Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread. - Page 944

post #9431 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxsick View Post

it mostly ends like this -> get caught in the chrono -> dead.

Well the other team had void centuar shadow shaman lich and magnus, the fact that Naga siren out carried them was pretty much the only chance....otherwise, I dont think the chrono is really needed.....

Dude was the only person why the team didn't lose 10 mins earlier than that. All positions were in average 5k net worth lower than the other side. Doesn't really work when that side has ults like that.
new build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 MSI GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB G Skill 8G 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo SSD 1TB WD 500GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 23" 1920 x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec TruePower 650 CoolerMaster HAF 912 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
new build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 MSI GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB G Skill 8G 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo SSD 1TB WD 500GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 23" 1920 x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec TruePower 650 CoolerMaster HAF 912 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9432 of 17126
You cannot out carry a faceless void.

Simple fact is he will just chronoshpere you and beat on you for 5 seconds straight. Now when chrono is down is your only real chance to take him out late game.

Your better off just split pushing if it goes late with a farmed faceless. Also if your going to play Naga Carry, always get a difussal blade level 2. Its good stats + mana burn + 36 extra damage for each illusion. Meaning they will have no mana, and take ton more damage.

Radiance is a split pushing thing, which Naga is a beast at if farmed decently, still not as effective as a natures profit, or Lycan though. Naga's Ult is a pretty hard counter to Faceless Void and his Chronoshpere since he will be put to sleep under its effects rendering it usless unless he has a bkb. Well that is if you don't get caught in it at first anyways which can sometimes be harder said than done.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9433 of 17126
That void had an awful build too - bfury is a terrible choice, like PA on bfury. Most of the time it won't work out. Especially with the new aoe buff to mjolnir, i don't see a reason to pick the bfury over it. I played offlane void for a stretch of like 15 games and aghanims refresher was a pretty fun build, if your team was competent/had good aoe.

If you're a void carry and your team has no AOE your team will probably lose, even lategame if they hae one or two tanky heroes you can't kill everyone in a chronosphere, and your teammates won't be able ot help you. Also, if the other team has a strong push lineup void will probably lose. Death prophet,furion, and terrorblade gave me a lot of issues when I played void. Being down all towers and splitpushing at 20 minutes doesn't give you a lot of room for farm, and void is more of a 30-40 minute game player

He's a fun counterpick to slark though - right when slark ults you just chronos him and kill him. Also a dumb funfact is phoenix can not avoid stuns while diving, but can escape a chronosphere (confirmed bug). Also fun with lich or witch doctor.
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9434 of 17126
Lenovo w540
(6 items)
 
Games
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
4700MQ Nvidia Quadro K1100M Generic SSD Western Digital Blue 
OSOS
kubuntu Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
Lenovo w540
(6 items)
 
Games
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
4700MQ Nvidia Quadro K1100M Generic SSD Western Digital Blue 
OSOS
kubuntu Windows 10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9435 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

That void had an awful build too - bfury is a terrible choice, like PA on bfury. Most of the time it won't work out. Especially with the new aoe buff to mjolnir, i don't see a reason to pick the bfury over it. I played offlane void for a stretch of like 15 games and aghanims refresher was a pretty fun build, if your team was competent/had good aoe.

If you're a void carry and your team has no AOE your team will probably lose, even lategame if they hae one or two tanky heroes you can't kill everyone in a chronosphere, and your teammates won't be able ot help you. Also, if the other team has a strong push lineup void will probably lose. Death prophet,furion, and terrorblade gave me a lot of issues when I played void. Being down all towers and splitpushing at 20 minutes doesn't give you a lot of room for farm, and void is more of a 30-40 minute game player

He's a fun counterpick to slark though - right when slark ults you just chronos him and kill him. Also a dumb funfact is phoenix can not avoid stuns while diving, but can escape a chronosphere (confirmed bug). Also fun with lich or witch doctor.

Battlefury is used to farm faster. Just like AM, PA, and other melee carries. Not to mention the AOE damage is very useful in Chrono.

Void can kill 5 people in a sphere, its actually pretty easy late game. When I play Void my build progression is
-Battlefury, Power Treads, Mask of Madness, Crit stick into Dae, BKB, Butterfly, then change out mask of madness out for a Satanic or Divine Rapier.
-Optional Mjolnir instead of mask of Madness (granted you best be getting great farm to offset the life-steal and speed bonus for much cheaper)

Favorite Heroes to play with a Faceless on the team, Jakiro, Lich, Gyro, Crystal Maiden, Invoker, Witch Doctor, Lina, Any good ranged carry such as drow, sniper, viper, etc (key here is to make sure you don't time lock them in as well)
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9436 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

Battlefury is used to farm faster. Just like AM, PA, and other melee carries. Not to mention the AOE damage is very useful in Chrono.

Void can kill 5 people in a sphere, its actually pretty easy late game. When I play Void my build progression is
-Battlefury, Power Treads, Mask of Madness, Crit stick into Dae, BKB, Butterfly, then change out mask of madness out for a Satanic or Divine Rapier.
-Optional Mjolnir instead of mask of Madness (granted you best be getting great farm to offset the life-steal and speed bonus for much cheaper)

Favorite Heroes to play with a Faceless on the team, Jakiro, Lich, Gyro, Crystal Maiden, Invoker, Witch Doctor, Lina, Any good ranged carry such as drow, sniper, viper, etc (key here is to make sure you don't time lock them in as well)

If the other team is stupid enough to get caught in a 5man chronos lategame they deserve to lose.

A bfury on void and PA mean you're useless until you get another item at the 20 minute mark at the earliest - you don't have the attack speed to kill anyone in a chronos. So unless your team has nice aoe's that your ult can help set up, you're pretty much useless in the early and mid game. Mjolnir provides a 125 damage chain lightning in a 900 AOE and static shield and +80 attack speed - far more useful for farming AND for hero killing and for bash procs in the midgame and you get the much needed attack speed so you can actually kill more than one person in 5 seconds. More than likely a 3-4 man chronos they will still be too spread out to cleave whereas the mjolnir will guarantee you hit everyone else on the scrreen. Also, there's a reason why people aren't playing AM/bfury heroes anymore, doesn't really fit in the current meta...pretty much anytime i get a hero that goes bfury we lose. Cool the hero will be good in 35-40 minutes - too bad all our towers are down in 20 minutes because we are playing 5v4 against a push strat...
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9437 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

If the other team is stupid enough to get caught in a 5man chronos lategame they deserve to lose.

A bfury on void and PA mean you're useless until you get another item at the 20 minute mark at the earliest - you don't have the attack speed to kill anyone in a chronos. So unless your team has nice aoe's that your ult can help set up, you're pretty much useless in the early and mid game. Mjolnir provides a 125 damage chain lightning in a 900 AOE and static shield and +80 attack speed - far more useful for farming AND for hero killing and for bash procs in the midgame and you get the much needed attack speed so you can actually kill more than one person in 5 seconds. More than likely a 3-4 man chronos they will still be too spread out to cleave whereas the mjolnir will guarantee you hit everyone else on the scrreen. Also, there's a reason why people aren't playing AM/bfury heroes anymore, doesn't really fit in the current meta...pretty much anytime i get a hero that goes bfury we lose. Cool the hero will be good in 35-40 minutes - too bad all our towers are down in 20 minutes because we are playing 5v4 against a push strat...

I don't agree. I can have battle fury, power treads and a mask of madness by 20mins....

Battlefury is a signature weapon for Void. (which is why Valve released the Legendary Battlefury for Void) Void has a limited mana pool, battlefury gives mana regen, it gives cleave, it gives hp regen, and it gives bonus damage. The mana regen is super nice, because after one time walk and chrono, your out of mana. If you don't have mana regen then you have to relay on someone else for mana boots, or have to travel home just to get mana to use your skills again.

Mjoinir gives a good attack speed bonus, and static shield and lighting procs, it costs 5300 gold. Also keep in mind it costs mana to use the static shield further complicating Void's mana issues. Battlefury costs only 4350. Making nearly 1000 gold cheaper and allows you to farm faster, adds damage, and fills the need for mana problems.

Void like any other hero is situational. You don't play him every match, nor is he always a good fit for the team.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9438 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduncan View Post

I don't agree. I can have battle fury, power treads and a mask of madness by 20mins....

Battlefury is a signature weapon for Void. (which is why Valve released the Legendary Battlefury for Void) Void has a limited mana pool, battlefury gives mana regen, it gives cleave, it gives hp regen, and it gives bonus damage. The mana regen is super nice, because after one time walk and chrono, your out of mana. If you don't have mana regen then you have to relay on someone else for mana boots, or have to travel home just to get mana to use your skills again.

Mjoinir gives a good attack speed bonus, and static shield and lighting procs, it costs 5300 gold. Also keep in mind it costs mana to use the static shield further complicating Void's mana issues. Battlefury costs only 4350. Making nearly 1000 gold cheaper and allows you to farm faster, adds damage, and fills the need for mana problems.

Void like any other hero is situational. You don't play him every match, nor is he always a good fit for the team.
Lol yeah b/c valve's recommended items are always the best options right?

I play void mostly offlane and I can get a 25-30 minute MoM aghanims refresher (i play him like batrider, leave at lvl 6 and just gank every time ult is off cd). I don't have any mana issues even when I don't have any items, in the early game getting harassed vs a dual/trilane. You don't need any mana for timewalk and ult. If you really need it have someone courier you a potion, get a magic stick, or get a RoB since void's armor is awful. You can say mana regen is awful for any carry, really. Mana regen is not the issue for void. His awful stat gain and armor is which is why I don't like playing him as a1, as he is far more effective as a 3 (and not the best 3, which is why I don't really play him much).

Mjolnir has 2 very nice components, a hyperstone and a maelstrom, both which help you farm faster than the bfury components do, so even if your bfury is 1k less, you will end up getting items at the same rate the mjolnir void has, only the mjolnir void is far more effective in teamfights (more bash procs and more lightning procs). The only advantage the bfury has is most of the items are close to the safelane in the sideshop.
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9439 of 17126
Let's see here. Void farming vs Naga. Naga will win every time. If void was legit he would be picked a lot more. Naga is a much better hero overall. A late game naga will always win.

Lets make a fight scenario.

Void has to first find the real naga out of 5 illusions.

If he does. Let's say. Naga dead.

Naga BB and BoT into the fight. Sleep and will kill void one on one.

Void BB and do what?

You will always have more farm then Void no matter what.

If you don't then you are not playing Naga.

RTZ. Naga best. Naga. NA.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #9440 of 17126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

Lol yeah b/c valve's recommended items are always the best options right?

I play void mostly offlane and I can get a 25-30 minute MoM aghanims refresher (i play him like batrider, leave at lvl 6 and just gank every time ult is off cd). I don't have any mana issues even when I don't have any items, in the early game getting harassed vs a dual/trilane. You don't need any mana for timewalk and ult. If you really need it have someone courier you a potion, get a magic stick, or get a RoB since void's armor is awful. You can say mana regen is awful for any carry, really. Mana regen is not the issue for void. His awful stat gain and armor is which is why I don't like playing him as a1, as he is far more effective as a 3 (and not the best 3, which is why I don't really play him much).

Mjolnir has 2 very nice components, a hyperstone and a maelstrom, both which help you farm faster than the bfury components do, so even if your bfury is 1k less, you will end up getting items at the same rate the mjolnir void has, only the mjolnir void is far more effective in teamfights (more bash procs and more lightning procs). The only advantage the bfury has is most of the items are close to the safelane in the sideshop.

There are better ganking heroes and far better offlane heroes. Void doesn't really need armor, because of his backtrack ability. Which will dodge physical and magical damage 25% of the time at max level. Nullifying that attack which is far superior to armor. Armor only works against physical attacks and increases the heroes effective hit points. You farm faster with a Battlefury than you do with a Mjolnir. The Ring of health you get early also allows you to stay in lane or jungle with out constantly purchasing hp regen such as tangos or salves.

I will disagree with you again and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Let's see here. Void farming vs Naga. Naga will win every time. If void was legit he would be picked a lot more. Naga is a much better hero overall. A late game naga will always win.

Lets make a fight scenario.

Void has to first find the real naga out of 5 illusions.

If he does. Let's say. Naga dead.

Naga BB and BoT into the fight. Sleep and will kill void one on one.

Void BB and do what?

You will always have more farm then Void no matter what.

If you don't then you are not playing Naga.

RTZ. Naga best. Naga. NA.

Naga is more often picked up as a support hero. Due to her armor reduction skill, and ensnare which is a awesome disable, not to mention her ult can save your team in a bad engagement or be used to setup a team fight. Also Naga has 3 illusions not 5. She only has 5 if she gets a manta. Lastly its easy to tell which is the correct one just by looking at the health bar. A void with a battle fury will quickly be able to tell which is the real Naga.

Void is not picked up very often because most pro teams will prefer Anti Mage over him or Alchemist due to their flash farm abilities.
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent But Deadly
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Ryzen 7 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI Asus Rx 480 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Reactor 1TB Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM005 4TB x2 Lg hd-dvd/blu ray combo XSPC EX 240 + AlphaCool xt45 280+ Thermal Take ... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro  SAMSUNG 40" UN40KU6300 Func Kb 460 SeaSonic X Series X-850  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Arc Midi Logitech MX 518 Razor Vespula Pioneer SC-63 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.