Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club - Page 401

Poll Results: Which One(s) Do you Own?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 14% of voters (91)
    200R
  • 22% of voters (135)
    300R
  • 18% of voters (112)
    400R
  • 46% of voters (283)
    500R
612 Total Votes  
post #4001 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinValk View Post

how did you but the tabs out? I just took the mesh out.. but I dont own a dremel or a jigsaw.. and I dont want to try bending them.. as I may end up bending the panel itself.. how did you remove yours?

theres a video on youtube by this guy that has done it (immac job by the way) i followed his instructions.
I used a dremel tool to cut the tabs out (**** tool thats why it too me so long)

Dremel ($40 AUS) or u can get cheaper ones, acrylic sheet cut to fit (10" x 13" 2mm thickness) $4 AUS, Double sided tape $6 AUS
post #4002 of 4610
yea I knew about all that... I am just broke as of late.. just started a new job TODAY.. and will be a couple weeks before I have any spending money.. I'm impatient.. took long enough for the panel to get mailed here bc of the holidays.. lol I want my window NOW... and am thinking of cutting at least 1 fan hole of some sort.. either some neat design.. or just a big circle in the lower left corner to attempt to keep positive pressure in the case..
Gamer/Daily use
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 ASrock AB350 Pro 4 Asus Strix Rx480 8gb corsair lpx 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Green Western Digital Green Samsung SSD Sony DVDR/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftech H220x2 Windows 10 Pro dell se2417hgr Razer Deathstalker 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M CM Storm Trooper Razer Orobourus 8500 dpi Corsair Vengeance MM200 430mm X 280mm 
Audio
Sennheiser HD280pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer/Daily use
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 ASrock AB350 Pro 4 Asus Strix Rx480 8gb corsair lpx 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Green Western Digital Green Samsung SSD Sony DVDR/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftech H220x2 Windows 10 Pro dell se2417hgr Razer Deathstalker 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M CM Storm Trooper Razer Orobourus 8500 dpi Corsair Vengeance MM200 430mm X 280mm 
Audio
Sennheiser HD280pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4003 of 4610
Well I am quite happy with my 200R for $30 AR; didn't want to spend much at all on a midtower again after ditching mini-itx. Only complaint is apparently can't fit a 240 rad without removing drive bays which I don't want to do starting with fact it doesn't look seem particularly easy. Though I also realize a low end tower is not designed for liquid cooling generally.
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4004 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinValk View Post

yea I knew about all that... I am just broke as of late.. just started a new job TODAY.. and will be a couple weeks before I have any spending money.. I'm impatient.. took long enough for the panel to get mailed here bc of the holidays.. lol I want my window NOW... and am thinking of cutting at least 1 fan hole of some sort.. either some neat design.. or just a big circle in the lower left corner to attempt to keep positive pressure in the case..

the only helpful tips i can provide is:

try to find the thiness double sided tape. the thicker it is the bigger the gap between the acrylic shee and you panel.
also try to find black double sided tape. I made the mistake using white and up close you can see the white tap, but if you use black should look sweet
post #4005 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by qweebo83 View Post

i would say it is a loose cable - recheck all connections

Checked absolutely everything, tried every configuration possible and nothing on the front IO works (so it's not a case of the reset switch not working but the USB is). I'll probably have to RMA it
post #4006 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post

Checked absolutely everything, tried every configuration possible and nothing on the front IO works (so it's not a case of the reset switch not working but the USB is). I'll probably have to RMA it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post

Checked absolutely everything, tried every configuration possible and nothing on the front IO works (so it's not a case of the reset switch not working but the USB is). I'll probably have to RMA it

sorry a little confused about your last post

USB is working in the front panel?
post #4007 of 4610
Sorry no, what I meant was I tested everything on the front IO separately and none of it worked, I then gave the example that it wasn't like the USB was working but the reset switch not. Which leads me to believe that the entire front IO is borked
post #4008 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by qweebo83 View Post

the only helpful tips i can provide is:

try to find the thiness double sided tape. the thicker it is the bigger the gap between the acrylic shee and you panel.
also try to find black double sided tape. I made the mistake using white and up close you can see the white tap, but if you use black should look sweet

I actually already got a roll of that 3M clear double sided tape that EVERY thread on window mods seems to talk about.. I've used some of it to restick some LED strips that had lost their stickyness... works really well.. and if I need to double up on the tape just to close the gap so be it....

My main issue right now is getting rid of the retaining tabs that held the mesh in.. I dont want them sticking out in my window.. though they arent THAT noticable.. but I would like a nice clean edge... perhaps after I figure out how to cut them out.. I will track down some of that u-channel stuff to make it look nice
Gamer/Daily use
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 ASrock AB350 Pro 4 Asus Strix Rx480 8gb corsair lpx 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Green Western Digital Green Samsung SSD Sony DVDR/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftech H220x2 Windows 10 Pro dell se2417hgr Razer Deathstalker 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M CM Storm Trooper Razer Orobourus 8500 dpi Corsair Vengeance MM200 430mm X 280mm 
Audio
Sennheiser HD280pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer/Daily use
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 ASrock AB350 Pro 4 Asus Strix Rx480 8gb corsair lpx 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Green Western Digital Green Samsung SSD Sony DVDR/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftech H220x2 Windows 10 Pro dell se2417hgr Razer Deathstalker 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M CM Storm Trooper Razer Orobourus 8500 dpi Corsair Vengeance MM200 430mm X 280mm 
Audio
Sennheiser HD280pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4009 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post

Sorry no, what I meant was I tested everything on the front IO separately and none of it worked, I then gave the example that it wasn't like the USB was working but the reset switch not. Which leads me to believe that the entire front IO is borked

correct me if im wrong, not a full computer guru but to me sounds like there is no power to the motherboard as all the front IO is plugged into your motherboard. - could be worth checking
post #4010 of 4610
Quote:
Originally Posted by qweebo83 View Post

correct me if im wrong, not a full computer guru but to me sounds like there is no power to the motherboard as all the front IO is plugged into your motherboard. - could be worth checking

No the PC is fully functioning, I'm writing this message on it right now. My motherboard has a start button on it that allows me to boot the PC up, logic dictates it's an issue with the IO circuitboard. I'm sent an RMA request to Corsair for a new front IO anyway
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club