Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Frustrated Battlefield Rep Unloads on Ungrateful Community
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT] Frustrated Battlefield Rep Unloads on Ungrateful Community - Page 24  

post #231 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by being that guy View Post
I actually looked for your bullspit. It doesn't exist. You are full of crap and can only deflect.

How about I flip the script. No one claimed Caspian would be a beta map. No one claimed 64 players. No one claimed jets. Now get off your lazy ass and prove me wrong, otherwise you are full of it.

Let me guess, you won't, because you know you have nothing and can't admit you are completely wrong.
They did actually say we would have Caspian a lot of people on this forum saw it, however, they did delete the tweets like few days prior to the announcement of beta.
K Series
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 GTX 970  GSkillz 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
M500 128GB Windows 8.1 64-Bit Samsung 23" EDGE 750W 
Case
Fractal R4 
  hide details  
K Series
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 GTX 970  GSkillz 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
M500 128GB Windows 8.1 64-Bit Samsung 23" EDGE 750W 
Case
Fractal R4 
  hide details  
post #232 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
Son, your attempt at trolling is just sad. You're obviously not in the loop and haven't been paying attention to BF3. You might want to try pulling that crap over in the actual BF3 thread. Anyways, not my loss if people are uninformed. There will be plenty more like that after you.
I have payed attention to BF3 news longer than you. Years and years. I pre orderd a long time ago and I have checked news on the beta pretty much every day (I even pre ordered on Origin to get it early). Once again, you have nothing. Just something you got from rumors. You are misinformed. Much, much worse. It's not my fault you can't see through rumors. No wonder the guy from DICE is pissed. People like you make up stuff, and then get ticked when they don't get it.
post #233 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2142 View Post
They did actually say we would have Caspian a lot of people on this forum saw it, however, they did delete the tweets like few days prior to the announcement of beta.
Anything people saw on tweets were all rumors. There was never anything official. Even people within EA can start rumors. Until there is an official release you cannot believe anything leaked on twitter.

EA and DICE promised you none of those things. People got excited about random twitter posts that were corrected.
post #234 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
All hints at 64 player caspian for the beta have since been removed from their respective origins. Not to throw gas on this fire, but I follow almost every DICE dev who has a twitter and was under the impression that Caspian Border would be the beta map.

The kicker is that Caspian very well COULD have been the beta map, as it was included in the PC beta files and very playable at that. DICE just didn't, for whatever reason (probably EA pulling strings), want the PC version to be any more favored than it already (supposedly) is and get a completely different experience than consoles.

There are a lot of childish whining and not to mention that stupid, hollow, and not to mention overused threat "going to cancel my preorder" that gets thrown around every time people don't absolutely love every aspect of the game. A closed beta would have been MUCH better suited for the type of testing DICE needed, and would have a more focused and concise player base giving feedback.

Battlefield is going to be an amazing game, no doubt, but it isn't quite living up to my expectations of being a true BF2 sequel. Anyone who thinks otherwise: reload the AEK in BF3 and tell me that DICE didn't rip the reload animation RIGHT out of CoD. That alone was enough to make me doubt their motivations entirely.
and my point is EA never promised Caspian. That is what the poster stated. I said they were all rumors. People need to stop taking "hints" or rumors from twitter as fact. They were also all dispelled a long time ago. Why this is still a topic of dismay is laughable.
post #235 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by being that guy View Post
I have payed attention to BF3 news longer than you. Years and years. I pre orderd a long time ago and I have checked news on the beta pretty much every day (I even pre ordered on Origin to get it early). Once again, you have nothing. Just something you got from rumors. You are misinformed. Much, much worse. It's not my fault you can't see through rumors. No wonder the guy from DICE is pissed. People like you make up stuff, and then get ticked when they don't get it.
You claim to have been following BF3 longer than me yet you've never seen all these promises that everyone has seen... Yeah, that's believable.

Anyways, I have loved Battlefield since 1942 and owned every PC game so far but it feels like they're trying to change the series to be more child friendly. Hopefully everything turns out alright.
post #236 of 272
Quote:
and my point is EA never promised Caspian. That is what the poster stated. I said they were all rumors. People need to stop taking "hints" or rumors from twitter as fact. They were also all dispelled a long time ago. Why this is still a topic of dismay is laughable.
Triple posting? Gasp! You sir, need a break

Anyway, I agree. It's hard to reason with these people.
Edited by speud - 10/3/11 at 8:55pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k Asus p8p67 LE MSI GTX 570 TF III PE/OC 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 Viewsonic 27" Corsair TX750 750 watt NZXT Phantom Black 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k Asus p8p67 LE MSI GTX 570 TF III PE/OC 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 Viewsonic 27" Corsair TX750 750 watt NZXT Phantom Black 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
post #237 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayem View Post
Listen to this man!!!

And read my sig also!
Once again people bring age into all this, does it make you any different from 12-year olds if you just blame/insult kids that are 12???? Does it make you feel a moral high or something being dominant over a frikin age group?? Huh? I have seriously had it with these (supposedly) mature "adults" just keep calling 12 year-olds immature. And reading through this (fail) thread, 3/4 of it are biased age-based crap posts (this post included).

So please stop talking about "immature" 12-year olds.

There are actually 12 year olds reading this (me)
manako
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX 980 Ti Hybrid 16GB 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
240GB PNY H100i Win 10  Dell U3415w 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer Blackwidow 2013 EVGA 1000 G2 Fractal Define S 
  hide details  
manako
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX 980 Ti Hybrid 16GB 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
240GB PNY H100i Win 10  Dell U3415w 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer Blackwidow 2013 EVGA 1000 G2 Fractal Define S 
  hide details  
post #238 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by being that guy View Post
You might want to scroll through the thread a bit. Yet thank you for helping my statement...
That was a screw up fixed quickly.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ptember-4.html
Notice what you've said though, lets reflect.

Quote:
I actually looked for your bullspit. It doesn't exist. You are full of crap and can only deflect

Let me guess, you won't, because you know you have nothing and can't admit you are completely wrong.
It did exist, and he was not completely wrong and he did know something.
They announced it for early September, was it suddenly changed without him knowing? Yes. Even I thought it was early september too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
All hints at 64 player caspian for the beta have since been removed from their respective origins. Not to throw gas on this fire, but I follow almost every DICE dev who has a twitter and was under the impression that Caspian Border would be the beta map.

The kicker is that Caspian very well COULD have been the beta map, as it was included in the PC beta files and very playable at that. DICE just didn't, for whatever reason (probably EA pulling strings), want the PC version to be any more favored than it already (supposedly) is and get a completely different experience than consoles.

There are a lot of childish whining and not to mention that stupid, hollow, and not to mention overused threat "going to cancel my preorder" that gets thrown around every time people don't absolutely love every aspect of the game. A closed beta would have been MUCH better suited for the type of testing DICE needed, and would have a more focused and concise player base giving feedback.

Battlefield is going to be an amazing game, no doubt, but it isn't quite living up to my expectations of being a true BF2 sequel. Anyone who thinks otherwise: reload the AEK in BF3 and tell me that DICE didn't rip the reload animation RIGHT out of CoD. That alone was enough to make me doubt their motivations entirely.
^I agree with the above statement.

Everything pointed to caspian map in the beta. All of the expos, all of the videos, everything. To say that just because it wasn't directly said means that everyone is wrong and they needed to show proof of such statement is pretty radical.

It was probably mentioned or infered to on their twitter plenty. Alot of is clearly deleted, it's obvious DICE and its employees back peddle on ALOT as one of the forum posts clearly says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by being that guy View Post
I have payed attention to BF3 news longer than you. Years and years. I pre orderd a long time ago and I have checked news on the beta pretty much every day (I even pre ordered on Origin to get it early). Once again, you have nothing. Just something you got from rumors. You are misinformed. Much, much worse. It's not my fault you can't see through rumors. No wonder the guy from DICE is pissed. People like you make up stuff, and then get ticked when they don't get it.
They were not rumors, he wasn't misinformed, and he did had something especially the stupid early september twitter thing. DICE goes back on alot of things said and then covers it all up.
I've been paying attention to "BF3 news" since Battlefield 1942. The franchise has probably been one of the top 3 most influential in my life and I've always kept a close eye on it. Most of what was being said here, I had believed was going to be in the beta as well if not the alpha in some aspects at the time.
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
post #239 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post
You claim to have been following BF3 longer than me yet you've never seen all these promises that everyone has seen... Yeah, that's believable.

Anyways, I have loved Battlefield since 1942 and owned every PC game so far but it feels like they're trying to change the series to be more child friendly. Hopefully everything turns out alright.
They were no promises, they were rumors. That is all I ever took them for. There were no promises, only hints at best. I saw them all, and all of them were dispelled fairly quickly. People on here get all excited over twitter rumors and take them as fact. Official press releases are promises. Random twitter hints are bullcrap.
post #240 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
Notice what you've said though, lets reflect.



It did exist, and he was not completely wrong and he did know something.
They announced it for early September, was it suddenly changed without him knowing? Yes. Even I thought it was early september too.




^I agree with the above statement.

Everything pointed to caspian map in the beta. All of the expos, all of the videos, everything. To say that just because it wasn't directly said means that everyone is wrong and they needed to show proof of such statement is pretty radical.

It was probably mentioned or infered to on their twitter plenty. Alot of is clearly deleted, it's obvious DICE and its employees back peddle on ALOT as one of the forum posts clearly says.



They were not rumors, he wasn't misinformed, and he did had something especially the stupid early september twitter thing. DICE goes back on alot of things said and then covers it all up.
I've been paying attention to "BF3 news" since Battlefield 1942. The franchise has probably been one of the top 3 most influential in my life and I've always kept a close eye on it. Most of what was being said here, I had believed was going to be in the beta as well if not the alpha in some aspects at the time.
You followed BF3 news before there was even a BF2. Impressive.

I have also owned every Battlefield game and played BF1942 like it was my job.

Fact is, there was never an official news release they were going to include Caspian. The following of random twitter posts is becoming laughable, and they are often dispelled quickly. Sorry guys, you really need to stop taking everything on Twitter as fact. Even within EA and DICE they start rumors and post them. Yet until there is an official release, they are just that, rumors. No one was promised anything.

BTW...that twitter post was changed the same day. So either he is not up on the news like he claimed, or decided to ignore what he didn't like. It was a mistake, which was proven by the fact it was changed the same day.
Edited by being that guy - 10/3/11 at 9:03pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Frustrated Battlefield Rep Unloads on Ungrateful Community