Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread - Page 74

post #731 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Or PM Phanteks rep here on forum
http://www.overclock.net/t/1351583/phanteks-ph-tc12dx/20#post_19101413

Yes. I assume the packaging was not damaged so it somehow got through quality control and boxed bent like it is. As such Newegg should replace it at no cost to you and they then deal with Phanteks.
Yep no damage to packaging. Sent Phantkeks rep a message biggrin.gif

Do you think this can cause the fans to not spin after a long cold boot?
post #732 of 2766
Sorry, no. I don't think the fan issue has anything to do with your tweaked cooler.
post #733 of 2766
I agree with Doyll. Just because the Rads/heatpipes are bent shouldn't affect the fans spinning.
Not sure what you mean by "long cold boot" but you could check the PWM adapter if you are using it. Maybe bypass it to test.
If your fan speeds work off a profile, you could check that as well.

Either way, I would return the unit to get a straight one. You will get a new PWM adapter as well.

Nothing worse than to have a nice setup to look down and see a wacked up fan.
Even if no one noticed it but me, I think I would have nightmares about it until it got replaced.
Big-Ben
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K SABERTOOTH X79 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill RigJaws Z Series F3-14900CL9Q2-32GBZL OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-256G OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-240G OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-240G 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 LG BH14NS40 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD WIN 7 64 Ultimate/Pro ASUS VG278HE ASUS PB278Q 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2835WM Samsung 40' 3D TV UN40D6420UF SeaSonic Platinum - 860W Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Big-Ben
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3930K SABERTOOTH X79 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill RigJaws Z Series F3-14900CL9Q2-32GBZL OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-256G OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-240G OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-240G 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 LG BH14NS40 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD WIN 7 64 Ultimate/Pro ASUS VG278HE ASUS PB278Q 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2835WM Samsung 40' 3D TV UN40D6420UF SeaSonic Platinum - 860W Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #734 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryBGB View Post

I agree with Doyll. Just because the Rads/heatpipes are bent shouldn't affect the fans spinning.
Not sure what you mean by "long cold boot" but you could check the PWM adapter if you are using it. Maybe bypass it to test.
If your fan speeds work off a profile, you could check that as well.

Either way, I would return the unit to get a straight one. You will get a new PWM adapter as well.

Nothing worse than to have a nice setup to look down and see a wacked up fan.
Even if no one noticed it but me, I think I would have nightmares about it until it got replaced.
I know right. Good thing I asked. It bothered me to death but wasn't sure if I could RMA it.
post #735 of 2766
Hi!

This is my set up:

Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E case
ASUS Maximus V Gene (mATX) motherboard
I7-3770K CPU
4x 8GB G.SKILL RipJaw X DDR3-1866 (Blue): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231616
ATI HD 5770 for now (swapping for NVidia soon)
Seasonic X-850 PSU

I want to run PH-TC14PE but I want to know if I'll have any issues with memory module clearance and also more importantly, PCIe - 1st GFX card clearance?

Anyone here with the Maximus V Gene board? Let me know.


Thanks so much!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Gene ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB G.Skill RipJaws X 4x8GB DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ RevoDrive 120GB 2x Monster Daytona 120GB (RAID1 Array) WD Black Edition 1.5TB CoolMaster Hyper 212 EVO with Cougar Vortex PWM... 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
OSX Mountain Lion Windows 8 Pro with MCE Dual Samsung SyncMaster 22" 2253BW Logitech K750 Solar Wireless 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-850 SilverStone Temjin TJ08-E mATX Logitech M705 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Gene ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB G.Skill RipJaws X 4x8GB DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ RevoDrive 120GB 2x Monster Daytona 120GB (RAID1 Array) WD Black Edition 1.5TB CoolMaster Hyper 212 EVO with Cougar Vortex PWM... 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
OSX Mountain Lion Windows 8 Pro with MCE Dual Samsung SyncMaster 22" 2253BW Logitech K750 Solar Wireless 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-850 SilverStone Temjin TJ08-E mATX Logitech M705 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #736 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by taney View Post

Hi!

This is my set up:

Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E case
ASUS Maximus V Gene (mATX) motherboard
I7-3770K CPU
4x 8GB G.SKILL RipJaw X DDR3-1866 (Blue): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231616
ATI HD 5770 for now (swapping for NVidia soon)
Seasonic X-850 PSU

I want to run PH-TC14PE but I want to know if I'll have any issues with memory module clearance and also more importantly, PCIe - 1st GFX card clearance?

Anyone here with the Maximus V Gene board? Let me know.


Thanks so much!
Memory clearance should be fine and besides you can move the fan clips to get more clearance.
post #737 of 2766
Hey guys,
I'm seriously considering buying one of these to replace my CM hyper 212 EVO that has two cougar vortex 120mm's.

But first I want to pose a few questions to this club.

First: On my current setup I was able to hit 4ghz with very cold ambient temps. Anything above that and I was cooking (65C+) So, will a phanteks be enough of a difference to make it worth my time and money? What kind of temp difference could I possibly expect? Should I stick with the Hyper?

Second: I have a sabertooth 990fx and 2x4GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM with massive heatsinks sitting in slots 2 and 4 (respective to the CPU socket). I want to keep the heatsinks; so I was wondering if I would be able to mount the fans this way: one fan in the middle of the cooling towers and one on the back towards the exhaust fan of the case. If this were possible would it effect the cooling power of the heat sink? (vs being on the front)

Finally: There is a lot of talk about these fans and their PWM capability. I see that they are shipping with the PWM adapters now. Do those really work? I plan on using the Y-splitter and the PWM adapter to plug it into just one 4-pin on my board. Possible? Recommended? Any other concerns/suggestions for that set-up?

Thanks a ton.
DEFCON-3
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 (4.8GHz) Sabertooth 990FX (R1.01/BIOS1604) ASUS GTX 780Ti 2x8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT-X (2140MHz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Kingston HyperX 3K 128GB Kingston SSDnow 128GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar BLACK 500GB ASUS Blu-ray ASUS LightScribe SILVER ARROW SB-E 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 PRO 64-bit 3x ASUS VN248H (24" 1080p AH-IPS) Logitech G710+ Seasonic G-750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM STORM:Trooper (DEFCON-3 MOD) Logitech MX Master Corsair MM600 CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z 
AudioOther
Audio Technica ATH-m50xbl Chill Factor III 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon X4 880k ASRock A88M-G/3.1 ASUS GTX 660ti HyperX Fury 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 750GB LG Blu-ray Windows 10 P502ui-b1 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech k400r Rosewill Hive 550W ROSEWILL SRM-01 Vizio S4251W-b4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 550 MSI 770-C45 Sparkle GT 220 4GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital 500GB Caviar Black Seagate Baracuda 1TB ASUS blu-ray Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Proffesional  Acer 24"  Logitech Wave OCZ modXtreme Pro 600W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 blue Logitech LX8 
  hide details  
Reply
DEFCON-3
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 (4.8GHz) Sabertooth 990FX (R1.01/BIOS1604) ASUS GTX 780Ti 2x8GB G.SKILL TRIDENT-X (2140MHz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Kingston HyperX 3K 128GB Kingston SSDnow 128GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar BLACK 500GB ASUS Blu-ray ASUS LightScribe SILVER ARROW SB-E 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 PRO 64-bit 3x ASUS VN248H (24" 1080p AH-IPS) Logitech G710+ Seasonic G-750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM STORM:Trooper (DEFCON-3 MOD) Logitech MX Master Corsair MM600 CREATIVE Sound Blaster Z 
AudioOther
Audio Technica ATH-m50xbl Chill Factor III 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon X4 880k ASRock A88M-G/3.1 ASUS GTX 660ti HyperX Fury 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 750GB LG Blu-ray Windows 10 P502ui-b1 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech k400r Rosewill Hive 550W ROSEWILL SRM-01 Vizio S4251W-b4 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X2 550 MSI 770-C45 Sparkle GT 220 4GB Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital 500GB Caviar Black Seagate Baracuda 1TB ASUS blu-ray Stock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Proffesional  Acer 24"  Logitech Wave OCZ modXtreme Pro 600W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Centurion 5 blue Logitech LX8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #738 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSrig View Post

Memory clearance should be fine and besides you can move the fan clips to get more clearance.

Thanks for the heads up! Any idea in regards to the PCIe slot closest to the CPU?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Gene ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB G.Skill RipJaws X 4x8GB DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ RevoDrive 120GB 2x Monster Daytona 120GB (RAID1 Array) WD Black Edition 1.5TB CoolMaster Hyper 212 EVO with Cougar Vortex PWM... 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
OSX Mountain Lion Windows 8 Pro with MCE Dual Samsung SyncMaster 22" 2253BW Logitech K750 Solar Wireless 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-850 SilverStone Temjin TJ08-E mATX Logitech M705 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K ASUS Maximus V Gene ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB G.Skill RipJaws X 4x8GB DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ RevoDrive 120GB 2x Monster Daytona 120GB (RAID1 Array) WD Black Edition 1.5TB CoolMaster Hyper 212 EVO with Cougar Vortex PWM... 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
OSX Mountain Lion Windows 8 Pro with MCE Dual Samsung SyncMaster 22" 2253BW Logitech K750 Solar Wireless 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-850 SilverStone Temjin TJ08-E mATX Logitech M705 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #739 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by taney View Post

Thanks for the heads up! Any idea in regards to the PCIe slot closest to the CPU?
Edit: not sure bout this to be honest.

2nd Edit: I highly doubt it will fit on PCIe closes to the CPU. http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2257534 If you scroll down, you'll see a pic with what looks like a asus v gene (on the user's sig also), noctua cpu cooler, and 2 evga cards. It barely fits and phanteks has bigger heatsinks.
Edited by JSrig - 1/23/13 at 10:19am
post #740 of 2766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

Hey guys,
I'm seriously considering buying one of these to replace my CM hyper 212 EVO that has two cougar vortex 120mm's.

But first I want to pose a few questions to this club.

First: On my current setup I was able to hit 4ghz with very cold ambient temps. Anything above that and I was cooking (65C+) So, will a phanteks be enough of a difference to make it worth my time and money? What kind of temp difference could I possibly expect? Should I stick with the Hyper?

Second: I have a sabertooth 990fx and 2x4GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM with massive heatsinks sitting in slots 2 and 4 (respective to the CPU socket). I want to keep the heatsinks; so I was wondering if I would be able to mount the fans this way: one fan in the middle of the cooling towers and one on the back towards the exhaust fan of the case. If this were possible would it effect the cooling power of the heat sink? (vs being on the front)

Finally: There is a lot of talk about these fans and their PWM capability. I see that they are shipping with the PWM adapters now. Do those really work? I plan on using the Y-splitter and the PWM adapter to plug it into just one 4-pin on my board. Possible? Recommended? Any other concerns/suggestions for that set-up?

Thanks a ton.
TC14PE has massive heatsinks. The second slot will probably be under the 2nd tower and with the corsair vengeance's high heat spreaders it won't fit. You can get the low profile versions of corsair vengeance or g skill ripjaws x/sniper, those will fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Official] Phanteks PH-TC14PE News, Discussion and Owners thread