Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club - Page 945

post #9441 of 12497
I am trying to decide how to hook up my corsair link unit in my case. I was wondering if anyone else has? I was thinking of hiding all the bits for it under were the secret compartment is.
post #9442 of 12497
I've made my PSU cover! Acrylic is a little hard to get here so I've improvised a bit and made it out from a PP (Polypropylene) board.


They are like $3. biggrin.gif


Measurements & trimming.

|
Without PSU cover... Disgusting mess...


TADA!!!! It works!! Snug fit!



Also, as I have remove my upper HDD cage in order to be able to fit my reservoir, I can no longer accommodate the 120mm fan, I've mod the side plate of the HDD cage so it can accommodate my 120mm fan. It's more of an aesthetics purpose rather than airflow.


Drill 4 holes & tie it with zip ties...


Not bad I guess?
post #9443 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveDigger7878 View Post

I am trying to decide how to hook up my corsair link unit in my case. I was wondering if anyone else has? I was thinking of hiding all the bits for it under were the secret compartment is.


What do you mean Corsair LInk "UNIT" the usb wire that gost from the pump housing to the mother board? I Wish they would have supplied power to the fans through the usb cord instead of using the extra three wires.
post #9444 of 12497
The top fan is the worst junk ever. On low rpm it has a small grinding noise that annoys the hell out of me. On full rpm it sounds like a jet engine with bad vibrations. I'm keeping it at 5v for now and that's it. Still grinding so I might replace it with a 200mm Noctua .. Oh darn, no such thing frown.gif
post #9445 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by MevolutionX View Post

I've made my PSU cover! Acrylic is a little hard to get here so I've improvised a bit and made it out from a PP (Polypropylene) board.


They are like $3. biggrin.gif


Measurements & trimming.

|
Without PSU cover... Disgusting mess...


TADA!!!! It works!! Snug fit!



Also, as I have remove my upper HDD cage in order to be able to fit my reservoir, I can no longer accommodate the 120mm fan, I've mod the side plate of the HDD cage so it can accommodate my 120mm fan. It's more of an aesthetics purpose rather than airflow.


Drill 4 holes & tie it with zip ties...


Not bad I guess?


You need to rethink those side fans on the cages. There is not enough air flow I've burnt out a fan already.
post #9446 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDK View Post

The top fan is the worst junk ever. On low rpm it has a small grinding noise that annoys the hell out of me. On full rpm it sounds like a jet engine with bad vibrations. I'm keeping it at 5v for now and that's it. Still grinding so I might replace it with a 200mm Noctua .. Oh darn, no such thing frown.gif

Yes, yes it is a total piece of junk. Most giant fans are.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9447 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Yes, yes it is a total piece of junk. Most giant fans are.
Will replace it with 2x Noctuas smile.gif Already placed my order as I hate noise hehe
post #9448 of 12497
Hi guys will a 157x124x30mm radiator fit in the rear of the case?
http://www.xtremecooling-pc.com/shop/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-120mm/

This radiator will be used to cool my GPU.
post #9449 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by MevolutionX View Post

Hi guys will a 157x124x30mm radiator fit in the rear of the case?
http://www.xtremecooling-pc.com/shop/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-120mm/

This radiator will be used to cool my GPU.

That's 30mm. Almost same size as those Closed AIO 120mm liquid coolers. Yeah, it'll fit then.
post #9450 of 12497
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapmeth View Post

That's 30mm. Almost same size as those Closed AIO 120mm liquid coolers. Yeah, it'll fit then.

How about the height? Im afraid the PCI slots are in the way... Its 157mm... Anyone had 120mm rads with similar height?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club