Ladies.........And or Gentlemen.
Small summer update to my girl. Nova Stryker.
First off , did a little cable management.
I'm still waiting on some cable management goodies I ordered from China so it'll look better than it does below.
Replaced the front bay XSPC reservoir with a Monsoon series 2 ordered from FrozenCPU.
Purchased Bitspower Angled fittings & Longer Darkside extensions courtesy of Dazmode (Audio and USB extensions are Bitfenix Alchemy extensions.)
Here she is sittin' pretty on the corner of my desk.
Upcoming stuff I may/may not change that bothers me with this build:
- The stupid looking crossfire bridge. I've simmered over it for quite a bit and I've come up with something. I'll try to make it solid and fancier. Sort of like the premium SLI bridges EVGA has just released recently.
- A proper power supply cover.
- Anti-kink coils in white (What do you guys think - Would it make it too flashy?)
- Swapping out the CPU waterblock. Don't know what it is about this block. Performance is way off. It's not bad , but its not up to my standards. This may be due to being a sponsor sample.
- Watercooling the 7870s. But this is a BIG MAYBE
the only blocks that are readily available are the EK black CSQ. And i'm not keen on them at all. I believe it would derive from the overall aesthetics of my build and for anyone who knows me personally , knows how critical I am with my systems. They gotta look and perform amazingly. On top of this I would have to squeeze in another dual radiator D5/reservoir and matching BP white fittings. Basically another 400-500$ give or take.
- Larger capacity drives and SSDs. (But that isn't on my list for immediate purchases.)
- And finally , most likely I will replace the power supply with a platinum rated unit.
I've RMA'd two of these 1000 watt Silent Pro Ms. And the one in use in my system right now has started making teeth cringing buzzing noises. Nothing that worries me right now , but that's a sign!
Anyway , that's all I've got for now!