Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Heatsink For A 2600K?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heatsink For A 2600K? - Page 4

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr3ckin_Cr3w View Post
FYI, those two coolers are HUGE. For around the same price you can get the H60 or H70. Corsair premade water coolers are extremely efficient. I have the V8 GT on my 2600k and extremely regret purcasing it because of its size.
v10 isnt that big if you take off the ugly hood

HAF silent-X
(18 items)
 
chargin ma lazor
(12 photos)
Nibble the World!
(1 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xtreme QX9770 @4GHz Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Sapphire HD 6970 2GB cooled by Alpenföhn Peter 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Sapphire HD 6950 @ 6970 [for sale] 16GB Geil Value Plus DDR3 @1600Mhz Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD SAMSUNG SpinPoint F3 7200 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Thermalright Archon PP 2x TY-140 Win7 x64 Enterprise Sony 42" LED Backlight LCD TV 1080p HD+ Seasonic M12D 850W 80+ Gold 
CaseOther
Cooler Master HAF-X Scythe Kaze Master 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF silent-X
(18 items)
 
chargin ma lazor
(12 photos)
Nibble the World!
(1 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Xtreme QX9770 @4GHz Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Sapphire HD 6970 2GB cooled by Alpenföhn Peter 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Sapphire HD 6950 @ 6970 [for sale] 16GB Geil Value Plus DDR3 @1600Mhz Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD SAMSUNG SpinPoint F3 7200 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Thermalright Archon PP 2x TY-140 Win7 x64 Enterprise Sony 42" LED Backlight LCD TV 1080p HD+ Seasonic M12D 850W 80+ Gold 
CaseOther
Cooler Master HAF-X Scythe Kaze Master 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 47
I would get an H100 or an H80/H60 if you don't have room for an H100. These units are closed loop and maintenance free.
First Build :)
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Lacie  Lite-On iHAS424-98 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit BenQ 2420T Samsung Syncmaster 19in 910T Samsung Syncmaster 19in 910T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 Corsair AX850 Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper Creative X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build :)
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F3 Lacie  Lite-On iHAS424-98 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit BenQ 2420T Samsung Syncmaster 19in 910T Samsung Syncmaster 19in 910T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 Corsair AX850 Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper Creative X-Fi Titanium HD  Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTweetyBird View Post
I would get an H100 or an H80/H60 if you don't have room for an H100. These units are closed loop and maintenance free.
I agree.

I'm seeing awesome temps at 4.8GHz with an H100.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 47
A couple of other air cooling choices for you to look at here, besides the V10 and the Megahalems. I haven't tested the V10, but I have tested the Megahalems in both it's original config and the Rev. B version and frankly, you can do better for the money. They do perform well, but are beaten by the likes of the TRUE Rev. C, Venomous X, NH-D14, NZXT Havik 140 and several others. But if you want to look at a Prolimatech model, you might want to check around for a Genesis. I am presently testing one on my 930 test rig and without actually crunching the numbers yet (haven't made all the runs with 3 remounts) and seeing what the average temps were actually, it looks to be pretty good. And even better, it's looking like it performs well with quieter fans such as the GT AP15 fans and it will also take 140 mm fans with no problems. Another bonus is that one heatpipe stack is layed over horizontally to the mobo over the ram slots and the air from the fan on that heatpipe stack blows across your ram and the mobo components around the socket. An interesting design and shows some real "out of the box" thinking by Prolimatech. And the layed over heatpipe stack looks to give pretty good clearance for ram that has tall heatspreaders too. I don't think the Hyper X T1's in my main system would have interference problems with the cooler and they have some very tall heatspreaders.

I wish I could link to some of my reviews for you, but that isn't allowed here.
post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddocktor View Post
A couple of other air cooling choices for you to look at here, besides the V10 and the Megahalems. I haven't tested the V10, but I have tested the Megahalems in both it's original config and the Rev. B version and frankly, you can do better for the money. They do perform well, but are beaten by the likes of the TRUE Rev. C, Venomous X, NH-D14, NZXT Havik 140 and several others. But if you want to look at a Prolimatech model, you might want to check around for a Genesis. I am presently testing one on my 930 test rig and without actually crunching the numbers yet (haven't made all the runs with 3 remounts) and seeing what the average temps were actually, it looks to be pretty good. And even better, it's looking like it performs well with quieter fans such as the GT AP15 fans and it will also take 140 mm fans with no problems. Another bonus is that one heatpipe stack is layed over horizontally to the mobo over the ram slots and the air from the fan on that heatpipe stack blows across your ram and the mobo components around the socket. An interesting design and shows some real "out of the box" thinking by Prolimatech. And the layed over heatpipe stack looks to give pretty good clearance for ram that has tall heatspreaders too. I don't think the Hyper X T1's in my main system would have interference problems with the cooler and they have some very tall heatspreaders.

I wish I could link to some of my reviews for you, but that isn't allowed here.
Thanks for this, It has given me more to think about (:
New Rig
(19 items)
 
Old Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus p8Z77-V Deluxe (Socket LGA1155) GeForce GTX 680 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 2GB Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS Mushkin Chronos 180GB SSD 2 TB Samsung HDD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22Ns70 22x DVDRW Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO 2 Dual Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 23" AOC 2341 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" AOC 2341 Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard 860W Seasonic P-860 Platinum  IN WIN Dragon Rider Black Full Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte GM-M6880 xRaider Flexiglow Mousepad Realtek Audio Sound Thingy 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 540 Gigabyte H55M-ED55 (MS-7635) Nvidia GTX 560Ti 6GB Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Hard Drive 2x GH22Nss50 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit 2x 23" AOC Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard Serena 850W Lian Li PC-K58B Lancool (Beast) Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow XRaider Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(19 items)
 
Old Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus p8Z77-V Deluxe (Socket LGA1155) GeForce GTX 680 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 2GB Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS Mushkin Chronos 180GB SSD 2 TB Samsung HDD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22Ns70 22x DVDRW Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO 2 Dual Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 23" AOC 2341 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" AOC 2341 Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard 860W Seasonic P-860 Platinum  IN WIN Dragon Rider Black Full Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte GM-M6880 xRaider Flexiglow Mousepad Realtek Audio Sound Thingy 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 540 Gigabyte H55M-ED55 (MS-7635) Nvidia GTX 560Ti 6GB Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Hard Drive 2x GH22Nss50 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit 2x 23" AOC Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard Serena 850W Lian Li PC-K58B Lancool (Beast) Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow XRaider Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 47
Any quality cooler should do, But most popular ones are H50, Hyper 212+ and NH-D14
My system (AMD)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE "Deneb" @ 3415Mhz Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 (1x) Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5770 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 500GB, 1x 1TB external Windows 7 Ultimate Deep Blue 32bit 1x Asus VE248H 24" Monitor Tt eSPORTS Challenger Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake 550w Aero Cool Syclone II Logitech MX518 1800DPI Red Mousepad 
Audio
Creative Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My system (AMD)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE "Deneb" @ 3415Mhz Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 (1x) Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5770 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 500GB, 1x 1TB external Windows 7 Ultimate Deep Blue 32bit 1x Asus VE248H 24" Monitor Tt eSPORTS Challenger Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake 550w Aero Cool Syclone II Logitech MX518 1800DPI Red Mousepad 
Audio
Creative Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89 View Post
I would get a cooler better than the TX3.

It should be sufficient to cool your CPU at stock speeds but I wouldn't count on it keeping up with higher heat loads.

Especially if you're getting such a nice board as the Extreme7 you can spend a bit more to get a better cooler.
The Tx3 ( push pull with quality speed fans ) can cool my 2500k @ 4.5ghz . max temp after 12 hours of prime95 was 76 . When playing GTA IV it in the mid 40s-low50's .

For 4.5 a TX3 is fine , but for a bit extra i would recommend the 212+ .

Ps: I only use my Tx3 since i already had it when i upgraded .
Blue Bridge
(14 items)
 
Mobile Fortress
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.5Ghz ASRock P67 PRO3 B3 PNY Quadro M4000 Kingston HyperX 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial BX100 250 Western Digital Caviar Black Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro X64 / OpenSUSE 13,2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CrossOver LED-P 2560x1440 60hz S-IPS 27" Microsoft N.E.K 4000 CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1000W Chieftech AEGIS Full tower 
MouseAudio
CM Storm Reaper ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Llano A6 3400m Lenovo Torpedo A55/A60M 54CN18WW Radeon HD 6520G Radeon HD 6650M 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OEM Lenovo DDR 1333  Hitachi 750GB CD/DVD/DL/RW burner Stock laptop cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 x64 Pro 15.6' LED 1366X768 Onboard 6Cell battery 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Multi touch touchpad + a CM Storm Reaper Realtek Lossless audio Wacom CTH470 digitizer 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Bridge
(14 items)
 
Mobile Fortress
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.5Ghz ASRock P67 PRO3 B3 PNY Quadro M4000 Kingston HyperX 32GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial BX100 250 Western Digital Caviar Black Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 10 Pro X64 / OpenSUSE 13,2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
CrossOver LED-P 2560x1440 60hz S-IPS 27" Microsoft N.E.K 4000 CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1000W Chieftech AEGIS Full tower 
MouseAudio
CM Storm Reaper ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Llano A6 3400m Lenovo Torpedo A55/A60M 54CN18WW Radeon HD 6520G Radeon HD 6650M 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OEM Lenovo DDR 1333  Hitachi 750GB CD/DVD/DL/RW burner Stock laptop cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 x64 Pro 15.6' LED 1366X768 Onboard 6Cell battery 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Multi touch touchpad + a CM Storm Reaper Realtek Lossless audio Wacom CTH470 digitizer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 47
I'd recommend a Silver Arrow. Great cooling and two 140mm quality PWM fans, so it's quiet as well. Only downside is its size (but air coolers have to be big in order to cool the best).

Alternatively you could go for a Corsair H80 or the Antec equivalent, but I'm not sure how quiet those units are. They'll look better in your case though (but you lose the extra airflow an aircooler would give you).

If you just want very decent performance without breaking the bank you could just get a Hyper 212+.
ISIS mainframe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz AsRock Z68 Pro3 Gainward GTX 560 "Phantom" 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel 320 SSD 120 gb Win7 x64 Dell 2209WA Corsair AX750 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R3 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
ISIS mainframe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz AsRock Z68 Pro3 Gainward GTX 560 "Phantom" 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel 320 SSD 120 gb Win7 x64 Dell 2209WA Corsair AX750 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R3 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 47
I did this with Prolimatech cooler, two Silverstone 121FM in push/pull at full speed. The Prolimatech is incredible, but require a lot of air coming through the chassis, from the front and outside the top behind. People that havent had the luck with these coolers didnt take the FAN part serious. Do that and you got something that can really do the job. And if you want to go extreme, you can always plug speedier fans.





The problem with all the H50, H70, H80 and H100 etc. are that most chassis arent really build for them. The radiator needs the cold air from outside the chassis, where the ambient temperature air will cool it down, not from the warm air (typically 15c+) generated from chipsets, graphics card, memory etc. - which produce loads of hot air when playing games. These radiators need to be equiped in the low front area or it the buttom of the computer chassis pushing air inside and that is not really the case on any of the configuration I have seen so far. To solve this you can remount the fans to push air in from the back, but that will ruin the ATX formfactor airflow. Furthermore you have a pump that generate a little heat sitting directly on top of the CPU, which doesnt really help the situation. The best of these I have tried though is the H80, which comes default with a push/pull configuration. Its just so huge that it will cover most of the VRM heatsinks if you equip it in you chassis where the normal FAN are sitting to make airflow. That makes the VRM heatsinks to be covered from the fresh air, which again is a bad point, especially if you do OC your system.

A friend of mine upgraded Alienware Aurora i7-975 with watercooling to a 2600k with a brand new H100, and the way they equip these radiatiors inside is just plain stupid. Both idle and game temps are horrible, and close to max on as low as 4.7Ghz.

No matter what you end up with, I would go for push/pull and be sure that you get a good amount of fresh air in, and be sure that it is sucked out in the upper back part of the chassis.

Since I took the screenshot I upgraded my cooler too, and I have it pushing air in from the front, it wont get heated because of the high velocity, and it will then be pushed directly over graphics cards, memory, chipset etc, from serious fans sitting on the inner side of it:


And thats with 140mm FANs on both side of the radiator doing push/pull. I did not have any heat issues, and I still dont:-)
Edited by qwwwizx - 10/9/11 at 4:08am
Water-Rig
(25 items)
 
Chiller-Rig
(18 items)
 
work
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC Corsair Dominator GT2133 CL9-10-9-24-2T 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Platinum 2400 CL10-12-12-31-2T  Avexir Core Series 2800 CL12-14-14-35-2T OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS  Corsair Force 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7, x64 Ultimate BenQ 24" XL2410T (120hz) SteelSeries 6GV2 Silverstone Strider Gold 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Stacker 830 SteelSeries Xai Laser RUSE Gaming SteelSeries Logitech G35 
OtherOtherOtherOther
HWlabs Black-Ice SR-1 420 Radiator 3 x Prolimatech 140mm 3 x Silverstone Airpenetrator 141 3x Silverstone 121FM Fans (gfx) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
1x Swifttech MCP35x + MCP35x reservoir  EK Water Blocks Nichel-Acetal Supr. HF CPU EK Water Blocks Copper-Plexi Supr. HF VGA 2m ½" tube 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 641 Asus Maximus Formula x38 Nvidia Geforce 7300LE Samsung PC5300 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 8x TECs, 50x50x41mm (288 couple) 35v 2x Phobya Temperature displays Neoprene tube 19/13 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
4x Dominator GT waterblocks 1x EK CPU Supreme HF 2x EK DC 4 Pump  2x EK basic 250ml cylinder reservoirs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
1x HWlabs GTX360 Scythe 3000 rpm 120x38mm 3x Enermax 120mm fans  Windows XP 
PowerCase
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Fujitsu Siemens 
  hide details  
Reply
Water-Rig
(25 items)
 
Chiller-Rig
(18 items)
 
work
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC Corsair Dominator GT2133 CL9-10-9-24-2T 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Platinum 2400 CL10-12-12-31-2T  Avexir Core Series 2800 CL12-14-14-35-2T OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS  Corsair Force 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7, x64 Ultimate BenQ 24" XL2410T (120hz) SteelSeries 6GV2 Silverstone Strider Gold 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Stacker 830 SteelSeries Xai Laser RUSE Gaming SteelSeries Logitech G35 
OtherOtherOtherOther
HWlabs Black-Ice SR-1 420 Radiator 3 x Prolimatech 140mm 3 x Silverstone Airpenetrator 141 3x Silverstone 121FM Fans (gfx) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
1x Swifttech MCP35x + MCP35x reservoir  EK Water Blocks Nichel-Acetal Supr. HF CPU EK Water Blocks Copper-Plexi Supr. HF VGA 2m ½" tube 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 641 Asus Maximus Formula x38 Nvidia Geforce 7300LE Samsung PC5300 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 8x TECs, 50x50x41mm (288 couple) 35v 2x Phobya Temperature displays Neoprene tube 19/13 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
4x Dominator GT waterblocks 1x EK CPU Supreme HF 2x EK DC 4 Pump  2x EK basic 250ml cylinder reservoirs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
1x HWlabs GTX360 Scythe 3000 rpm 120x38mm 3x Enermax 120mm fans  Windows XP 
PowerCase
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Fujitsu Siemens 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwwwizx View Post
I did this with Prolimatech cooler, two Silverstone 121FM in push/pull at full speed. The Prolimatech is incredible, but require a lot of air coming through the chassis, from the front and outside the top behind. People that havent had the luck with these coolers didnt take the FAN part serious. Do that and you got something that can really do the job. And if you want to go extreme, you can always plug speedier fans.





The problem with all the H50, H70, H80 and H100 etc. are that most chassis arent really build for them. The radiator needs the cold air from outside the chassis, where the ambient temperature air will cool it down, not from the warm air (typically 15c+) generated from chipsets, graphics card, memory etc. - which produce loads of hot air when playing games. These radiators need to be equiped in the low front area or it the buttom of the computer chassis pushing air inside and that is not really the case on any of the configuration I have seen so far. To solve this you can remount the fans to push air in from the back, but that will ruin the ATX formfactor airflow. Furthermore you have a pump that generate a little heat sitting directly on top of the CPU, which doesnt really help the situation. The best of these I have tried though is the H80, which comes default with a push/pull configuration. Its just so huge that it will cover most of the VRM heatsinks if you equip it in you chassis where the normal FAN are sitting to make airflow. That makes the VRM heatsinks to be covered from the fresh air, which again is a bad point, especially if you do OC your system.

A friend of mine upgraded Alienware Aurora i7-975 with watercooling to a 2600k with a brand new H100, and the way they equip these radiatiors inside is just plain stupid. Both idle and game temps are horrible, and close to max on as low as 4.7Ghz.

No matter what you end up with, I would go for push/pull and be sure that you get a good amount of fresh air in, and be sure that it is sucked out in the upper back part of the chassis.

Since I took the screenshot I upgraded my cooler too, and I have it pushing air in from the front, it wont get heated because of the high velocity, and it will then be pushed directly over graphics cards, memory, chipset etc, from serious fans sitting on the inner side of it:


And thats with 140mm FANs on both side of the radiator doing push/pull. I did not have any heat issues, and I still dont:-)
Wow, Thanks for that It has made me come to a 90% decision over what cooler to get.
Also, Could you post some Temps that you get on Idle/Load I think that would be enough to make my decision (:
New Rig
(19 items)
 
Old Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus p8Z77-V Deluxe (Socket LGA1155) GeForce GTX 680 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 2GB Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS Mushkin Chronos 180GB SSD 2 TB Samsung HDD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22Ns70 22x DVDRW Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO 2 Dual Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 23" AOC 2341 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" AOC 2341 Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard 860W Seasonic P-860 Platinum  IN WIN Dragon Rider Black Full Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte GM-M6880 xRaider Flexiglow Mousepad Realtek Audio Sound Thingy 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 540 Gigabyte H55M-ED55 (MS-7635) Nvidia GTX 560Ti 6GB Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Hard Drive 2x GH22Nss50 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit 2x 23" AOC Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard Serena 850W Lian Li PC-K58B Lancool (Beast) Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow XRaider Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(19 items)
 
Old Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770k Asus p8Z77-V Deluxe (Socket LGA1155) GeForce GTX 680 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 2GB Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS Mushkin Chronos 180GB SSD 2 TB Samsung HDD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22Ns70 22x DVDRW Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO 2 Dual Fan Windows 7 Home Premium 23" AOC 2341 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" AOC 2341 Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard 860W Seasonic P-860 Platinum  IN WIN Dragon Rider Black Full Tower 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Gigabyte GM-M6880 xRaider Flexiglow Mousepad Realtek Audio Sound Thingy 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 540 Gigabyte H55M-ED55 (MS-7635) Nvidia GTX 560Ti 6GB Mushkin Blackline 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Hard Drive 2x GH22Nss50 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit 2x 23" AOC Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Keyboard Serena 850W Lian Li PC-K58B Lancool (Beast) Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow XRaider Mouse Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Heatsink For A 2600K?