Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread. - Page 287

post #2861 of 17105
Oh just had great game with crystal amiden, had a tranquil boots, shadow blade ( greeeeat thing to use ult with), aghanims scepter, euls scepter and..... last thing to get mad with is battle fury biggrin.gif lol
post #2862 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

dota 2 is so fun to play but this game stresses me out a lot esp when you get bad team mates rolleyes.gif

You need to sort out your mentality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsan View Post

This is why i play mostly for fun (Never play hard to win unless your teammates are good) I have been playing dota since 2007 and wont stop any time soon biggrin.gif

Personally I think you've got it wrong too (or at least sound like it), I always play to win and play to my best ability. But if things go wrong when it isn't my fault I know there was nothing I could have done and don't blame myself. And when things go wrong and it is my fault, then I spend my time thinking up strats about how to learn from my mistakes, instead of blaming myself. One of the best things about dota 2 is that others can't see your number of lost games, so if you lose it really doesn't matter at all. This is a great idea, because Dota is such a team-oriented game and it doesn't make sense for anyone to have bad stats due to losses that were based on the mistakes of strangers in their team. Makes for very relaxed gaming, where you aren't anal about your score because it doesn't matter smile.gif

Makes the game immense fun, whether you win or lose or get flamed or whatever, you still know that you did your best, that you are improving, and you have an action plan about what you are going to do next time you get in such situations!
The Ghost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k MSI P67a GD53 GTX 680 Corsair LP 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III Crucial M4 256GB Gelid Tranquilo rev 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit BenQ XL2411T CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown w/ stock blac... XFX Core edition 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Zowie AM, Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD/QCK Sennheiser PC360 w/ Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
The Ghost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k MSI P67a GD53 GTX 680 Corsair LP 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III Crucial M4 256GB Gelid Tranquilo rev 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit BenQ XL2411T CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown w/ stock blac... XFX Core edition 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Zowie AM, Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD/QCK Sennheiser PC360 w/ Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2863 of 17105
When I was playing Dota 1 competitively it started to get slightly stressful and some of the fun was taken out of it. It is easy to get wrapped up in the game and get upset when things go downhill, but you've got to try to keep perspective. It's a video game and they are supposed to be fun and an enjoyable experience. Easier said than done if you are dealing with 4 other people.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2864 of 17105
This may have already been discussed but I am curious as to how the matchmaking system or ELO in Dota 2 is done. I am nothing special but I have 600+ wins, I know at least the core mechanics of every hero and of the game and I never "throw" the game for the team, But for some reason I get team mates who have less than 100 wins and have no real clue what they are doing.

Like I said I am nothing special and do not claim to be good at all. I am just curious why I am being matched with people who clearly aren't playing at the same skill level.
Little Man
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750K ASrock Z77 XFX 7770 RipjawsX 8GB  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Crucial 128GB SSD  Asus vg248qe XFX 750 Fractal Core 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder Qck Soft AudioTechnica ATH-A700x Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Man
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750K ASrock Z77 XFX 7770 RipjawsX 8GB  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Crucial 128GB SSD  Asus vg248qe XFX 750 Fractal Core 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder Qck Soft AudioTechnica ATH-A700x Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2865 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoliDD View Post

This may have already been discussed but I am curious as to how the matchmaking system or ELO in Dota 2 is done. I am nothing special but I have 600+ wins, I know at least the core mechanics of every hero and of the game and I never "throw" the game for the team, But for some reason I get team mates who have less than 100 wins and have no real clue what they are doing.
Like I said I am nothing special and do not claim to be good at all. I am just curious why I am being matched with people who clearly aren't playing at the same skill level.

I don't think there is a full explanation of it out there but I've experienced the same thing. Chances are the enemy team had a player around the same skill level as you, as well as others who are below that level. In other words they probably had a player with ~600 wins and at least another with ~100.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2866 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

I don't think there is a full explanation of it out there but I've experienced the same thing. Chances are the enemy team had a player around the same skill level as you, as well as others who are below that level. In other words they probably had a player with ~600 wins and at least another with ~100.

matchmaking is retarded sometimes period. I have 500+ wins btw. sometimes when someone is sucking really bad I check their dota stats. my team had like three 600-800 win accounts while the other one that sucked had 5 wins. yess five. how can you explain that? if you check the other team they are balanced. matchmaking effs up sometimes. happened to me more than a few times
post #2867 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoliDD View Post

This may have already been discussed but I am curious as to how the matchmaking system or ELO in Dota 2 is done. I am nothing special but I have 600+ wins, I know at least the core mechanics of every hero and of the game and I never "throw" the game for the team, But for some reason I get team mates who have less than 100 wins and have no real clue what they are doing.
Like I said I am nothing special and do not claim to be good at all. I am just curious why I am being matched with people who clearly aren't playing at the same skill level.

In my opinion, you get matched with people in the same "bracket" (normal-high-very high) Even if you have 600+ wins, however you lost 650+ games, you'd still end up in the "normal" bracket with other players who have the same w/l ratio.
Erin
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 5 Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3 Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Crucial M4 64 GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23-inch Steelseries 6Gv2 Corsair TXv2 750W Cooler Master 690 II 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Erin
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 5 Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3 Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Crucial M4 64 GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23-inch Steelseries 6Gv2 Corsair TXv2 750W Cooler Master 690 II 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2868 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

matchmaking is retarded sometimes period. I have 500+ wins btw. sometimes when someone is sucking really bad I check their dota stats. my team had like three 600-800 win accounts while the other one that sucked had 5 wins. yess five. how can you explain that? if you check the other team they are balanced. matchmaking effs up sometimes. happened to me more than a few times

Yeah that is pretty dumb, definitely happens once in a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOddOne View Post

In my opinion, you get matched with people in the same "bracket" (normal-high-very high) Even if you have 600+ wins, however you lost 650+ games, you'd still end up in the "normal" bracket with other players who have the same w/l ratio.

Could be. Seems to be the only logical thing that I can think of.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2869 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Yeah that is pretty dumb, definitely happens once in a while.
Could be. Seems to be the only logical thing that I can think of.

Definitely happens less the higher the MMR/ELO rating goes, but at the same time it's hard to get it up when your bad teammates screw you over half the time. I think 2 or 3man stack (4 or more matches you against 5stack tryhards, and I've noticed a very high pickup of solo queu BR/RU players in USW/EU servers) and picking "OP" heroes, or heroes you're good at = much higher winrate/mmr.

If you're REALLY dedicated you can look up the stats of everyone on both teams while game is loading, see if it's evenly matched, and then decide to stay or go based on how balanced the teams are. And if you're concerned about your w/l then don't play with lower mmr friends. You'll drag them up to your MMR level and the game might not go so well.

(coming from someone who complained numerous times about how stupid matchmaking is, and went from 39 games over .500 down to 17, and slowly back up to +37)
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2870 of 17105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

Definitely happens less the higher the MMR/ELO rating goes, but at the same time it's hard to get it up when your bad teammates screw you over half the time. I think 2 or 3man stack (4 or more matches you against 5stack tryhards, and I've noticed a very high pickup of solo queu BR/RU players in USW/EU servers) and picking "OP" heroes, or heroes you're good at = much higher winrate/mmr.
If you're REALLY dedicated you can look up the stats of everyone on both teams while game is loading, see if it's evenly matched, and then decide to stay or go based on how balanced the teams are. And if you're concerned about your w/l then don't play with lower mmr friends. You'll drag them up to your MMR level and the game might not go so well.
(coming from someone who complained numerous times about how stupid matchmaking is, and went from 39 games over .500 down to 17, and slowly back up to +37)

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. Especially the difficulty in getting your mmr up when your friends or pub allies are bad. When the game is loading a lot of times I will quickly check to see how many wins each player has mostly because it gives me something to do when waiting for others to load. I don't bother going to dotabuff to do that though.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.