Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Buy now or wait?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buy now or wait?

Poll Results: Wait, or don't wait?

 
  • 47% (9)
    Wait
  • 52% (10)
    Don't Wait
19 Total Votes  
post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Well I am in the process of getting a new GPU.

I want to get a 6970, but the price is a bit to much for me right now. My second option would be a 570, but I'd rather just spend the extra few dollars and get the 6970.

My other choice is the Twin Frozr GTX 560ti 2GB, which I could actually buy right now.

I am waiting till Black Friday for deals, but not sure if it's worth the wait. I'm not sure how much the 6970's will be on sale, either online or at a local store like Frys.

If I decide to wait, and the price isn't that much different on sale, I would have wasted 2 months when I could of had a new card.

If the price get low enough to where I can afford it, then it's worth the 2 month wait.

To wait, or not to wait?
post #2 of 6
two big games coming out, BF3, and Skyrim. which is what most people are upgrading for. im sure you will need an upgrade to play upcoming games @ max settings.

1) no one knows how our GPUs are going to scale for the games that are on their way.

2) black friday always presents good deals.

im either planning to snatch up a 3way sli board and a 3rd gpu when black friday rolls around. or swap to a BD, providing the benchmarks provide a worthy transistion.

$4000 tvs for $800. bluray players for $10. $200 for a set of 20' rims.

if you can hold out, the price will be worth the wait.

newegg is growing alsmost as fast as amazon, and since your in CA even your shipping is probably cheaper.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K 4.7ghz 1.36v MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) MSI GTX 680 TFIII 4GB SLI 1248mhz core 6.5ghz mem 16GB Patriot Viper X Div 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xM4 64 GB Raid 0 4x5900rpm Baracuda Raid 0 Pioneer BDR Windows 7 Home Premium Triple Asus 27" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tt Challenger Ultimate Corsair AX-1200 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse Pad
Mionix Propus 380 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K 4.7ghz 1.36v MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) MSI GTX 680 TFIII 4GB SLI 1248mhz core 6.5ghz mem 16GB Patriot Viper X Div 2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xM4 64 GB Raid 0 4x5900rpm Baracuda Raid 0 Pioneer BDR Windows 7 Home Premium Triple Asus 27" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Tt Challenger Ultimate Corsair AX-1200 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse Pad
Mionix Propus 380 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Pawn shops are selling Xbox 360's for $99 and you can find deals for even cheaper, if you're concerned about knowing the maps for the big titles that release before black Friday, you can always go that route. Plus, it gives the devs time to work out the kinks on the new releases. No point in investing in a video card on a game you can't play anyway. I'd say wait.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTank Jones16x View Post
Well I am in the process of getting a new GPU.

I want to get a 6970, but the price is a bit to much for me right now. My second option would be a 570, but I'd rather just spend the extra few dollars and get the 6970.

My other choice is the Twin Frozr GTX 560ti 2GB, which I could actually buy right now.

I am waiting till Black Friday for deals, but not sure if it's worth the wait. I'm not sure how much the 6970's will be on sale, either online or at a local store like Frys.

If I decide to wait, and the price isn't that much different on sale, I would have wasted 2 months when I could of had a new card.

If the price get low enough to where I can afford it, then it's worth the 2 month wait.

To wait, or not to wait?
If you can wait and to miss the big games coming out then wait, if not a 6950 2GB is within price range and is slightly lower compared to 6970.

I say go for it.
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post
If you can wait and to miss the big games coming out then wait, if not a 6950 2GB is within price range and is slightly lower compared to 6970.

I say go for it.
Well technically I'm not going to miss out on any of them. I have BF3 pre-ordered, and plan to buy Skyrim and others coming out.

My 4870 will do for now. I still get good FPS on higher end games, I just want an upgrade.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTank Jones16x View Post
Well technically I'm not going to miss out on any of them. I have BF3 pre-ordered, and plan to buy Skyrim and others coming out.

My 4870 will do for now. I still get good FPS on higher end games, I just want an upgrade.
Then should wait and save more to get a higher end 7xxx
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Buy now or wait?