Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Online Deals › Expired Deals › Bestbuy - HTC Flyer $99!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bestbuy - HTC Flyer $99!!! - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented;15201513 
Pics or it didn't happen.

Here is my receipt smile.gif Yes, lucky indeed!
post #22 of 31
Awesome. Congrats!
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrap;15201144 
Its a terrible tablet. I still want an HP Touchpad but nobody sells them now frown.gif

Actually, it is a great tablet for reading, checking email, etc. Far superior to the HP Touchpad and 100% more responsive. It has a refined Android Gingerbread OS that is not like the other cheap tablets. Also, has GPS. I bought an HP Touchpad (fire sale) and it really was a piece of junk and I sold it right away. HTC did a nice job with this, but unfortunately, it never caught on. Check reviews on Youtube and you will see how responsive and useful this device is compared to the HP Touchpad.
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrj1;15202084 
Actually, it is a great tablet for reading, checking email, etc. Far superior to the HP Touchpad and 100% more responsive. It has a refined Android Gingerbread OS that is not like the other cheap tablets. Also, has GPS. I bought an HP Touchpad (fire sale) and it really was a piece of junk and I sold it right away. HTC did a nice job with this, but unfortunately, it never caught on. Check reviews on Youtube and you will see how responsive and useful this device is compared to the HP Touchpad.

Yeah, against an unoptomized, 3.0.0 tablet. If they bothered with optimizing and updating then they would be exactly the same.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00;15202145 
Yeah, against an unoptomized, 3.0.0 tablet. If they bothered with optimizing and updating then they would be exactly the same.

I agree, but the average user does not care about flashing and updating, etc. I am a Software Project Manager, and honestly, I just want it to work when I turn it on, which the Flyer does. Touchpad could have been so much more if they would have used an Android OS out of the gate and refined it accordingly. Really, the Flyer is a solid tablet. Small, compact, and useful. Touchpad is huge and not portable. Of course, at home it's fine, but still, it feels large in my hands. Whatever makes a person happy is really key. People either love it or hate it wink.gif

Cheers,
Don
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrj1;15202054 
Here is my receipt smile.gif Yes, lucky indeed!

Awesome!
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented;15202272 
Awesome!

Thanks man!
post #28 of 31
Thanks!
post #29 of 31
Man! you lucky! sell us some for 199+tax!
The Toaster
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3770K Shuttle SZ77R5 nVidia GTX 970 4GB Reference Design 16GB Crucial low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Samsung M9T 2TB LG Blu-ray Burner Windows 8.1 Professional 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardMouseAudio
Dell Ultrasharp U2913WM  Corsair K65 Logitech Performance MX  B&W MM-1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Toaster
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3770K Shuttle SZ77R5 nVidia GTX 970 4GB Reference Design 16GB Crucial low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB Samsung M9T 2TB LG Blu-ray Burner Windows 8.1 Professional 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardMouseAudio
Dell Ultrasharp U2913WM  Corsair K65 Logitech Performance MX  B&W MM-1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrj1;15202231 
I agree, but the average user does not care about flashing and updating, etc. I am a Software Project Manager, and honestly, I just want it to work when I turn it on, which the Flyer does. Touchpad could have been so much more if they would have used an Android OS out of the gate and refined it accordingly. Really, the Flyer is a solid tablet. Small, compact, and useful. Touchpad is huge and not portable. Of course, at home it's fine, but still, it feels large in my hands. Whatever makes a person happy is really key. People either love it or hate it wink.gif

Cheers,
Don

What I hate is when people just blindly say "Use Android! Use Android!" like its going out of style.

webOS is one of the best operating systems out there, containing all the features that are in your precious android YEARS before Android got them. Android copied webOS in many many ways to get where its at now, I'm suprised that Palm/HP never tried suing them (if they were Apple they most definitely would have).

If people had been using webOS, and the money was there, we'd be at a much better position today than we are. That we are very easily able to be at the top tier position with a bit of modding is a testament to how well webOS has aged.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Expired Deals
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Online Deals › Expired Deals › Bestbuy - HTC Flyer $99!!!