Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club - Page 409

Poll Results: Which One(s) Do you Own?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 14% of voters (91)
    200R
  • 22% of voters (135)
    300R
  • 18% of voters (112)
    400R
  • 46% of voters (283)
    500R
612 Total Votes  
post #4081 of 4611
Okay so here's what I was up to the last two nights after the kids went to bed. The pics aren't the best and under the flash it looks like I need to clean the side of the case a bit, but I'm very happy with the result.





No case lighting yet, that's still to come. lol

Just want very slowly with the Dremel to make the cuts as neat as possible then sanded the edges and taped everything up to spray paint the exposed metal from the cuts/sanding.

So next up will be case lighting, sleeving cables and possibly painting the rings on the AF140 fans yellow to match the board. Although I'm kinda liking the yellow and red at the moment. Might even put the red heatsinks back on my RAM.
post #4082 of 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatant3219 View Post

Okay so here's what I was up to the last two nights after the kids went to bed. The pics aren't the best and under the flash it looks like I need to clean the side of the case a bit, but I'm very happy with the result.





No case lighting yet, that's still to come. lol

Just want very slowly with the Dremel to make the cuts as neat as possible then sanded the edges and taped everything up to spray paint the exposed metal from the cuts/sanding.

So next up will be case lighting, sleeving cables and possibly painting the rings on the AF140 fans yellow to match the board. Although I'm kinda liking the yellow and red at the moment. Might even put the red heatsinks back on my RAM.

let me know how the painting the fan rings turns out... I've been wanting to paint mine green to match my case.. I am using the white ones right now.. and you cant really see them as they are up at the top.. but I've thought about geting one for the back of the case
Gamer/Daily use
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 ASrock AB350 Pro 4 Asus Strix Rx480 8gb corsair lpx 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Green Western Digital Green Samsung SSD Sony DVDR/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftech H220x2 Windows 10 Pro dell se2417hgr Razer Deathstalker 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M CM Storm Trooper Razer Orobourus 8500 dpi Corsair Vengeance MM200 430mm X 280mm 
Audio
Sennheiser HD280pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer/Daily use
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 ASrock AB350 Pro 4 Asus Strix Rx480 8gb corsair lpx 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Green Western Digital Green Samsung SSD Sony DVDR/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftech H220x2 Windows 10 Pro dell se2417hgr Razer Deathstalker 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750M CM Storm Trooper Razer Orobourus 8500 dpi Corsair Vengeance MM200 430mm X 280mm 
Audio
Sennheiser HD280pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4083 of 4611
I'm wondering to buy 330R, but have some questions for owners:

1. Aren't stock fans noisy?
2. On my past case, the biggest issue was the clicking sound of hard drives (I'm owning two Caviar Black 1.5TB) which was heard as an echo throughout the case.
Are hard drives hearable in 330R and how loud?

Thanks.
post #4084 of 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke2 View Post

I'm wondering to buy 330R, but have some questions for owners:

1. Aren't stock fans noisy?
2. On my past case, the biggest issue was the clicking sound of hard drives (I'm owning two Caviar Black 1.5TB) which was heard as an echo throughout the case.
Are hard drives hearable in 330R and how loud?

Thanks.
Stock fans are noisy and front intake is very restricted and unmodular. I would much rather go for something like fractal design. I own the 300r but it seems some of the issues are carried over from that case. If your hard drive is being noisy you can try to mount them with rubber bands, someone can find you an example as im on the phone atm
post #4085 of 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiiKK View Post

Stock fans are noisy and front intake is very restricted and unmodular. I would much rather go for something like fractal design. I own the 300r but it seems some of the issues are carried over from that case. If your hard drive is being noisy you can try to mount them with rubber bands, someone can find you an example as im on the phone atm
It was Lian Li Lancool PC-K9X alluminium case. It was lightweight and it amplifies the sound of hard drives probably.
The case had also a rubber bands included, but sadly didn't help.

Some people also complaint on noisy hard drives in Fractal R4, so maybe CM Silencio 650 or 652 have well subdued solution for hard drives?
post #4086 of 4611
I have no experience of the mentioned cm cases, but i havent heard any conplaints. rolleyes.gif
post #4087 of 4611
Has any 200R owner ever tried to mount a 240 Rad to the side panel?
The Regulator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K MSI X99S SLI Plus MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Corsair Hydro Series H105 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC i2369Vm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 DK9087 Cherry MX Blue White LED EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Corsair Graphite 230T Logitech G600 
AudioAudio
Labtec Arena 485 2.1 Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
The Regulator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K MSI X99S SLI Plus MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Corsair Hydro Series H105 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC i2369Vm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 DK9087 Cherry MX Blue White LED EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Corsair Graphite 230T Logitech G600 
AudioAudio
Labtec Arena 485 2.1 Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4088 of 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTheuns View Post

Has any 200R owner ever tried to mount a 240 Rad to the side panel?
I dont know any but that would be very hard to manage, i mean you'd have to take it out every time you take off your sidepanel and it might not fit with tall GPUs
post #4089 of 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiiKK View Post

I dont know any but that would be very hard to manage, i mean you'd have to take it out every time you take off your sidepanel and it might not fit with tall GPUs
It would definetly be a PITA to remove the sidepanel.
The Regulator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K MSI X99S SLI Plus MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Corsair Hydro Series H105 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC i2369Vm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 DK9087 Cherry MX Blue White LED EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Corsair Graphite 230T Logitech G600 
AudioAudio
Labtec Arena 485 2.1 Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
The Regulator
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K MSI X99S SLI Plus MSI GeForce GTX 780Ti G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 Corsair Hydro Series H105 Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC i2369Vm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 DK9087 Cherry MX Blue White LED EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Corsair Graphite 230T Logitech G600 
AudioAudio
Labtec Arena 485 2.1 Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4090 of 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTheuns View Post

Has any 200R owner ever tried to mount a 240 Rad to the side panel?

Never seen one myself, But I could imagine the inconvenience of having a rad on the side panel, not very ideal imo. Plus, EPiiKK is right, that would definitely take the GPU space.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair Carbide Series Owners Club