my fan to the radiator, the screws are too long for the slim fan, and the threads do not go high enough that I can use washers.
4) If I mount the radiator first, I can no longer install the slim fan the "regular way" (by screwing short, thick fan screws through the case to bite into the plastic of the fan shroud) because the radiator is there instead of open space...
5) If I mount the fan first, then there are rounded screw heads sticking out from the underside of the top of the case, which offsets the radiator and puts uneven pressure on it. I also will not be able to screw the radiator on that side, because the holes for the screws are now taken up by the fan's screws.The Plea for Halp:
HALP! How can I possibly mount this slim fan and the H100i?
Obviously, different length screws would do the trick, but I have no idea what the nomenclature of radiator screws are or what length I need (more than 15.8mm because it has to screw through the case metal width and into the radiator a bit, but what length is that and does it even exist?) and I haven't been able to find even the nomenclature for "regular" 25mm fan-width radiator screws!
I could cut the damned metal handle off, but that's an absolute last resort and..makes me feel bad about buying the slim fan...
I'm really at a loss here about what to do... Can anybody help me?