Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Information And Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Information And Discussion Thread - Page 72

Poll Results: Do you customize the HUD layout? If you do be sure to post a screen shot of your layouts!

 
  • 62% (31)
    Yes
  • 20% (10)
    Keep it default ftw
  • 6% (3)
    What?
  • 12% (6)
    How?
50 Total Votes  
post #711 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAlkaiser View Post

I suggest you don't get set your hopes that high I also hope for the best of ff14 2.0 but after reading a lot of stuff like this it makes me wonder on how it will be the same old WoW clones, this scares me because if ff14 becomes yet another WoW clone with the same old "aged" in my opinion standards then this game is doomed, but its all up in the air.
and congrast to those who got in at least you guys get to test it out lol.

From reading more of the interview and Yoshi's thoughts on it. It's not that it's going to be a WoW Clone per-se. They are indeed going to be borrowing concepts from many popular MMO's and implementing them. That way many more people can feel comfortable right away as soon as they start to play FFXIV-ARR.

Many of the existing WoW Clones are built on the same platform as WoW - and really are just recycled.

FFXIV-ARR has it's own unique gameplay engine built by SquareEnix (a form of the Luminous Engine) and will be completely different in that regard.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #712 of 5512
Did anyone get into the Beta that goes live tomorrow?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5820k AsRock X99 R290 16GB DDR4 GSkill 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
3TB Hitachi Vertex 3 500GB Vertex 2 120GB Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Samsung UHD28 Black Edition XFX 750W HAF X Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #713 of 5512
I can see why you would say dont get your hopes up. On the other hand, my hopes are still up and I am really excited for this game. I was really excited for 1.0 just the same, it was a horrible game at launch...I just didnt have the time to stick around with it til it got patched for the better. I got deployed shortly after launch yada yada yada lol.

I played WoW for 6 years and i played Aion and TERA and GW2. They failed to keep my attention for more than a month or two. TERA had so much potential and was a fun game and even though i went to max level, i remember looking back and thinking how boring and grindy it was. I hope this game is a typical kill quest/asian grind mmo.From what I've heard its going to be more like FFXI than FFXIV 1.0. I just cant see it going WoW clone route, it might have certain elements borrowed which could be very good depending on what they are. I just dont see this game going really close to what WoW is, but devs have surprised us in the past with how they can totally change a game.

Even if the game does turn out to be not as good as hoped. Ive never played a FF mmo and want to make FFXIV: ARR my first one, put alot of time into it. If it flops and alot of people leave, I still want to be part of the handful of dedicated fans still logging in each day to play lol.
post #714 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2punk View Post

I can see why you would say dont get your hopes up. On the other hand, my hopes are still up and I am really excited for this game. I was really excited for 1.0 just the same, it was a horrible game at launch...I just didnt have the time to stick around with it til it got patched for the better. I got deployed shortly after launch yada yada yada lol.
I played WoW for 6 years and i played Aion and TERA and GW2. They failed to keep my attention for more than a month or two. TERA had so much potential and was a fun game and even though i went to max level, i remember looking back and thinking how boring and grindy it was. I hope this game is a typical kill quest/asian grind mmo.From what I've heard its going to be more like FFXI than FFXIV 1.0. I just cant see it going WoW clone route, it might have certain elements borrowed which could be very good depending on what they are. I just dont see this game going really close to what WoW is, but devs have surprised us in the past with how they can totally change a game.
Even if the game does turn out to be not as good as hoped. Ive never played a FF mmo and want to make FFXIV: ARR my first one, put alot of time into it. If it flops and alot of people leave, I still want to be part of the handful of dedicated fans still logging in each day to play lol.

I felt the same way with TERA. I had such high hopes for the game. The game really is beautiful but the dungeons and pvp are so forgettable. The real time battle system tried to make you feel more involved but it had the complete opposite effect to me.

Every time I try a new MMO, I always get lost in their crafting system. I hope when I jump into FFXIV AAR the crafting system will be relatively easy.
NZXT Switch 810
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Gaming 5 MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Crucial 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 256GB EKWB Radiators, EKWB CPU, EKWB GPU Windows 7 Home Premium Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Seasonic X650 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
NZXT Switch 810
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Gaming 5 MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Crucial 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 256GB EKWB Radiators, EKWB CPU, EKWB GPU Windows 7 Home Premium Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Seasonic X650 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #715 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxmaverick View Post

I felt the same way with TERA. I had such high hopes for the game. The game really is beautiful but the dungeons and pvp are so forgettable. The real time battle system tried to make you feel more involved but it had the complete opposite effect to me.
Every time I try a new MMO, I always get lost in their crafting system. I hope when I jump into FFXIV AAR the crafting system will be relatively easy.

Yeah i thought the game was beautiful, the combat system was engaging. I had fun leveling for the most part, end game just felt so boring. One thing i never understood about the game was, ok its looks amazing, you could go exploring and see so far yet you got no achievements for exploration or anything like that.

One thing coming from WoW, I have yet to play another game that has had really fun and hard at the same time end game boss fights. Usually its either the boss is super powerful and you just have to grind gear til you can kill it, or their just super easy and no fun. WoW has those fights where you have to think and come up with a strategy. I hope FFXIV: ARR has something along the lines of that, never played RIFT so cant comment on the boss battles in that game.
post #716 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2punk View Post

Yeah i thought the game was beautiful, the combat system was engaging. I had fun leveling for the most part, end game just felt so boring. One thing i never understood about the game was, ok its looks amazing, you could go exploring and see so far yet you got no achievements for exploration or anything like that.
One thing coming from WoW, I have yet to play another game that has had really fun and hard at the same time end game boss fights. Usually its either the boss is super powerful and you just have to grind gear til you can kill it, or their just super easy and no fun. WoW has those fights where you have to think and come up with a strategy. I hope FFXIV: ARR has something along the lines of that, never played RIFT so cant comment on the boss battles in that game.

Yes! I know what you mean. WoW had a mix of super hard, easy and "just right difficulty" boss fights. I remember it took 6 weeks for us to down Sindragosa in ICC. I like fights like those that require 100% awareness and 200% coordination. Heroic Professor Putricide was a lot of fun too.

I always like a good challenge and I hope FFXIV AAR will deliver.
NZXT Switch 810
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Gaming 5 MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Crucial 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 256GB EKWB Radiators, EKWB CPU, EKWB GPU Windows 7 Home Premium Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Seasonic X650 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
NZXT Switch 810
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Gaming 5 MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Crucial 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 256GB EKWB Radiators, EKWB CPU, EKWB GPU Windows 7 Home Premium Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Seasonic X650 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #717 of 5512
cant wait for FFXIV 2.0 ... i cant join the alpha , it says my country is not accepted ....

FFXIV is not like WoW . its nothing like WoW ... its a MMO like the 1000's of 100000's they are . Kill a monster = get exp , Finish a quest = get exp . its the same , and it will be the same for ever , Its "THE" formula

what drives the game is how that formula is implemented . in the end , you will have a game more like a regular RPG with some "MMO" on the side ... or a MMO with some RPG on the side


THAT for me is why FFXI is the best MMORPG , it got a story , and a really good one . in FFXIV the story wasnt THAT intriguing like the FFXI , i dunno lol , but the FFXIV 2.0 story is calling me lol i want to know what happend and the whole Magitek thing and what happend to the mage that saved those "heroes"

( that mage couldnt control a gobbuie lol HOW he teleports people into the future ... )
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #718 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrain View Post

Did anyone get into the Beta that goes live tomorrow?

It is the global Alpha tomorrow, not beta.
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #719 of 5512
Also, the purpose of this thread is for information and to foster a community of interested players. One thing this thread is not for is bashing, i understand it is one thing to be skeptical which is largely what i am about this game despite being the fan i am. But please, this is not a thread for bashing. This is for prospective players who are interested in being a part of the game.


Sockpirate
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #720 of 5512
I could care less if FFXIV becomes like WoW. All I care about is how smooth the action/gameplay is, how good the content is, how good endgame is. I want a game that makes me want to log in and the only MMO that has been able to do that for me is WoW. So if FFXIV copied some of the formula's from WoW to accomplish that, I'm all for it.

There is so much pressure on Yoshida and the game's producer's and director's. They have the FF name to live up to and that name has already been tarnished by both FF13 and FF14 teams. I am really wishing them the best so they can get the train rolling for all of SquareEnix so we can get Versus13 and KH3 already lol.
NZXT Switch 810
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Gaming 5 MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Crucial 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 256GB EKWB Radiators, EKWB CPU, EKWB GPU Windows 7 Home Premium Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Seasonic X650 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
NZXT Switch 810
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Gaming 5 MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G Crucial 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 256GB EKWB Radiators, EKWB CPU, EKWB GPU Windows 7 Home Premium Asus PB278Q 
KeyboardPowerCase
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Seasonic X650 NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Information And Discussion Thread