Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread. - Page 325

post #3241 of 17107
Could be some problem with SLI? I experience no issues with neither alt-tabbing or lagging during any lobbies/heroscreens etc...Try borderless window video option if you haven't yet done so.
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3242 of 17107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

I don't use the cash shop.. and yes that does load information from some big server or something but the hero information loads slow, the lobby looks choppy (my fps is 20?) and half the time I can't alt+tab out of the window while in matchmatching waiting... i have to press cntrl+alt+del to go to task manager. I gave up on HoN the community sucks, but this game has been in beta forever and the main client still sucks imo.

Get a better PC, upgrade software, upgrade broadband, do something because it works perfect on mine. If your argument is "the client sucks" then put simply just stop whining and sort out your own problems.

But if your argument is "the client should be optimized for lower end hardware" then fair enough, but that isn't exactly a massive priority for Valve at the moment, amd understandably so. I do however think Valve should cache the learning hero stuff but you need to understand that it is NOT a finished game. The tutorials, help for new people, challenges, none of that stuff is done and the game is in beta so there is no reason for complaint. The main parts of the game are perfect, which is what matters to Valve at this point in time.
The Ghost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k MSI P67a GD53 GTX 680 Corsair LP 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III Crucial M4 256GB Gelid Tranquilo rev 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit BenQ XL2411T CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown w/ stock blac... XFX Core edition 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Zowie AM, Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD/QCK Sennheiser PC360 w/ Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
The Ghost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k MSI P67a GD53 GTX 680 Corsair LP 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III Crucial M4 256GB Gelid Tranquilo rev 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit BenQ XL2411T CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown w/ stock blac... XFX Core edition 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Zowie AM, Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD/QCK Sennheiser PC360 w/ Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3243 of 17107
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzatm View Post

Get a better PC, upgrade software, upgrade broadband, do something because it works perfect on mine. If your argument is "the client sucks" then put simply just stop whining and sort out your own problems.

But if your argument is "the client should be optimized for lower end hardware" then fair enough, but that isn't exactly a massive priority for Valve at the moment, amd understandably so. I do however think Valve should cache the learning hero stuff but you need to understand that it is NOT a finished game. The tutorials, help for new people, challenges, none of that stuff is done and the game is in beta so there is no reason for complaint. The main parts of the game are perfect, which is what matters to Valve at this point in time.

Are you stupid? I have a i7 950 @ 4.2ghz and sli video cards along with the game installed on a ssd.My pc is fine to play this game and every other game I own perfectly fine. You must be some dota fanboy, if you read what I was writing I enjoy the game but there seems to be way to many bugs, nearly everytime I start a game one or my few friends has to restart the client becasue they get a bug when buying items that makes them unable to click anything else to buy. The client runs at low fps inside the lobby. Maybe its my install I'm going to try reinstall but don't tell me my pc needs to be upgraded to play a valve game..

and to the person who suggested turning off sli it seems to have worked so far for the choppy lobby stuff, thanks for suggesting that instead of telling me my computer is "lower end"
Edited by JAM3S121 - 1/15/13 at 2:22pm
post #3244 of 17107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

Are you stupid? I have a i7 950 @ 4.2ghz and sli video cards along with the game installed on a ssd.My pc is fine to play this game and every other game I own perfectly fine. You must be some dota fanboy, if you read what I was writing I enjoy the game but there seems to be way to many bugs, nearly everytime I start a game one or my few friends has to restart the client becasue they get a bug when buying items that makes them unable to click anything else to buy. The client runs at low fps inside the lobby. Maybe its my install I'm going to try reinstall but don't tell me my pc needs to be upgraded to play a valve game..

and to the person who suggested turning off sli it seems to have worked so far for the choppy lobby stuff, thanks for suggesting that instead of telling me my computer is "lower end"

I've never had any of these problems. I had SLI 580's before my sig rig and no problems there either.
Little Man
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750K ASrock Z77 XFX 7770 RipjawsX 8GB  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Crucial 128GB SSD  Asus vg248qe XFX 750 Fractal Core 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder Qck Soft AudioTechnica ATH-A700x Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Man
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750K ASrock Z77 XFX 7770 RipjawsX 8GB  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Crucial 128GB SSD  Asus vg248qe XFX 750 Fractal Core 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder Qck Soft AudioTechnica ATH-A700x Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3245 of 17107
welll the tab out error still occurs, im going to reinstall it tonight.
post #3246 of 17107
The issue with the choppy lobby seems like your GPU(s) aren't getting enough load to go into 3d clocks. After the reinstall Right click dota2 from your library properties>library>verify data cache
Little Man
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750K ASrock Z77 XFX 7770 RipjawsX 8GB  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Crucial 128GB SSD  Asus vg248qe XFX 750 Fractal Core 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder Qck Soft AudioTechnica ATH-A700x Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Man
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750K ASrock Z77 XFX 7770 RipjawsX 8GB  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Crucial 128GB SSD  Asus vg248qe XFX 750 Fractal Core 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
DeathAdder Qck Soft AudioTechnica ATH-A700x Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3247 of 17107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

welll the tab out error still occurs, im going to reinstall it tonight.

I have the same issue, dota drops to low frame rates when in the main lobby. I also have a top notch computer, but for some reason the main menu makes the whole game lag. Have you tried to reduce the amount of rendering? Do you play borderless or full screen? 120hz or 60hz? Please give me an update on how your reinstalling went.
post #3248 of 17107
It's a particle problem ... it is easy to fix ... just run the game with the command "+dota_embers 0"

Well that fixed the problem for me at least ... lol
Gaming Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4960X @ 4.6GHZ Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Asus GTX 1080Ti FE 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 250GB SSD Samsung Evo 250GB SSD 2x 4TB WD Black Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro  Dell U2412M Coolermaster Mech (brown switches) Corsair RM1000i 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Silverstone Raven 02-E White (0031) Mionix Castor Mionix Sargas 400 Mackie CR4 
Other
Steelseries Flux In-Ear 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4960X @ 4.6GHZ Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Asus GTX 1080Ti FE 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Evo 250GB SSD Samsung Evo 250GB SSD 2x 4TB WD Black Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro  Dell U2412M Coolermaster Mech (brown switches) Corsair RM1000i 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Silverstone Raven 02-E White (0031) Mionix Castor Mionix Sargas 400 Mackie CR4 
Other
Steelseries Flux In-Ear 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3249 of 17107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Pain View Post

It's a particle problem ... it is easy to fix ... just run the game with the command "+dota_embers 0"

Well that fixed the problem for me at least ... lol

Ill try it out as well, thanks!
post #3250 of 17107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

Are you stupid? I have a i7 950 @ 4.2ghz and sli video cards along with the game installed on a ssd.My pc is fine to play this game and every other game I own perfectly fine. You must be some dota fanboy, if you read what I was writing I enjoy the game but there seems to be way to many bugs, nearly everytime I start a game one or my few friends has to restart the client becasue they get a bug when buying items that makes them unable to click anything else to buy. The client runs at low fps inside the lobby. Maybe its my install I'm going to try reinstall but don't tell me my pc needs to be upgraded to play a valve game..

and to the person who suggested turning off sli it seems to have worked so far for the choppy lobby stuff, thanks for suggesting that instead of telling me my computer is "lower end"

No I'm simply using mobile OCN in which people's rigs don't show up. Dota has worked fine for me since day one, zero lag or issues. So if some simpleton comes up with "lobby lags game is crap" then I would tell him to open his eyes to the fact that it's in beta. Ask for help instead of random opiniated statements and insults. Sigh.
The Ghost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k MSI P67a GD53 GTX 680 Corsair LP 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III Crucial M4 256GB Gelid Tranquilo rev 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit BenQ XL2411T CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown w/ stock blac... XFX Core edition 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Zowie AM, Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD/QCK Sennheiser PC360 w/ Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
The Ghost
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k MSI P67a GD53 GTX 680 Corsair LP 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green 1.5TB Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III Crucial M4 256GB Gelid Tranquilo rev 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit BenQ XL2411T CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown w/ stock blac... XFX Core edition 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Zowie AM, Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD/QCK Sennheiser PC360 w/ Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.