Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread. - Page 883

post #8821 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSRU View Post


Edit: Almost forgot Phoenix, that counts right?

 

Phoenix is either genderless (based on the lore), or male (based on the spell descriptions).

post #8822 of 17126
That sucks. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Phoenix is either genderless, or male.

Phoenix is refered to as male in the wiki.
post #8823 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

Phoenix is refered to as male in the wiki.

 

Ah you're right. I must have missed the part about Phoenix being a "son of suns".

post #8824 of 17126
Just wanted to point out, you still get the loss if you leave a game when somebody abandons. You just won't get an abandon.

If you're in ranked and win, it's hilarious. You end up stealing 3-4x the usual MMR.

I think LoL has lower burst damage/damage cap than Dota so it gives the illusion of tankiness.
Main Rig
(17 items)
 
*Not so* Main Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-2600k Asus Maximus Gene-Z Zotac 970 32 gig (4x8gig) Cosair Dominator 1866 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 - 128 gig VelociRaptor 300gig Random Toshiba 3TB Liteon 24x DVD-RW OEM  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cosair H100 Windows 7 Pro x64 Xstar 1440p Realforce TKL 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic x750 Arc Mini RAT7 Fiio E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x4 955 BE Gigabyte 870a-UD3 XFX 6870 4 gig G-skills 1600 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64 gig Microcenter SSD / 1TB Samsung F3 Random DVD-RW W7 64 Bit Ultimate Asus VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCase
U9BL Cosair 750 TX CoolerMaster 690 II 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(17 items)
 
*Not so* Main Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-2600k Asus Maximus Gene-Z Zotac 970 32 gig (4x8gig) Cosair Dominator 1866 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 - 128 gig VelociRaptor 300gig Random Toshiba 3TB Liteon 24x DVD-RW OEM  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cosair H100 Windows 7 Pro x64 Xstar 1440p Realforce TKL 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic x750 Arc Mini RAT7 Fiio E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x4 955 BE Gigabyte 870a-UD3 XFX 6870 4 gig G-skills 1600 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64 gig Microcenter SSD / 1TB Samsung F3 Random DVD-RW W7 64 Bit Ultimate Asus VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCase
U9BL Cosair 750 TX CoolerMaster 690 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8825 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilferret View Post

Just wanted to point out, you still get the loss if you leave a game when somebody abandons. You just won't get an abandon.

If you're in ranked and win, it's hilarious. You end up stealing 3-4x the usual MMR.

I think LoL has lower burst damage/damage cap than Dota so it gives the illusion of tankiness.

Champions don't scale like heroes do. I've noticed that DoTA2 heroes scale pretty hard especially when they get ahead. but champions don't. esepcially because they level cap at 18, and heroes don't.

The items are more drastic, but Towers are so much more durable in DoTA2 where Towers are cheap junk in LoL.

DoTA2 forces more kills and fights, rather than objective play.

also I'm not getting a loss when I leave atm, but im just playing standard matches.
post #8826 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

Champions don't scale like heroes do. I've noticed that DoTA2 heroes scale pretty hard especially when they get ahead. but champions don't. esepcially because they level cap at 18, and heroes don't.

The items are more drastic, but Towers are so much more durable in DoTA2 where Towers are cheap junk in LoL.

DoTA2 forces more kills and fights, rather than objective play.

also I'm not getting a loss when I leave atm, but im just playing standard matches.

If its before 2 mins and no kills, no stats will be recorded. If somebody rage quits at 10, you're SOL. Just wanted to warn you before you start leaving games even if its safe.

Just make sure it says no stats recorded. Safe to leave will still count the loss.
Main Rig
(17 items)
 
*Not so* Main Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-2600k Asus Maximus Gene-Z Zotac 970 32 gig (4x8gig) Cosair Dominator 1866 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 - 128 gig VelociRaptor 300gig Random Toshiba 3TB Liteon 24x DVD-RW OEM  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cosair H100 Windows 7 Pro x64 Xstar 1440p Realforce TKL 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic x750 Arc Mini RAT7 Fiio E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x4 955 BE Gigabyte 870a-UD3 XFX 6870 4 gig G-skills 1600 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64 gig Microcenter SSD / 1TB Samsung F3 Random DVD-RW W7 64 Bit Ultimate Asus VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCase
U9BL Cosair 750 TX CoolerMaster 690 II 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(17 items)
 
*Not so* Main Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-2600k Asus Maximus Gene-Z Zotac 970 32 gig (4x8gig) Cosair Dominator 1866 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 - 128 gig VelociRaptor 300gig Random Toshiba 3TB Liteon 24x DVD-RW OEM  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cosair H100 Windows 7 Pro x64 Xstar 1440p Realforce TKL 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic x750 Arc Mini RAT7 Fiio E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x4 955 BE Gigabyte 870a-UD3 XFX 6870 4 gig G-skills 1600 mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64 gig Microcenter SSD / 1TB Samsung F3 Random DVD-RW W7 64 Bit Ultimate Asus VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCase
U9BL Cosair 750 TX CoolerMaster 690 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8827 of 17126

4v5 is winnable. That said, I wish Dota 2 would add a concede option for certain situations.

post #8828 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

4v5 is winnable. That said, I wish Dota 2 would add a concede option for certain situations.
i've seen alot of posts recently for a "concede" option in dota 2. though dota had it, its odd dota 2 doesn't.
but i dont think we'll see it very soon.. i mean wouldn't they have added it otherwise? i think its fine how it is now without CC.
post #8829 of 17126
I can never quite understand people going Exort Invoker from the get-go. The extra damage from the E-orbs is nice and all, but the Exort spells are pretty easy to dodge.
I pretty much always go quas-> invoke (Cold Snap, good against early agressive mids, like a classic pudge vs invoker) -> exort (Forge Spirit, can be used for farming/harass, while picking up runes (I always go bottle -> Brown boots -> Midas -> PhaseB -> Force staff ->drums ->Necronomicon (invoker is OP push))) and go on with more quas/exort/invoke untill the TF's start happening, and then I'll pick up a Wex for Blast and potentially a Chaos Meteor in the mix.
Methodic, but it Works like 80% of all games - if we lose it's certainly not because I lost mid (unless I'm dealing with a Puck or OD - annoying!).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x5650 Asus sabertooth x58 MSI GTX 970 Gaming Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 WD Green SATA3 Seagate Barracuda SATA2 WD Green SATA3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Green SATA3 LITE-on iHos-104 H100 Push/pull Win8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
2x BenQ G2222HDL 1080p 60hz Samsung SyncMaster SA950D 1080p 120hz CM Storm Quickfire Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 1200Watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Shinobi XL Razer Deathadder 2013 An exclusive SteelSeries mousepad made of glass Noontec Zoro 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x5650 Asus sabertooth x58 MSI GTX 970 Gaming Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 WD Green SATA3 Seagate Barracuda SATA2 WD Green SATA3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Green SATA3 LITE-on iHos-104 H100 Push/pull Win8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
2x BenQ G2222HDL 1080p 60hz Samsung SyncMaster SA950D 1080p 120hz CM Storm Quickfire Pro Thermaltake Toughpower 1200Watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Shinobi XL Razer Deathadder 2013 An exclusive SteelSeries mousepad made of glass Noontec Zoro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8830 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeofdoom View Post

I can never quite understand people going Exort Invoker from the get-go. The extra damage from the E-orbs is nice and all, but the Exort spells are pretty easy to dodge.
I pretty much always go quas-> invoke (Cold Snap, good against early agressive mids, like a classic pudge vs invoker) -> exort (Forge Spirit, can be used for farming/harass, while picking up runes (I always go bottle -> Brown boots -> Midas -> PhaseB -> Force staff ->drums ->Necronomicon (invoker is OP push))) and go on with more quas/exort/invoke untill the TF's start happening, and then I'll pick up a Wex for Blast and potentially a Chaos Meteor in the mix.
Methodic, but it Works like 80% of all games - if we lose it's certainly not because I lost mid (unless I'm dealing with a Puck or OD - annoying!).
most of the times they cant dodge the combo's wih EULS. if you land the defeanig blast correctly or unless they have bkb ofcourse.
But keep in mind, i do think Qaus/Wex is situational. same with Qaus Exort. it all depends on the hero's picked.
i dont seem to go bottle ever. prolly did it once in all my games i played with invoker.. i just dont need it i feel. but it can pay off nicely if you have a good rune.

edit ; Qaus/Exort , cant live without euls scepter, i feel invoker needs it.

nice movespeed,
Mana regen.
and lifting you up in the air. / or enemy for you're combos.
Edited by Toxsick - 3/6/14 at 10:09am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.