Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club - Page 39

Poll Results: Which One(s) Do you Own?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 14% of voters (91)
    200R
  • 22% of voters (135)
    300R
  • 18% of voters (112)
    400R
  • 46% of voters (283)
    500R
612 Total Votes  
post #381 of 4610
Is there any chance of a windowed side panel? I'm trying to decide between one of these and a 600T SE for my first build. I'm sticking with air other than a corsair h80 or h100.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus Z68 - V/Gen3 Radeon 6970 Corsair Vengence 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 - 64GB SSD LG Bluray/DVD Windows 7 64-Bit Apple Cinema Display LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair AX750 Gold Corsair Obsidian 650 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus Z68 - V/Gen3 Radeon 6970 Corsair Vengence 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 - 64GB SSD LG Bluray/DVD Windows 7 64-Bit Apple Cinema Display LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair AX750 Gold Corsair Obsidian 650 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #382 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrulli;15370985 
Is there any chance of a windowed side panel? I'm trying to decide between one of these and a 600T SE for my first build. I'm sticking with air other than a corsair h80 or h100.

The 500R at the moment doesn't have one but I know a few of us are planning to remove the mesh on it and replace it with a window. Should be fairly simple. But if your not willing to do that I would recommend the 600T.
post #383 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingMidget;15371026 
The 500R at the moment doesn't have one but I know a few of us are planning to remove the mesh on it and replace it with a window. Should be fairly simple. But if your not willing to do that I would recommend the 600T.

What would the procedure be like on that? Hard to do? My only knock would be that the window would be kind of small. Than again the one on the 600T isn't big either.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus Z68 - V/Gen3 Radeon 6970 Corsair Vengence 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 - 64GB SSD LG Bluray/DVD Windows 7 64-Bit Apple Cinema Display LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair AX750 Gold Corsair Obsidian 650 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus Z68 - V/Gen3 Radeon 6970 Corsair Vengence 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 - 64GB SSD LG Bluray/DVD Windows 7 64-Bit Apple Cinema Display LED 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Corsair AX750 Gold Corsair Obsidian 650 Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #384 of 4610
Just bought a 400R along with an H100 and moved my P5Q-E to it. Could not install the rearmost fan because of top MB finned heatsink. Also getting the 8 pin power cable in after installing the rad was really tough. I juryrigged the fan with cable ties, but I wonder how many other MBs will have this same issue.

Len
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K ASUS p8z77-v GTX760Ti G.Skill F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (24 G) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x SSD, Seagate 4TB 2X Samsung SSD EVO 250G 1X ... Liteon DVD RW Corsair H100 Win10 X64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB28Q Saitek Antec 850W Corsair Carbide 400R 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K ASUS p8z77-v GTX760Ti G.Skill F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (24 G) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x SSD, Seagate 4TB 2X Samsung SSD EVO 250G 1X ... Liteon DVD RW Corsair H100 Win10 X64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB28Q Saitek Antec 850W Corsair Carbide 400R 
Mouse
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #385 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrulli;15371122 
What would the procedure be like on that? Hard to do? My only knock would be that the window would be kind of small. Than again the one on the 600T isn't big either.

I havent seen it done yet but I would assume just bending the mesh clips to remove the solid mesh side and then fixing a plexi glass panel in place of it. Could adhere it or bolt it or any way you could imagine really.
post #386 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewaster;15356314 

1st issue: Lack of dust filter on top! Side panel filter is not really necessary for me but not having it on top is just unacceptable, whether you have fans there or not.
[

If you have 2 fans on top exhausting you really shouldn't need a dust filter up there, I can't imagine that much dust would be allowed in when you have fans pushing air out. Side panel filter yeah, that would be nice. I am waiting for Corsair to send me my damn screws, but I have 2 120mm fans I am going to mount to the side panel and I bought dust filters for them, it should help.
post #387 of 4610
Wait, are special screws needed to mount fans in this case? Because I bought 6 extra fans to throw in this thing
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #388 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown;15373614 
Wait, are special screws needed to mount fans in this case? Because I bought 6 extra fans to throw in this thing

Yep. This case uses proprietary Corsair screws and guess what, Corsair does not ship the case with the extra required screws. Odd because they market this thing has having capability to attach extra fans, guess what unless you have our silly Corsair screws you are SoL.

Regular fan mounting screws will work but you can easily pull the screws and fan right through them. So technically I guess regular screws do work, but I wouldn't trust the regular screws in a position where gravity could take over, like the top. I have removed the front fan screws (8 total) and am using the regular screws that came with my fans temporarily and then used the Corsair screws to mount my top fans. I am still waiting on Corsair to mount my side fans though...

Here is your solution, go checkout the Corsair support forums, there are a couple of threads about this, copy the link to the thread, start an RMA and put the link in there saying you want extra screws. I have done this, they quoted me 2 weeks. First time I have ever been disappointed by a Corsair product. I guess thats what you get for being an early case adopter. Pretty sweet having to wait 3 weeks to get some stupid screws to mount the extra fans this case was advertised as supporting.

Other than that I love this case, don't let my screw gripe get you down, you will love it.
Edited by amtbr - 10/19/11 at 6:39pm
post #389 of 4610
I don't have a Carbide series case but I can vouch for Corsair cases in general. My 600T SE is easily the most amazing case I've ever seen (at least within a reasonable budget). Beautiful cases that are a pleasure to work in...
post #390 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtbr;15374911 
Yep. This case uses proprietary Corsair screws and guess what, Corsair does not ship the case with the extra required screws. Odd because they market this thing has having capability to attach extra fans, guess what unless you have our silly Corsair screws you are SoL.

Regular fan mounting screws will work but you can easily pull the screws and fan right through them. So technically I guess regular screws do work, but I wouldn't trust the regular screws in a position where gravity could take over, like the top. I have removed the front fan screws (8 total) and am using the regular screws that came with my fans temporarily and then used the Corsair screws to mount my top fans. I am still waiting on Corsair to mount my side fans though...

Here is your solution, go checkout the Corsair support forums, there are a couple of threads about this, copy the link to the thread, start an RMA and put the link in there saying you want extra screws. I have done this, they quoted me 2 weeks. First time I have ever been disappointed by a Corsair product. I guess thats what you get for being an early case adopter. Pretty sweet having to wait 3 weeks to get some stupid screws to mount the extra fans this case was advertised as supporting.

Other than that I love this case, don't let my screw gripe get you down, you will love it.

Corsair George did say they were gonna be shipping with the screws from now on, or something along those lines. I'm sure in the near future that won't be a problem anymore. You know how early models always tend to have a slight misfortune. Like the 650D fan controller.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club