Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Origin Account Bans Threatened for Playing on Modded Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT] Origin Account Bans Threatened for Playing on Modded Battlefield 3 Beta Servers - Page 10

post #91 of 123
I dont get it though, Does metro 64 player count as 64 players is the official limit tbh
Splash of blue
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4690k Asus Maximus VII Hero Titan X 16GB Kingston HyperX Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 1TB Prolimatech Megahalems Blue Windows 8.1 FTW Edition Asus PG348Q 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X Series 650w Silverstone FT05 Roccat Kone Pure Steelseries S&S 
Audio
Microlab Solo 9C 
  hide details  
Reply
Splash of blue
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 4690k Asus Maximus VII Hero Titan X 16GB Kingston HyperX Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial BX100 1TB Prolimatech Megahalems Blue Windows 8.1 FTW Edition Asus PG348Q 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X Series 650w Silverstone FT05 Roccat Kone Pure Steelseries S&S 
Audio
Microlab Solo 9C 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
You see yourself spending at least 5k on a lawyer just to file a class action lawsuit for 200$ worth of games (Arguably, let's say you have 4) in a lawsuit that EA will no doubt draw out.

So; now you're spending 10-20k on that lawyer...Just so you can find "just cause" when you could have originally just spent the 200$ buying new games again and saved over 19,600$+?

Sounds like a ridiculous waste of money to me.

When you did something that your parents asked you not to and they spanked you for it, regardless of how dumb it was, did you call child services against them? Or file a lawsuit?

Just sayin.
No. You can file a small claims suit in local court.

"Which claims can be brought as small claims?

Unless your suit is based upon property damage sustained in an automobile accident, it cannot exceed $7,000.00"

I wouldn't bother with a class action. You get nothing out of it.

And your argument is flawed. There have been several cases of people losing their steam accounts or original accounts without merit. It has nothing to do with your logic.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 2TB in Raid 1 HP dvd1040i Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Acer 21.5 Widescreen 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX Professional Series 850w 80 Plus Gold Antec 902 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 2TB in Raid 1 HP dvd1040i Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Acer 21.5 Widescreen 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX Professional Series 850w 80 Plus Gold Antec 902 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
You see yourself spending at least 5k on a lawyer just to file a class action lawsuit for 200$ worth of games (Arguably, let's say you have 4) in a lawsuit that EA will no doubt draw out.

So; now you're spending 10-20k on that lawyer...Just so you can find "just cause" when you could have originally just spent the 200$ buying new games again and saved over 19,600$+?

Sounds like a ridiculous waste of money to me.

When you did something that your parents asked you not to and they spanked you for it, regardless of how dumb it was, did you call child services against them? Or file a lawsuit?

Just sayin.
First of all, there is a difference between being punished as a child and as an adult a company trying to do the same thing. Also its not about the money, its about the user being wrongfully punished for their (EA's) mistakes since they are the ones that leaked out the server files.
Also, the servers are listed under their official server browser. Not the user's fault that they can't take care of their crap.
Besides, you said it yourself, they IP ban you therefore, you lose that "$200" of games and are unable to ever get another EA game, that uses Origin, which will be all future games produced by EA. And are unable to get your games back, unless of coarse you get them back through "Alternative Means" if you catch my drift. Joking aside, i would proudly torrent all my games back if they banned my account for something stupid like this. Granted i only have Battlefield 2142 and The Sims 2 on it but still.
post #94 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
No. You can file a small claims suit in local court.

"Which claims can be brought as small claims?

Unless your suit is based upon property damage sustained in an automobile accident, it cannot exceed $7,000.00"

I wouldn't bother with a class action. You get nothing out of it.

And your argument is flawed. There have been several cases of people losing their steam accounts or original accounts without merit. It has nothing to do with your logic.
My argument is that a small claims lawsuit gets you absolutely nothing against the "injustice" that apparently EA has caused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlo View Post
First of all, there is a difference between being punished as a child and as an adult a company trying to do the same thing. Also its not about the money, its about the user being wrongfully punished for their (EA's) mistakes since they are the ones that leaked out the server files.
Also, the servers are listed under their official server browser. Not the user's fault that they can't take care of their crap.
Besides, you said it yourself, they IP ban you therefore, you lose that "$200" of games and are unable to ever get another EA game, that uses Origin, which will be all future games produced by EA. And are unable to get your games back, unless of coarse you get them back through "Alternative Means" if you catch my drift. Joking aside, i would proudly torrent all my games back if they banned my account for something stupid like this. Granted i only have Battlefield 2142 and The Sims 2 on it but still.
You signed a EULA...

And like I said earlier, they're not actually banning you if you join the server once or twice...They're banning the people that facilitate and run those servers...HUGE difference.

Plus that, I believe the policy is that you actually have to pay for your server slot so, even if you got in alternatively, you would still have to "pay to play" which, as an admin, I actually see as being very fair.
post #95 of 123
People are ridiculous. It say your account can be banned, it does not mean it will. Its like the inactivity thing they reserve the right to do it but they probably won't unless they feel its necessary. I played on 64 conquest server for long time I'm still here. I don't play on them anymore cause i thought they were legit at the time.

Its like any time a company reserves the right to do something people freak out. Every distribution client I have used states in its EULA that it reserves the right to take everything away, even steam.

See how this plays out. I have a feeling its a deterrence method and hoping to scare people from them while they work on fixing the issue.
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
My argument is that a small claims lawsuit gets you absolutely nothing against the "injustice" that apparently EA has caused.



You signed a EULA...

And like I said earlier, they're not actually banning you if you join the server once or twice...They're banning the people that facilitate and run those servers...HUGE difference.

Plus that, I believe the policy is that you actually have to pay for your server slot so, even if you got in alternatively, you would still have to "pay to play" which, as an admin, I actually see as being very fair.
A small claims lawsuit in my favor, would give me my money back and some justice.

Having been using EA games since the early 90's, i've learned to not trust anything they say. I'm still bitter about them removing Madden from PC.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 2TB in Raid 1 HP dvd1040i Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Acer 21.5 Widescreen 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX Professional Series 850w 80 Plus Gold Antec 902 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 2TB in Raid 1 HP dvd1040i Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Acer 21.5 Widescreen 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX Professional Series 850w 80 Plus Gold Antec 902 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #97 of 123
Account gets banned, so?
the install files from bc2 and key are on my pc
I just need to make a new account and i am kicking asses again
Once again EPIC FAIL EA!
post #98 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post
Account gets banned, so?
the install files from bc2 and key are on my pc
I just need to make a new account and i am kicking asses again
Once again EPIC FAIL EA!
IP ban perhaps?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 2TB in Raid 1 HP dvd1040i Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Acer 21.5 Widescreen 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX Professional Series 850w 80 Plus Gold Antec 902 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 2TB in Raid 1 HP dvd1040i Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Acer 21.5 Widescreen 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX Professional Series 850w 80 Plus Gold Antec 902 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 123
I only do quick match (when it works -_-) and server browse for low ping servers (usually the US CA/TX ones). Last game though some random person called my name in chat so I replied and he said he's reporting me for joining a hacked server and that my stats were augmented lol. Should I be worried about anything though? No I have not intentionally joined any hacked servers either. That server was one of the 'TX' ones too.
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k ASrock Z270 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0 G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB  Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK windows 10 Home 64-bit asus vg236h 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
keycool 84  Seasonic SS-660XP2 Silverstone FT02B Nixeus Revel 
Audio
Audio-Technica ATH-A700 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k ASrock Z270 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0 G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB  Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK windows 10 Home 64-bit asus vg236h 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
keycool 84  Seasonic SS-660XP2 Silverstone FT02B Nixeus Revel 
Audio
Audio-Technica ATH-A700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 123
This is a bunch of doggy poo. man i wont play beta now and i am going to cancel my pre-order. because i wont know if i been playing on that crack server or not. it should be up to ea and dice to weed out the crack servers. I going to move my deadspace1,2 bf;bc2 to steam this is a bunch of crap. does that mean we all have to start a new account just for bf3?

man not looking good for ea or dice!!
 
A955 Phenomator
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @4.8ghz g1 sniper3 msi 660ti 3gb 32 gb mushkind silverline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
intel 180gb ssd ocz 120gb solid3 ocz 120gb vertex plus ocz 120gb vertex plus 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
ocz 120gb vertex plus seagate 3tb seagate 3tb lg bur-ay 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
noctuca d-14 windows 8 pro samsung 23in led samung 19in lcd w 
PowerCase
ocz-b 1000w shinobi xl black 
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
amd phenom2 955be 4.26ghz stable gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.1 CORSAIR XMS CORSAIR XMS 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ solid3 SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12  SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12  DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
mugen 2 WIN7 ULTIMATE 64BIT 1x24in Samsung LED s24sa300 and 1X19IN SAMSUNG ... Logisys red/blue led! 
PowerCase
thermaltake 750w Z9 plus with some fan mods! 
  hide details  
Reply
 
A955 Phenomator
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @4.8ghz g1 sniper3 msi 660ti 3gb 32 gb mushkind silverline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
intel 180gb ssd ocz 120gb solid3 ocz 120gb vertex plus ocz 120gb vertex plus 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
ocz 120gb vertex plus seagate 3tb seagate 3tb lg bur-ay 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
noctuca d-14 windows 8 pro samsung 23in led samung 19in lcd w 
PowerCase
ocz-b 1000w shinobi xl black 
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
amd phenom2 955be 4.26ghz stable gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 2.1 CORSAIR XMS CORSAIR XMS 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ solid3 SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12  SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12  DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
mugen 2 WIN7 ULTIMATE 64BIT 1x24in Samsung LED s24sa300 and 1X19IN SAMSUNG ... Logisys red/blue led! 
PowerCase
thermaltake 750w Z9 plus with some fan mods! 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Origin Account Bans Threatened for Playing on Modded Battlefield 3 Beta Servers