Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread - Page 62

post #611 of 2786
TC14PE is about 2-5c better than Kuhler 620 depending on what review you look at.
post #612 of 2786
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

TC14PE is about 2-5c better than Kuhler 620 depending on what review you look at.

That's what I hear...I'm just waiting for Friday to see if I get a Christmas bonus and I'll order the black one. Newegg has it for $89.99 and I also want to get some TIM. I read some positive reviews on the pk-1 thermal paste although someone said that pk-3 is better.
post #613 of 2786
thumb.gif
Let us know how it goes. Very interested in finding out how close to reality our guesses are. biggrin.gif
post #614 of 2786
Ok sure will! One question though...I currently have 2 140mm top exhaust fans on a fractal arc midi. What would be the best orientation of these fans? Should they be as exhaust or should I have them as intake with this cooler?

Case Fan Set Up:

2x140mm front intake fans
2x120mm+Radiator(620 kuller) rear INTAKE
2x140mm top exhaust fans
post #615 of 2786
I have never understood pulling air into a case through a radiator when we spend so much time trying to keep case and components in the case cool. confused.gif

I understand why CLC sellers testing using radiator as an intake.. gives them cooler cpu scores. But they don't mention the temp inside of case was 5-10+c higher than ambient.

But I digress

I would move one of your top fans to bottom intake and other to side intake if it is over our GPU and run 620 exhausting out of case. Run the intakes at low or medium speed. Bottom & front intakes will naturally flow air up & back to leave case naturally. Side intake brings nice cool air to GPU.

My R2 only has 2 front and 1 bottom intakes.. no exhaust fans.. with only the top back vent sound panel removed. 4 unused PCI slots are open. Top front & side vents have sound panels in place. Air flowing out of case is only 1-3c warmer than ambient... and my GPU is (was) Gigabyte HD5770 Silent Cell.. passive cooler dumping all it's heat inside of case.

This configuration will make air in case slightly higher pressure than room so with filters on intake fans you case will be almost dust free.

Just my way. Not the only way. wink.gif
post #616 of 2786
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

I have never understood pulling air into a case through a radiator when we spend so much time trying to keep case and components in the case cool. confused.gif
I understand why CLC sellers testing using radiator as an intake.. gives them cooler cpu scores. But they don't mention the temp inside of case was 5-10+c higher than ambient.
But I digress
I would move one of your top fans to bottom intake and other to side intake if it is over our GPU and run 620 exhausting out of case. Run the intakes at low or medium speed. Bottom & front intakes will naturally flow air up & back to leave case naturally. Side intake brings nice cool air to GPU.
My R2 only has 2 front and 1 bottom intakes.. no exhaust fans.. with only the top back vent sound panel removed. 4 unused PCI slots are open. Top front & side vents have sound panels in place. Air flowing out of case is only 1-3c warmer than ambient... and my GPU is (was) Gigabyte HD5770 Silent Cell.. passive cooler dumping all it's heat inside of case.
This configuration will make air in case slightly higher pressure than room so with filters on intake fans you case will be almost dust free.
Just my way. Not the only way. wink.gif

Thanks for your Input! thumb.gif

Actually .... I was asking if I was to get the Phanteks heatsink installed, which would be the best option for my 2 140mm top fans...exhaust or intake or remove them all togetther....Thanks!
Edited by Airrick10 - 11/29/12 at 12:26pm
post #617 of 2786
Well...I pulled the trigger on the black PH-TC14PE!
post #618 of 2786
Black is beautiful! thumb.gif

As for your top fans.
I run 2x 140 front and 1 bottom intake and no exhaust fans. I cut out the grille in the back vent and make a simple duct between cooler and back. Sides and top made out of an old file folder and rattle-can black. wink.gif The fans set low enough on my RAM to move air under cooler and cool mobo heatsinks. I/O plate is out for better air escape too. No top or back fans. In fact I tried both with and without top vents open and closed (Define R2 has sound panels for top) with no difference in temps so the are installed now.


It's all out of case at the moment. If you want more pics info let me know.
post #619 of 2786
Thread Starter 
looks good to me doyll
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #620 of 2786
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airrick10 View Post

Well...I pulled the trigger on the black PH-TC14PE!
When you get it installed post a pic and Ill add you to the members list
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread