Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › can you guys have this PC running better for the same price?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

can you guys have this PC running better for the same price? - Page 3

post #21 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORL View Post
Im sorry but people need to stop saying this CPU is better than That CPU under all circumstances. The 1100T will stomp the i5 the second a third program is opened up and actively use at least one core+ additional program operations. Plain and simply put, all CPUs have strong points and weak points. Never listen to fan boys say the words this CPU is better than that CPU just because its this manufacturer made it.

The 1100T would be plenty sufficient for what you do. But the real question is how you do it. Massive multi tasking the 1100T will beat the i5, in single or dual threaded apps with nothing else eating CPU core the i5 will beat the 1100T.

Benchmarks are usually done on a primed OS platform with bare minimum running functions to try and test clock to clock speeds. Most of the time this does not reflect core count to clock speed ratios in performance. This in turn favors the i5. Under a properly set up rig the i5 will game better than the 1100T. This is true.

I love Intel, I love AMD. Sick of people recommending something as the end all solution.

Just my rant for the day. Anyhow, you will be best fitted to wait for BD to come out. Its really close, the units are starting to show up in stores but have not hit the physical or virtual shelves for sale yet. Worst case scenario it will drive prices down in one way shape or form.

Good Luck!
Well alot of the reason the i5 2500k is better, if im not mistaken, is because of its power consumption and heat disbursement comparably speaking. Though i dont agree with most of what you say, the BD comment is worth mentioning. No reason to buy AMD now, wait for BD and either get it or get a newly reduced priced processor.
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFedora View Post
People are getting tired of waiting on AMD.
It is coming out in 6 or so days.

Change motherboard to a 990FXA so you can upgrade to bulldozer.
My system (AMD)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE "Deneb" @ 3415Mhz Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 (1x) Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5770 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 500GB, 1x 1TB external Windows 7 Ultimate Deep Blue 32bit 1x Asus VE248H 24" Monitor Tt eSPORTS Challenger Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake 550w Aero Cool Syclone II Logitech MX518 1800DPI Red Mousepad 
Audio
Creative Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My system (AMD)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE "Deneb" @ 3415Mhz Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 (1x) Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5770 Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 500GB, 1x 1TB external Windows 7 Ultimate Deep Blue 32bit 1x Asus VE248H 24" Monitor Tt eSPORTS Challenger Gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake 550w Aero Cool Syclone II Logitech MX518 1800DPI Red Mousepad 
Audio
Creative Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 63
Next week...
post #24 of 63
Dont worry about the bulldozer

its probably being delayed because its so hard to match the 2500k/2600ks performance.
BF3 RIG
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Asus P8p67 Pro Asus GTX 570 sli Kingston HyperX 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Asus DVD-RW Win 7 x64 Asus vg236h 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic M12D 750w CM Haf 922 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
BF3 RIG
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Asus P8p67 Pro Asus GTX 570 sli Kingston HyperX 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Asus DVD-RW Win 7 x64 Asus vg236h 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic M12D 750w CM Haf 922 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 63
The 2600 is faster in multi tasking than the 1100T, the 2500 is not. The 2500 DOES however win in gaming vs BOTH the 2600 and the 1100T generally speaking.

I am not here to start an argument. Just to light a candle in the right direction so he can look for what he wants from there. 1100T, 2500, 2600. All are satisfactory CPUs for how they perform. Since you are after items more so GPU oriented and video/photo editing, I would recommend saving some cash to put forward in Memory, GPU, SSD. This is where your visible gains will be when set up right.

Anyhow I am out.
ORL||H2O
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 5.1Ghz Asus 990FX Sabertooth XFX 7950 Mushkin Enhanced 2x8G 11/11/11/30 - 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SSD:2xM4 120Gb // 2x640Gb Black Win7 Ultimate 64b Corsair K90 Enermax Revo85+ 1020W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Air 540 RAT7 + G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
ORL||H2O
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 5.1Ghz Asus 990FX Sabertooth XFX 7950 Mushkin Enhanced 2x8G 11/11/11/30 - 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SSD:2xM4 120Gb // 2x640Gb Black Win7 Ultimate 64b Corsair K90 Enermax Revo85+ 1020W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Air 540 RAT7 + G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDrocks View Post
It is coming out in 6 or so days.

Change motherboard to a 990FXA so you can upgrade to bulldozer.
Is it? Well that's good news . I just stopped waiting all together though.
Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Intel H67DE PNY Verto 9600GT (Thanks to ihasfip!) 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
(3) Seagate 7200K 1TB (2) Hitachi 7200K.12 1TB Proxmox Samsung 17" Corsair GS600 
Case
Chenbro tower 
  hide details  
Reply
Server
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Intel H67DE PNY Verto 9600GT (Thanks to ihasfip!) 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
(3) Seagate 7200K 1TB (2) Hitachi 7200K.12 1TB Proxmox Samsung 17" Corsair GS600 
Case
Chenbro tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.Turner View Post
so, I want to get a new computer for running BF3
Instead of the back-and-forth brand rhetoric, I'll offer actual info - CPU performance for BF3 isn't really that much of an issue, so just pick up a 990FX board, along with a Phenom II X4 980 BE; a HD 6970 would be the ideal GPU, letting you run at 1080p while hitting 60fps on high quality.
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobrjett View Post
Dont worry about the bulldozer

its probably being delayed because its so hard to match the 2500k/2600ks performance.
Who says they're trying to match Intels performance?? AMD is a budget brand.. I doubt matching is a concern
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
Coming Soon!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial m4 128gb (boot/games), SAMSUNG F3 1tb Windows 7 Ultimate, Fedora 14 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10halec View Post
Who says they're trying to match Intels performance?? AMD is a budget brand.. I doubt matching is a concern
Right, and his PC is not a budget PC so he should probably go with Sandybridge.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1500x 4.1GHz OC MSi Gaming Pro B350 mATX EVGA Superclocked GTX 1060 3GB GSkill Aegis 2800MHz 1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Seagate 1TB Crucial 128GB SSD Byski CPU block with Barrow fittings RedDragon Blue Mechanical Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 750W Thermaltake Core V21 Razer DeathAdder Left-Handed Edition Spigen A102 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1500x 4.1GHz OC MSi Gaming Pro B350 mATX EVGA Superclocked GTX 1060 3GB GSkill Aegis 2800MHz 1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Seagate 1TB Crucial 128GB SSD Byski CPU block with Barrow fittings RedDragon Blue Mechanical Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 750W Thermaltake Core V21 Razer DeathAdder Left-Handed Edition Spigen A102 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 63
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the feedback! In the past couple weeks, Ive been changing the build back and forth between AMD and Intel. Would the ASUS M5A97 EVO work with a bulldozer CPU?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › can you guys have this PC running better for the same price?