Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[KT] Frustrated Battlefield Rep Unloads on Ungrateful Community

23K views 271 replies 143 participants last post by  gtarmanrob 
#1 ·
Quote:

About a week before the Battlefield 3 beta began, the game's community manager had decided he'd heard enough shrill complaining about the fact that "Operation Metro" and not some other map would the only one playable. And so he went off.

http://kotaku.com/5845851/frustrated...eful-community

• Rep+
Reactions: 4.54billionyears
#5 ·
Yeah its the community that is ungrateful because we make sure that he even have a job.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStealthyOne;15150762
It's a beta, people should whine.
No, they should provide constructive criticism. Not cry like a bunch of babies
wink.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: Frankzro
#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgfdsa;15150780
Yeah its the community that is ungrateful because we make sure that he even have a job.
kookoo.gif
it is the ungrateful kids who should shut up. They never had to deal with the entitled generation with bf1942, bf2 or any game after that, the kids these days are entitled beyond understanding it.

They grew up on cell phones, tablets, pc's, xbox, ps3 and somehow feel that stuff is owed to them. I for one back this guy 100% and would testify to it. I am tired of the entitled generation and there incessant whining in every beta of every game.

They should all be thrown 20 years back into the past to see how life was like before all these technological toys were invented. Then just then maybe they will develop a true understanding of it and appreciate it. but i doubt it.

#12 ·
There is tons of whining over at the ea forums. Yeah metro sucks which is why i've played maybe an hour of the beta but that doesn't mean i'm going to whine and complain and cancel my preorder. In fact i intend to go with 2 hardcore 64 players servers for launch day instead of just one. Karkand and i'm not sure what other map. Maybe wake depending on how it is.

#14 ·
I can see his point, people don't seem to understand the level of work involved to create a game. It takes years of development time, just for some kid so complain it sucks in some form or another. The comments and anger thrown about by some of these youngsters (and mature adults) gives you a sure perspective on the youth of today.

Disrespectful, Selfish babies that won't amount to anything in their lifes and care more about a game than their education or family. It's pathetic...

#16 ·
If DICE actually made more of an effort to acknowledge what areas of feedback they are taking on board then people would feel less worried about the current state of the game.

Simply saying "um... its a beta, duh" doesn't instil any faith that some of the desperately needed changes will actually appear in the retail version of the game. It does indeed seem that, just with BC2 and its beta, there are too many significant changes to make - but not enough time to make them...

A simple, "yeah, we've read what you guys think and we're going to do this... but not this... for these reasons..." is all it needs. Instead, everyone is left in the dark, (apart from a list of random and fairly insignificant bug fixes), leading to the huge amount of forum abuse.

If your customers are dissatisfied, surely its a good idea to reassure them?

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunapiano;15150838
it is the ungrateful kids who should shut up. They never had to deal with the entitled generation with bf1942, bf2 or any game after that, the kids these days are entitled beyond understanding it.

They grew up on cell phones, tablets, pc's, xbox, ps3 and somehow feel that stuff is owed to them. I for one back this guy 100% and would testify to it. I am tired of the entitled generation and there incessant whining in every beta of every game.

They should all be thrown 20 years back into the past to see how life was like before all these technological toys were invented. Then just then maybe they will develop a true understanding of it and appreciate it. but i doubt it.
I am not a youngster myself and i dont see why you need to bring age into it.

We definitely agree on the matter of the level behind the "constructive critism" isnt very high but to attack them the way you do i can't agree on.

It is a beta, yes. It isnt the finished game, no. Sure that is what most of us think and know but goddamn we should speak our mind so we can get a little influence to a thing we actually pay for in the finished product.

You forget that people who buy the game finance the company therefore we should be able to speak our mind - atleast.

The thing i think people are upset about is that they arent DICE anymore but a subdivision of EA aka milk as much as we can and then move on to the next before we actually consider making changes for the community.

If anybody feels that what they have shown so far deserve the name Battlefield i cannot agree on because of 1 simple thing - no modding is encouraged and that worries me even though it was expected
smile.gif

#19 ·
I'm still against the decision. Giving CB as a beta map would give the chance to test so much more than Metro does. Long distance bullet physics, high population server loads, graphic stressing, vehicle balance, and larger scale destruction would've been available to fix. To me, giving Metro as the only beta map is just stupid in any way you look at it.

EDIT: Not to mention, if they didn't intend to "win people over" or demo their product, they wouldn't have made it an open beta. A lot of excuses being given to Dice over this issue.

#20 ·
Yeah there really are too many whiners, sure I think its kind dumb they didnt showcase caspian border as there would be alot of stuff to actually beta test on that map, I thought metro was already tested in alpha. However I am not going to whine about it and prematurely cancel my preorder. I would think these people never played a beta or a battlefield game at all. Every battlefield game I have played since 1942 has had a host of bugs especially on launch, but there is no other game like it.

#22 ·
apparently people dont like to be teased with the caspian border map and having to play the metro map. I for one am awfully grateful that I have the opportunity to participate in the BETA!! Grated their are some bugs but isn't that what we are supposed to report to make the game play better when it does get released??

I hate all the whiners!!!

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunapiano
View Post

modding is the last thing i care about. This game fully deserves the name battlefield. This beta isn't even close to what the game will be like, it's a month behind the actual game as far as development. For people to whine that the game sucks or the that metro sucks is just ignorance.

A month isn't that far off in the development process. If you believe the game will be 100% fixed by ship date, then keep believing although I doubt it considering their track record with other battlefields.

#24 ·
I like that MOST of the posters on this thread seem to understand the basic path of development.
Perhaps this is why game devs no longer release a polished product at the get-go, because if they don't charge for the beta, people will cancel orders because of the issues existent in the BETA...
If you want a more polished product, complaining that they aren't giving you the map you want to play test isn't the way to go about it.

An Open Beta is a two-way street. It's nice because it's free to play, and the only reason it's free is because its only function is to help the developers. Demanding a certain map or feature in the open beta is no different from spamming the message boards saying you want the game for free. That's not the purpose.

It's a shame though that he mostly only sees the whiners. For every whiner, there's gotta be at least 50 other people happily playtesting the beta and appreciating all the parts that work well, while realizing that the obvious bugs are reported and will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.