Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread. - Page 949

post #9481 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisLam View Post

As i've said it might not work as the best 6th item on him, but definitely not as bad as you might think.

It doesn't need to work on his illusions. It's hard enough to find the real PL, it can be pretty annoying to have a spell block to go with the dopplewalk. If he's careful enough with a linkens, you might never catch him the entire game even with a gem.
That's a good build. But make sure you finish the first 3 items as diffusial => manta => heart and then the rest. This order seems to go nice with the flow of most general games.

Frustrating is not the same as viable. Linkens is a good item generally, but you typically get it for the spell shield. The stats are a really nice byproduct as well, which can be useful for him, but the spell block effect is not necessary for the most part.
#well
(18 items)
 
Lenovo L530
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Sapphire RX 580 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Generic DVD±RW Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Samsung SyncMaster 2233 Ducky DK9008 Overclock.net Edition, Cherry MX B... Corsair TX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Core 2500 Logitech G303 Xtrfy GP3 HeatoN M-Audio Fast Track USB 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 Ohm AntLion ModMic v3 
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge 3210M Intel HD 4000 Graphics OEM Hard Mounted Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB DVD-+RW Arch Linux 1600x900 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
#well
(18 items)
 
Lenovo L530
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Sapphire RX 580 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10-8GTX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Generic DVD±RW Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2711 Samsung SyncMaster 2233 Ducky DK9008 Overclock.net Edition, Cherry MX B... Corsair TX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Core 2500 Logitech G303 Xtrfy GP3 HeatoN M-Audio Fast Track USB 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 80 Ohm AntLion ModMic v3 
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel Ivy Bridge 3210M Intel HD 4000 Graphics OEM Hard Mounted Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB DVD-+RW Arch Linux 1600x900 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9482 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisLam View Post

It isn't even that.

With the current MMR system, it just seems to me that the people who have 50% winrate will stay at their initial MMR forever, while the people that have more than 50% winrate will be able to get higher, with the speed of MMR increase to be directly proportional to your winrate %.

Because that's what it is. Winning and losing is now only a fixed gain/loss of MMR (24-26) regardless of what happens within the game, so with your winrate infinitely close to 50%, your MMR will never be able to escape your initial range. So the only way to escape the MMR hell is to reach, and maintain a winrate of at least 51-52%.

For party MMR, you can raise that up a bit by partying with friends' smurf accounts, or friends that have like a really high MMR, and hope that the other team has very even MMR across the whole team so your high MMR friend(s) will dominate the game for you. For solo MMR, I don't think anything will help except to change your play-style into high impact roles.

I have a near to 55% win rate on my own and 60% to 80% with some people i play with atm but lost 8 games straight last couple of days due to mid feeding pudge 5 kills in 8mins and never calling missing things like that. Just going to have to turn into dendi to get myself out of this one lol
post #9483 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonX View Post

Frustrating is not the same as viable. Linkens is a good item generally, but you typically get it for the spell shield. The stats are a really nice byproduct as well, which can be useful for him, but the spell block effect is not necessary for the most part.

well, what exactly is "necessary" to be on the very last item that PL would get? Honestly I myself dont know the answer to that question.

Survivability? got heart and manta
Damage? got diffusial manta and butterfly
movespeed? got manta BoT

And that seems to be everything that PL needs.

So if you dont want to stack a 2nd heart, I think linkens is definitely the top 5 options on PL as the last item, even though it's not an end tier item. Not because it is that strong, but because there aren't really that many options around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter.jay View Post

I have a near to 55% win rate on my own and 60% to 80% with some people i play with atm but lost 8 games straight last couple of days due to mid feeding pudge 5 kills in 8mins and never calling missing things like that. Just going to have to turn into dendi to get myself out of this one lol

8 games? Pssh, with a consistent 55% winrate, you will get over that in no time

Think about this, 55% winrate = 11-9 in every 20 games = a steady gain of 50pts MMR every 20 games
Edited by HarrisLam - 4/10/14 at 1:49am
new build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 MSI GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB G Skill 8G 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo SSD 1TB WD 500GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 23" 1920 x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec TruePower 650 CoolerMaster HAF 912 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
new build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 MSI GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB G Skill 8G 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo SSD 1TB WD 500GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung 23" 1920 x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec TruePower 650 CoolerMaster HAF 912 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9484 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisLam View Post

And that seems to be everything that PL needs.

One thing I don't see addressed very often is an Abyssal option. Screw the illusions; if you're being forced to manfight a BKB carry then locking him down will be helpful.

Regarding Linken's, I think it has become somewhat of a moot point with spell block becoming shareable. Visual shield or not, semi-coordinated teams will be able to track him through illusions lategame and lock him down. In that case, a shared Linken's would be efficient if PL needs something else to fill his last slot.
post #9485 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter.jay View Post

I have a near to 55% win rate on my own and 60% to 80% with some people i play with atm but lost 8 games straight last couple of days due to mid feeding pudge 5 kills in 8mins and never calling missing things like that. Just going to have to turn into dendi to get myself out of this one lol

Just got my Team MMR calibrated = 3134 ATM... I see you start playing around 1am PT (my time) I can play a game or two almost every night with you if you need one less known pubber. tongue.gif

Of the 10 calibration games, it was an 8-2 record and of those 8 games was with a friend that plays nothing but Spirit Breaker - about 1000 games of Spirit breaker (His team MMR was 3k, too).
Edited by Peter Nixeus - 4/10/14 at 10:06am
 
My Girlfriend #3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Gigabyte 970A-UD3H XFX AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB OC Black Edition GSkill Sniper 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 128GB SSD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD NZXT Kraken X41 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NX-VUE24 Freesync 144Hz Gaming Monitor Nixeus MODA v2 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Swit... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus REVEL PMW3360 Gaming Mouse ROCCAT SENSE Nixeus ARC 4.0 Bluetoth Speakers (Prototype) Nixeus Rival Headphones (Prototype) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mini-iTX Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 670  Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X31 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 DisplayPort MA... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU Cool Master Elite 130 Mini-iTX Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
SteelSeries DOTA 2 Rival Mouse SteelSeries QcK Nixeus Earphones ER-BKSL14 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition MSI 870A-G54 XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB Corsair XMS DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM LG CD/DVD Combo Drive Antech H20 950 Khuler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 WQHD Monitor NX... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... OCZ Fatal1ty Modular 550 Watt Modular PSU Roswill Challenger-U3 Mid-Tower ATX Case 
Mouse
Gigabyte M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
 
My Girlfriend #3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Gigabyte 970A-UD3H XFX AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB OC Black Edition GSkill Sniper 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 128GB SSD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD NZXT Kraken X41 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NX-VUE24 Freesync 144Hz Gaming Monitor Nixeus MODA v2 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Swit... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus REVEL PMW3360 Gaming Mouse ROCCAT SENSE Nixeus ARC 4.0 Bluetoth Speakers (Prototype) Nixeus Rival Headphones (Prototype) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mini-iTX Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 670  Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X31 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 DisplayPort MA... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU Cool Master Elite 130 Mini-iTX Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
SteelSeries DOTA 2 Rival Mouse SteelSeries QcK Nixeus Earphones ER-BKSL14 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition MSI 870A-G54 XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB Corsair XMS DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM LG CD/DVD Combo Drive Antech H20 950 Khuler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 WQHD Monitor NX... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... OCZ Fatal1ty Modular 550 Watt Modular PSU Roswill Challenger-U3 Mid-Tower ATX Case 
Mouse
Gigabyte M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9486 of 17128
My 10 games were all with russian mid or feed people and i went like 2-8... frown.gif Now im stuck at 2.7k mmr and cant really go up since i cant win on my own...
post #9487 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiiKK View Post

My 10 games were all with russian mid or feed people and i went like 2-8... frown.gif Now im stuck at 2.7k mmr and cant really go up since i cant win on my own...

Wish i was all the way up there lol
post #9488 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Just got my Team MMR calibrated = 3134 ATM... I see you start playing around 1am PT (my time) I can play a game or two almost every night with you if you need one less known pubber. tongue.gif

Of the 10 calibration games, it was an 8-2 record and of those 8 games was with a friend that plays nothing but Spirit Breaker - about 1000 games of Spirit breaker (His team MMR was 3k, too).

If i am online i am happy to play give me a shout thumb.gif
post #9489 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisLam View Post

It isn't even that.

With the current MMR system, it just seems to me that the people who have 50% winrate will stay at their initial MMR forever, while the people that have more than 50% winrate will be able to get higher, with the speed of MMR increase to be directly proportional to your winrate %.

Because that's what it is. Winning and losing is now only a fixed gain/loss of MMR (24-26) regardless of what happens within the game, so with your winrate infinitely close to 50%, your MMR will never be able to escape your initial range. So the only way to escape the MMR hell is to reach, and maintain a winrate of at least 51-52%.

For party MMR, you can raise that up a bit by partying with friends' smurf accounts, or friends that have like a really high MMR, and hope that the other team has very even MMR across the whole team so your high MMR friend(s) will dominate the game for you. For solo MMR, I don't think anything will help except to change your play-style into high impact roles.
Just have to play mid or high impact offlane/carry to get up. It works all the way up to around 4.5k (at least in USE) where you start getting all the lycan slark ember terrorblade pickers every game and you just have to hope your team has the more OP heroes.
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Galaxy GTX 580 1.5GB Accelero Xtreme Plus Cooler G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB F3 12800CL8D-8GBXM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex2 Extended 120, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LITEON 24x Internal DVD/CD Writer Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung XL2370 LED Filco Ninja Majestouch 2 Brown Keys, IBM Model M XFX 750W Black Edition HAF 932 Black Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 3G, R.A.T 9, G400 Artisan Hayate, QCK Heavy, Artisen Hien Audio Technica AD700, Klipsch Image x10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9490 of 17128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilpony View Post

Just have to play mid or high impact offlane/carry to get up. It works all the way up to around 4.5k (at least in USE) where you start getting all the lycan slark ember terrorblade pickers every game and you just have to hope your team has the more OP heroes.
or just go ember mid. cheap hero, cheap game.

x2 Battlefurys ,daedalus,desolater,maelstrom? goodbye enemy team. lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] DotA 2 Information and Discussion Thread.