Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Dumb 2500k/2600k question.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dumb 2500k/2600k question. - Page 2

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzro View Post
You, aren't one of those Diehard-Only Numbers Matter-FPS in the right hand corner at all times while playing games constantly looking at the number drops and getting mad- kinda guys are you? If not, then you will be ok
I don't think I have played a FPS in about 5 years and don't think I am missing anything. 9001 FPS's and they are all the same damn thing with different graphics.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.7GHz 1.34v Asus P8Z77-V Pro Gigabyte Windforce 7950 8GB Crucial 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial m4 128 GB Samsung BluRay Windows 7 64 Samsung S27A950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Seasonic 760-X Corsair 800D Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.7GHz 1.34v Asus P8Z77-V Pro Gigabyte Windforce 7950 8GB Crucial 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial m4 128 GB Samsung BluRay Windows 7 64 Samsung S27A950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Seasonic 760-X Corsair 800D Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
I don't think I have played a FPS in about 5 years and don't think I am missing anything. 9001 FPS's and they are all the same damn thing with different graphics.
He meant Frames Per Second here
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(14 items)
 
Ex-wife's Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4460 AsRock H81M-DG4 Sapphire Rx470 Platinum KVR 1600 16Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Seagate 3Tb Samsung 850 EVO 120 Scythe Ninja 3 Rev.B Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Fujitsu Siemens A17-2A Logitech K280e SuperFlower SF-550K12XP Thermaltake Versa H25 
MouseAudio
Logitech G402 Sony MDR XD150 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 750K 4.0Ghz AsRock FM2A75 Pro4+ Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X Kingston 2x4Gb 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 120  Western Digital 320Gb LiteON DVD-RW CoolerMaster Hyper Z600 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Toshiba 32" FullHD TV Logitech FSP Hexa 550 
CaseMouse
DeLUX Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnin426850 View Post
He meant Frames Per Second here
My confusion is limitless this afternoon, it would seem.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.7GHz 1.34v Asus P8Z77-V Pro Gigabyte Windforce 7950 8GB Crucial 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial m4 128 GB Samsung BluRay Windows 7 64 Samsung S27A950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Seasonic 760-X Corsair 800D Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.7GHz 1.34v Asus P8Z77-V Pro Gigabyte Windforce 7950 8GB Crucial 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial m4 128 GB Samsung BluRay Windows 7 64 Samsung S27A950D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Seasonic 760-X Corsair 800D Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 14
Think of it like this.. Some application is only capable of using 85% of all the resources on your CPU. Hyperthreading wraps up the rest 15% and pretty much turns them into an another thread. Very simplified.
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Dumb 2500k/2600k question.