Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › HD 6990 and BF3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD 6990 and BF3 - Page 6

post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
Not sure why everyone is up in arms about the purchase. Money isn't an issue, i want something new and am willing to lose perhaps alittle performance in the process.
I'm in the same boat as you lol. In the process of getting either Sapphire or XFX 6990. I love my 480s, but having 2 of them in such a tight space on my Mobo makes the first card burner hotter than it should. I would say the 6990s should perform at or above 480 SLIs, worth it? For me, yeah, it's worth it. It allow me to get rid of some old cards to someone who can probably use it better or need it more, and give me something new to mess around with.
Blue Bunny
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme Zotac GeForce GTX 680 32GB DDR3 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120GB OCZ SSD 120 GB Mushkin SSD 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung T260 26in/Acer G24 Razer Black Widow Ultimate Ultra X3 1600w PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 932 Razer Lachesis/Razer Mamba/Cyborg RAT 7/Logitec... steelseries PINK!!! Razer Megalodon/Corsair Vengeance 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Bunny
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme Zotac GeForce GTX 680 32GB DDR3 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120GB OCZ SSD 120 GB Mushkin SSD 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Samsung T260 26in/Acer G24 Razer Black Widow Ultimate Ultra X3 1600w PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 932 Razer Lachesis/Razer Mamba/Cyborg RAT 7/Logitec... steelseries PINK!!! Razer Megalodon/Corsair Vengeance 2000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbaldwin86 View Post
590 is SLI... it is two GPUs it works the same way as having two 580s in your system

but that isn't the point... the point is BF3 beta only supports ONE GPU
So mind telling me why my crossfire 6970 works in BF3 beta then, along with a lot of other people I know who are running multiple gpus just fine with BF3 beta. You have to remember Windowed mode games cannot use more then 1 gpu, you have to be in full screen mode for it to use more gpus
post #53 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedCow View Post
I'm in the same boat as you lol. In the process of getting either Sapphire or XFX 6990. I love my 480s, but having 2 of them in such a tight space on my Mobo makes the first card burner hotter than it should. I would say the 6990s should perform at or above 480 SLIs, worth it? For me, yeah, it's worth it. It allow me to get rid of some old cards to someone who can probably use it better or need it more, and give me something new to mess around with.
Avoid the XFX. It has stickers on the back screws so you cant remove the heatsinks without voiding the warranty
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
Avoid the XFX. It has stickers on the back screws so you cant remove the heatsinks without voiding the warranty
XFX stated on their website its fine to remove the stickers for the heatsink, just got to make sure to put the heatsink back intact.
post #55 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azianai View Post
XFX stated on their website its fine to remove the stickers for the heatsink, just got to make sure to put the heatsink back intact.
After the thread i read the other day about XFX on this forum i'll never waste my money on them again
post #56 of 56
with my 2x6970's@ 950/5800 im getting :

outdoor ultra : 70-100 fps.

Indoor : 100-150fps.

1920*1200
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 4.8GHZ 1.35V MSI Z97 M-Power EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
4x1TB 7,200RPM , 1x128GB Samsung SSD 1x 128GB K... Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Samsung SA950D+ Optoma HD82 Antec 1000W Platinum 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 4.8GHZ 1.35V MSI Z97 M-Power EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
4x1TB 7,200RPM , 1x128GB Samsung SSD 1x 128GB K... Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Samsung SA950D+ Optoma HD82 Antec 1000W Platinum 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Logitech G7 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › HD 6990 and BF3