Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread - Page 184

post #1831 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdub View Post

yea i mean i feel i guess if im gonna spend over 1k on a build might as well make sure im getting optimal performance from the fans. I'll hit up phanteks on monday and then if they politely tell me to **** off ill just end up replacing the stock ones with w/e ones i buy for the case as well
Reason some of use are using TY-147 fans is that before Phanteks had PWM fans for 14PE we wanted PWM... and TY-147 were a little better than PH-F140TS.

Reason for using TY-143 is it's a 2500rpm 130cfm fan that when ran below 1300rpm is as quiet as any good fan is, but when we want more cooling...
post #1832 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Reason some of use are using TY-147 fans is that before Phanteks had PWM fans for 14PE we wanted PWM... and TY-147 were a little better than PH-F140TS.

Reason for using TY-143 is it's a 2500rpm 130cfm fan that when ran below 1300rpm is as quiet as any good fan is, but when we want more cooling...

finish your thought biggrin.gif
Edited by cmdub - 4/12/14 at 3:49pm
post #1833 of 2766
Maximum cooling is noisy. How loud do you want it to be? biggrin.gif
post #1834 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Maximum cooling is noisy. How loud do you want it to be? biggrin.gif
haha o no i thought u were leaning towards something else. i actually want it to be somewhat quiet which is why i wanna use all pwm fans as opposed to having them run at 100% all the time when its not needed
post #1835 of 2766
My sig rig is PWM. General fans run 700rpm in mid 20s, medium load is 800rpm in the 30s and 100% is 950-1050rpm in the 40s. CPU never goes above 50c. Bottom intake is now controlled by GPU PWM signal.

You might find this interesting.
TY-140 TY-143 FN053 rpm on same % PWM signal
. rpm . . rpm . . rpm
. 635 . . 609 . . 660
. 692 . . 711 . . 771
. 806 . . 792 . . 780
. 900 . . 990 . . 863
. 998 . 1269 . 1004
1100 . 1650 . 1208
1203 . 2000 . 1542
1300 . 2491 . 1744
post #1836 of 2766
hey how did you hook up the pwm from gpu..i still want to hook up my mod fan to the gpu
post #1837 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PREDATOR View Post

hey how did you hook up the pwm from gpu..i still want to hook up my mod fan to the gpu
First link in sig.
post #1838 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

My sig rig is PWM. General fans run 700rpm in mid 20s, medium load is 800rpm in the 30s and 100% is 950-1050rpm in the 40s. CPU never goes above 50c. Bottom intake is now controlled by GPU PWM signal.

You might find this interesting.
TY-140 TY-143 FN053 rpm on same % PWM signal
. rpm . . rpm . . rpm
. 635 . . 609 . . 660
. 692 . . 711 . . 771
. 806 . . 792 . . 780
. 900 . . 990 . . 863
. 998 . 1269 . 1004
1100 . 1650 . 1208
1203 . 2000 . 1542
1300 . 2491 . 1744

yea i noticed that the 143 has a much higher RPM so I'd imagine it would make more sense to use 2 of those on the heatsinks and just use 140/147's around the case as I'm assuming there wouldn't be much point in using 2000+ rpm case fans as it could get quite loud and it wouldn't be too much of a difference
post #1839 of 2766
Really don't need to. All can be TY-147 fans with no problems. I use TY-143 for CPU cooler AND the exhaust vent behind cooler to remove the cooler exhaust at the same rate it flows through cooler. wink.gif
post #1840 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Really don't need to. All can be TY-147 fans with no problems. I use TY-143 for CPU cooler AND the exhaust vent behind cooler to remove the cooler exhaust at the same rate it flows through cooler. wink.gif

that actually makes a lot of sense using the same type of fans for the cooler as the exhaust behind the cooler so it moves in and out in sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread