Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Information And Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Information And Discussion Thread - Page 82

Poll Results: Do you customize the HUD layout? If you do be sure to post a screen shot of your layouts!

 
  • 62% (31)
    Yes
  • 20% (10)
    Keep it default ftw
  • 6% (3)
    What?
  • 12% (6)
    How?
50 Total Votes  
post #811 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post

We have very similar systems. How does the game run for you? Do you think you are going to upgrade anything before release?

Yes it is an Alpha after all.
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #812 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

im in the alpha ... and let me tell ya .... the game runs WAAAAY smoother
now the quest system is like FFXI , and i hope it stays that way
now ... if they could fix that damn jumping animation wile running ... i hate it when u land , the character wont do some "landing speed" steps . it just hops and put both feet on the ground , half a second of pulling the body straight without moving your legs .... its like its gliding without moving the legs for a second ...
i hate that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post

We have very similar systems. How does the game run for you? Do you think you are going to upgrade anything before release?

I was just talking about that the other day. I hope they fix that .5sec ice skating your character does after landing from a jump cuz it just irks me lol.

How has your performance been in the alpha with your setup. I've been getting 50-60fps with everything on high pretty much with my setup. But I might be upgrading to a 690 or something. I really would like to run this game at high/ultra without dropping below 60. Right now whenever i enter the main populated areas/sanctuaries i drop to about 30. Which i didnt think would happen with my setup.

But also take into account that it is still Alpha and they are going to continue to improve the optimization of the engine and game to run smoother.

Also try not too talk about Alpha specific things, being as its still under NDA.

You can see the jumping thing in the videos I'm pretty sure, just dont want anyone getting in trouble.
post #813 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

I have been searching online and i am a bit confused - can someone explain the Armory system and Job system to me?
From what i gather you select a discipline and then can select job from that discipline. Seems like they havent shown all the armory system options as 2 are set as "coming soon" and there are more War disciplines then Magic ones. I do hope they add more magic options as i will be picking a caster as my player if i get the game.
Not sure if this question will be allowed to be answered however i will ask it anyway ( redface.gif ) :
How does the job/class system compare to other games? Like is it more like WoW which is pretty limiting or is it more like Rift whose talent/class system i think is AMAZING allowing so much customizability. From what it seems is that you pick a Discipline for example Magic. From there you pick a class(?) for example i would likely pick Thaumaturge simply coz of the name (lol) and from there pick a job9(?) from here would i be limited into what job i could pick?
Or could i say pick a Warrior for example and have a mix of Mage abilities as well as Warrior skills? An Archer firing magic arrows would be SICK!
\

One of the new classes is going to be summoner, I am unsure of the other one. I swear i read some where what it was going to be on the official site. I think it starts with an A.

I just looked it up, its Just Arcanist which then can take up the job Summoner.
post #814 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2punk View Post

Also try not too talk about Alpha specific things, being as its still under NDA.
.

Dont worry i am watching this thread like a hawk and going over each post about the Alpha with a fine tooth comb, everyone is ok.
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Air 540
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @4.8ghz MSI z77 MPower  MSI GTX 780 Lightning Sli 8GB Corsair Vengeance White  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB WD Caviar Black 1TB NZXT Havik 140 W7-Home Edition x64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23.5@ 1920x1080 120hz Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlit Corsair AX 750 Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G700  GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #815 of 5512
im running on all maxed out , with my build , where is the FPS counter lol , but remembering from the 1.0 . it runs waaay smoother and i remember the imput lag in movements and commands and overall

that has been correcter and feels waaaay better now . so rest asure , this IS the true FFXIV





PS: if you like FFXI , you will love FFXIV
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #816 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

im running on all maxed out , with my build , where is the FPS counter lol , but remembering from the 1.0 . it runs waaay smoother and i remember the imput lag in movements and commands and overall
that has been correcter and feels waaaay better now . so rest asure , this IS the true FFXIV
PS: if you like FFXI , you will love FFXIV

There's no FPS counter currently. You'll have to FRAPS it.
post #817 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonAsh View Post

I have been searching online and i am a bit confused - can someone explain the Armory system and Job system to me?
From what i gather you select a discipline and then can select job from that discipline. Seems like they havent shown all the armory system options as 2 are set as "coming soon" and there are more War disciplines then Magic ones. I do hope they add more magic options as i will be picking a caster as my player if i get the game.
Not sure if this question will be allowed to be answered however i will ask it anyway ( redface.gif ) :
How does the job/class system compare to other games? Like is it more like WoW which is pretty limiting or is it more like Rift whose talent/class system i think is AMAZING allowing so much customizability. From what it seems is that you pick a Discipline for example Magic. From there you pick a class(?) for example i would likely pick Thaumaturge simply coz of the name (lol) and from there pick a job9(?) from here would i be limited into what job i could pick?
Or could i say pick a Warrior for example and have a mix of Mage abilities as well as Warrior skills? An Archer firing magic arrows would be SICK!

You select a discipline (War/Magic). Then you select a class. As you level that class u gain weapon skills and abilities. You can level any class on one character. So Say you lvl Marauder and Conjurer, you can take abilities from one class and use them on another(if requirements are met). Like using Conjurers Cure spell on ur Marauder to stay alive longer.

Jobs come from the class itself. Paladin is a mixture of lv 30 Gladiator and lvl 15 Conjurer. When u play as a job you have less classes to pool abilities from(Gladiator, Conjurer and, one more class forgot which it was lol). But you also learn new weapon skills and abilities only learned by that job. So you can tank as a Gladiator but have abilites from any class, or play Paladin which is more specialized as a tank. Kinda hard to make sense of it all lol.
HTPC Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 SAMSUNG 840 250GB SSD Stock Air Windows 10 Technical Preview 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
60" Samsung Full HDTV Logitech K400r Fractal Design Integra R2 750W Fractal Design Node 605  
MouseAudio
Logitech Performance MX HDMI to 5.1 Home Theater System 
  hide details  
Reply
HTPC Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 SAMSUNG 840 250GB SSD Stock Air Windows 10 Technical Preview 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
60" Samsung Full HDTV Logitech K400r Fractal Design Integra R2 750W Fractal Design Node 605  
MouseAudio
Logitech Performance MX HDMI to 5.1 Home Theater System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #818 of 5512
Been playing a little bit. Gorgeous game that runs A LOT better than 1.0 for me. The combat smoothness/animations make it enjoyable, but all of the quests are typical "go kill X, gather Y". It does not hold your hand as much as other MMOs though...
Old School
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t MSI 790GX-G65 Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X OC G.Skill DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1TB Caviar Black 256GB Corsair m4 SSD Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VW246H 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA Supernova G2 750W Corsair 750t Naga Blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
Old School
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t MSI 790GX-G65 Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X OC G.Skill DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1TB Caviar Black 256GB Corsair m4 SSD Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VW246H 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA Supernova G2 750W Corsair 750t Naga Blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #819 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihsnek View Post

Been playing a little bit. Gorgeous game that runs A LOT better than 1.0 for me. The combat smoothness/animations make it enjoyable, but all of the quests are typical "go kill X, gather Y". It does not hold your hand as much as other MMOs though...

all the mmo consist of those "kill X this" or the variant "kill X thing until it drops the Y stuff and bring it back" or the combination to make a chain quest , like a NPC needs to make a potion so u bring X cups of bee blood and when u come back , the NPC needs a X flower polem so you need to kill Bees until it drops the item and then u finish the quest ....


ALL the mmos are like that ... of course if you are not in the RPG part of the MMORPG , if you do , some of those quest got stories relevant to the whole "story" of the game smile.gif




btw tell me what MMO does "...hold your hand as other MMOs" because Guild Wars is no MMO lol and even GW2 got those quests too lol


the thing people love and hope , is a story driven MMO like FFXI , whoever played FFXI know what im talking about , and it turns out its starting to resemble FFXI
Edited by yoi - 12/18/12 at 5:45pm
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair  Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #820 of 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

btw tell me what MMO does "...hold your hand as other MMOs" because Guild Wars is no MMO lol and even GW2 got those quests too lol
the thing people love and hope , is a story driven MMO like FFXI , whoever played FFXI know what im talking about , and it turns out its starting to resemble FFXI

WoW holds your hand. SWTOR holds your hand. Etc. Themepark on rails. FFXIV does not appear to be the same themepark on rails (at least at my level)
Old School
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t MSI 790GX-G65 Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X OC G.Skill DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1TB Caviar Black 256GB Corsair m4 SSD Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VW246H 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA Supernova G2 750W Corsair 750t Naga Blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
Old School
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t MSI 790GX-G65 Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X OC G.Skill DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1TB Caviar Black 256GB Corsair m4 SSD Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VW246H 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA Supernova G2 750W Corsair 750t Naga Blackwidow 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Information And Discussion Thread