Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club - Page 225

Poll Results: Which One(s) Do you Own?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 14% of voters (91)
    200R
  • 22% of voters (135)
    300R
  • 18% of voters (112)
    400R
  • 46% of voters (283)
    500R
612 Total Votes  
post #2241 of 4610
So, I've finally replace the mesh on my side panel, for a piece of Lexan. Its still a work in progress, but so far I like it better than the mesh that it came with.

post #2242 of 4610
Wow, that looks fantastic!

I might look into this in the future.
post #2243 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by eftj View Post

Wow, that looks fantastic!
I might look into this in the future.

Thanks, I still have to figure out the edges, thats why I left the blue tape around it. biggrin.gif
post #2244 of 4610
Hey guys

Just got my new build bought and set up im just looking around for CPU cooling, i did look at the corsair H100 but not sure ill have the clearance from my board to the top of the case :/

If anyone has fit the H100 in the carbide 400R with the asus P8z77-v line of mobo's could you let me know?
i did see a guy on here had mounted fans on the outside of his case but A. i cant find the post to get his name to ask him and B. i cant find the 'covered' fans that he had used ANYWHERE!

It's either that or i try finding a heatsink that will fit over the vengeance ram heat spreaders :/
post #2245 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

Thanks, I still have to figure out the edges, thats why I left the blue tape around it. biggrin.gif

could you please do a tutorial or something on that Mod. because thats the exact mod i want with my 500R. thanks
Flicker
(29 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asrock Extreme 6 z77 NVIDIA GTX 770 G.skill 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 128GB SSD HITACHI 7200RPM HDD (2TB) LG 24x optical drive x2 2x bitfenix spectre green 120mm fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-U12P 4x included case fans Win 7 home premium 64bit Asus 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Cherry Black Green LED TKL silverstone 850W Corsair Carbide 500r logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
razer goliathusXL Sony MDRZX600R Audio Technica ATH M-50 V-Moda XS Shadow 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sony MDR XB 700 JDS Labs Objective2 ODAC Sony MDR-V6 Audio technica ATH M-35 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
V-Moda Crossfade M-100 (shadow) Audio Technica ATH-M35 Audio Technica SJ11 Audio Technica SJ55 
Other
Blue Snowball microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Flicker
(29 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k Asrock Extreme 6 z77 NVIDIA GTX 770 G.skill 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 128GB SSD HITACHI 7200RPM HDD (2TB) LG 24x optical drive x2 2x bitfenix spectre green 120mm fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-U12P 4x included case fans Win 7 home premium 64bit Asus 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Cherry Black Green LED TKL silverstone 850W Corsair Carbide 500r logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
razer goliathusXL Sony MDRZX600R Audio Technica ATH M-50 V-Moda XS Shadow 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sony MDR XB 700 JDS Labs Objective2 ODAC Sony MDR-V6 Audio technica ATH M-35 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
V-Moda Crossfade M-100 (shadow) Audio Technica ATH-M35 Audio Technica SJ11 Audio Technica SJ55 
Other
Blue Snowball microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2246 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

Thanks, I still have to figure out the edges, thats why I left the blue tape around it. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoL RiNzleR View Post

could you please do a tutorial or something on that Mod. because thats the exact mod i want with my 500R. thanks
Just google 500r window mod, there are tons of people who have done this already and multiple guides up.
Quote:
Hey guys

Just got my new build bought and set up im just looking around for CPU cooling, i did look at the corsair H100 but not sure ill have the clearance from my board to the top of the case :/

If anyone has fit the H100 in the carbide 400R with the asus P8z77-v line of mobo's could you let me know?
i did see a guy on here had mounted fans on the outside of his case but A. i cant find the post to get his name to ask him and B. i cant find the 'covered' fans that he had used ANYWHERE!

It's either that or i try finding a heatsink that will fit over the vengeance ram heat spreaders :/
IIRC, the h100 will fit fine in the 400r with 1 set of fans, you'd only have to have fans sticking out if you used push/pull.
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2247 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoL RiNzleR View Post

could you please do a tutorial or something on that Mod. because thats the exact mod i want with my 500R. thanks

I wish I had pictures, but the process was fairly simple. I took out the mesh, and grabbed some pliers and bent back the tabs from the panel, so they wouldn't show through the Lexan. I used the mesh piece as a template, and I made a rough cut of the final shape, and from there a lot of sanding with 100 grit paper, test fitting, sanding, test fitting and sanding, etc, to make it fit snug. I did put some super glue around the edge (and thats where I kinda ruined it LOL) to make sure it wouldn't come out. Thats why I put the blue tape around the edge, so I could hide some spots where you can see a bit of the glue. I'm going to have to do it again at some point, because I know I could have done it better. Maybe next time around I would just dremel off the tabs from the panel, and fill in the tiny gaps between the Lexan and the panel with some U-channel (I don't really like the idea, I think it looks much cleaner without it) But work and the baby don't leave me with much time for mods. Next time around I'll make sure to take pictures and post them here. thumb.gif

Here is one guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1226914/corsair-carbide-500r-now-with-side-window, but I didn't want the white tabs that hold the mesh in place to show through the acrylic.
Edited by nicolasl46 - 9/18/12 at 2:59pm
post #2248 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by starships View Post

Just google 500r window mod, there are tons of people who have done this already and multiple guides up.
IIRC, the h100 will fit fine in the 400r with 1 set of fans, you'd only have to have fans sticking out if you used push/pull.

But looking at my case i dont think i have the room, the top heatsink and cpu 8-pin are very high up in the case, and with shipping taking 4+ days im not really in the position to get an H100, find it doesnt fit then just take it back to a shop :/
post #2249 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken434 View Post

But looking at my case i dont think i have the room, the top heatsink and cpu 8-pin are very high up in the case, and with shipping taking 4+ days im not really in the position to get an H100, find it doesnt fit then just take it back to a shop :/
It's listed in the h100 compatibility thread. http://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h100-case-compatibility-thread-page-1-for-full-listings/210#post_16258036 And, the p8z77-v is a very common board so I seriously doubt it doesn't fit, but of course google it up to try to find some confirmation with your exact set up.
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2250 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasl46 View Post

So, I've finally replace the mesh on my side panel, for a piece of Lexan. Its still a work in progress, but so far I like it better than the mesh that it came with.

Whats with the blue lining around your window? Is it just blue perspex or something showing up on the white case? It looks pretty cool
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club