Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [NW] Apple calls out Microsoft for slow adoption of Windows 7, slants the facts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[NW] Apple calls out Microsoft for slow adoption of Windows 7, slants the facts - Page 9  

post #81 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post
To be honest. imacs are not overpriced anymore. the 27" is about $150-200 less then if you purchased the parts and built an exact rig. the smaller ones(24"/21") are only $100-$150 over parts, but its alot better than dell/hp.

the way he was distorting fact was funny. its almost like at the bottom of those graphs in tiny letters were this

"poll taken at apple stores on the 3rd Tuesday of the 2nd month following a lunar eclipse."



All windows 7 is a cleaned, better version of Vista....its what vista should have been when it was first released.
an imac is just a laptop that you can't move around. its horrible.
my pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.5ghz Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Radeon HD 6870 900/1015 1050/1130 8 GB Gskills Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200rpm LightScribe Media All in One Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitor 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
wut? Rosewill HIVE Series 750w Rosewill Atx Midtower Case wut? 
Mouse Pad
nope 
  hide details  
my pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.5ghz Asrock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 Radeon HD 6870 900/1015 1050/1130 8 GB Gskills Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 7200rpm LightScribe Media All in One Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitor 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
wut? Rosewill HIVE Series 750w Rosewill Atx Midtower Case wut? 
Mouse Pad
nope 
  hide details  
post #82 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepancakez View Post
an imac is just a laptop that you can't move around. its horrible.
It's a desktop that has a very small footprint on your desk. Rawr.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
post #83 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
It's a desktop that has a very small footprint on your desk. Rawr.

Just be careful the maid doesn't knock it over.
post #84 of 143
He's just giving a speech to make an appearance in front of his team and figured hey why not rib Microsoft a little. Seriously, people read too much into things.

Of course adoption is going to be quicker fewer Macs than there are Microsoft based systems.
Mira
(17 items)
 
R a z a N e u n
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2400S ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 AMD Radeon R9 390 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB Western Digital WD50000LPLX LG BR/DVD/CD Burner Air Nation 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home RCA 32" 1080p RCA 32" 1080p LG 32" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Devastator II Ultra 1000w PC Voodoo Rage Cooler Master Devastator II 
Mouse Pad
Custom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 EP45-UD3L ATI Radeon HD 6950 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital LiteON DVD+-RW ArcticCooling CPU | 4x 80mm Case Fans Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 46" + LG 32" Logitech G15 Silverstone ST60F 600W VoodooPC Rage D:100 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech VX Revolution Vera Wang AltecLansing 5.1 300W Surround 
  hide details  
Mira
(17 items)
 
R a z a N e u n
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2400S ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 AMD Radeon R9 390 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB Western Digital WD50000LPLX LG BR/DVD/CD Burner Air Nation 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home RCA 32" 1080p RCA 32" 1080p LG 32" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Devastator II Ultra 1000w PC Voodoo Rage Cooler Master Devastator II 
Mouse Pad
Custom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 EP45-UD3L ATI Radeon HD 6950 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital LiteON DVD+-RW ArcticCooling CPU | 4x 80mm Case Fans Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 46" + LG 32" Logitech G15 Silverstone ST60F 600W VoodooPC Rage D:100 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech VX Revolution Vera Wang AltecLansing 5.1 300W Surround 
  hide details  
post #85 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
I think the biggest difference is MS didn't charge anyone for Windows 7 SP1.
SP1 doesnt give Windows 7 new features or tweaks. It's a security and bug patch pack. (look at Event Viewer and see all the previous patches it's installing).

Lion however, gives you added features (AirDrop, for some newer macbooks, Internet Restore, etc.). The point updates for OS X are not equivalent to service packs.

If you look at numbers, of course MS is going to beat out Apple simply due to market share. I guess more Apple users have adopted Lion than Windows users adopted 7. Heck, a lot of businesses are still on Windows XP.

Here's "Notable changes" for Windows 7 SP1 summarized by MS themselves.

On the other hand, here are Lion's details/changes.

Service Packs are not Leopard/SL/Lion updates. You'd be ignorant to say otherwise. I would hope most if not all windows 7 users "adopted" SP1. It's definitely needed for secure computing.
Edited by ez12a - 10/4/11 at 4:49pm
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
 
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700k @ 4.5GHz  Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Crucial M4 128GB + 1TB F3 + Crucial M500 256GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Pro Cooler Master Novatouch TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V1000 600T SE Roccat Kone XTD Steel Series 9HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Rampage III Gene 2x EVGA GTX 680 SLI 24gb HyperX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
960GB Crucial M500 Intel Stock Windows 7 64bit Enterprise HP ZR2440w + Z24i 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Brown Antec TP-750 Antec Sonata 
  hide details  
post #86 of 143
That article was dumb. It's not "fair" and it "costs less". Since when does MS play "fair"? And wow, Apple is cheap now?? I thought they were overpriced?

Statistics can say whatever you want them to. Can't believe people are actually crying over this.
post #87 of 143
The reason so many people are flocking (haha sheep joke) to Lion is because the last OS Apple put out wasn't that great. Not like Win7.

Win7 isn't being adopted as fast because people can still use a 10 year old OS (XP) without issues. Try using OS X Puma.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
post #88 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3lancer2006 View Post
Here's where you're wrong. You're building desktop components, and the iMac uses laptop components.
Your point? I never said it was desktop parts...
post #89 of 143
a $30 OS outsold a $200 OS?

Surely you jest.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
post #90 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
My logic? I don't see how that's relevant but you're right, I don't know. I've not.
So why are you even claiming others to be wrong?

Quote:
This isn't a good comparison, you can't compare improved graphics to improved UI or to new functionality. The former looks nice but overall doesn't affect anything, the latter allows for more convenient use of an application.
What are you even talking about? DX11 builds on multi-threaded features, hardware implimented features, etc. It is a completely different functionality as DX10/DX10.1 cards, unless they have some means of a tessellation pipeline or an actual tessellation engine; it is a overhaul of its functionality.

The DX11 API offers developers numerous features that do not require much side development to implement. These include multi-threaded code which is not native to DX9.

When you require a physical pipeline to address information, you are greatly effecting the overall process towards its rendering technique.

Steelbom, be serious now, are you a troll?

Quote:
That's because the ACD is LED-backlit -- it's a trade off for the brightness. Try finding an LED-backlit TFT monitor which has good colour quality.
That produces ~70% of the adobe spectrum? Sure!

https://www.pcczone.com/benq-e2420hd...d-monitor.html

Why LED? Colour reproduction is colour reproduction.

Let alone, the Dell XPS 16 has a better adobe 1998 colour gamut then Apples' 27in all in one solution.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3509

Oh, btw, LED.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [NW] Apple calls out Microsoft for slow adoption of Windows 7, slants the facts