Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Faulty HAF 912 Front AUD connection?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Faulty HAF 912 Front AUD connection?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I just finished my first build and I tried using skype with my HAF 912's front mic. input/output connecters. My computer is able to recognize my headset as i am able to capture voice and also able to hear sound coming from my headset. However, every time I turn my volume up/down from within my Headset I hear static. My computer also gives me an "you have unplugged, etc" error every so often. So, it looses connection even though it is plugged in. HD Audio is connected to my motherboard.
The rest of the Front I/O panel inputs seem to work, though.

I've tried plugging in my headset directly to the motherboard and that seems to work. I'm using an ASRock 970 EXTREME4, capable of HD Audio.

Could it be faulty?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatrodbloke View Post
I just finished my first build and I tried using skype with my HAF 912's front mic. input/output connecters. My computer is able to recognize my headset as i am able to capture voice and also able to hear sound coming from my headset. However, every time I turn my volume up/down from within my Headset I hear static. My computer also gives me an "you have unplugged, etc" error every so often. So, it looses connection even though it is plugged in. HD Audio is connected to my motherboard.
The rest of the Front I/O panel inputs seem to work, though.

I've tried plugging in my headset directly to the motherboard and that seems to work. I'm using an ASRock 970 EXTREME4, capable of HD Audio.

Could it be faulty?
If it plays the 'hardware disconnected' sound, that's a driver or hardware problem with your board.

Have you tried using the BACK audio jacks on the board itself?
The Butthurt Box
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P67 Professional AMD Radeon HD 6950 unlock NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws G.Skill Ripjaws Intel X25-V Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Goflex USB 3.0 24x DVD R/W DL Win7 Ultermate 64 Acer 20in 1600x900 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Compaq 20in 1600x900 17in Dell 1280x1024 19in Gateway 1280x1024 Razer Blackwidow mech w/ cherry MX blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Kingwin LZ-750 HAF 932 + sound activated lights Logitech G500 Rosewill USB headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 3.2ghz w/ HT HP Intel IGP 4gb Mushkin DDR2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
80gb sata WinXP Pro HP OEM HP Small form factor 
  hide details  
Reply
The Butthurt Box
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P67 Professional AMD Radeon HD 6950 unlock NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws G.Skill Ripjaws Intel X25-V Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Goflex USB 3.0 24x DVD R/W DL Win7 Ultermate 64 Acer 20in 1600x900 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Compaq 20in 1600x900 17in Dell 1280x1024 19in Gateway 1280x1024 Razer Blackwidow mech w/ cherry MX blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Kingwin LZ-750 HAF 932 + sound activated lights Logitech G500 Rosewill USB headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 3.2ghz w/ HT HP Intel IGP 4gb Mushkin DDR2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
80gb sata WinXP Pro HP OEM HP Small form factor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by railfan844 View Post
If it plays the 'hardware disconnected' sound, that's a driver or hardware problem with your board.

Have you tried using the BACK audio jacks on the board itself?
Yes, I've connected my headset straight to the back of my motherboard and that works nicely.

I've also reinstalled my motherboard's HD Audio drivers.

Could it still be a motherboard issue even though it works if I use the headset
connected to the back of my motherboard instead of the HAF 912's audio jack?
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
BUMP

Anyone have a similar issue or know what could be causing the problem?
post #5 of 6
I think it might be the header on the board for the front connectors that's bad.

When I unplug my mic and headphones I don't hear any "hardware disconnected" sound at all. It might play if it loses the connection to the panel altogether, though.
The Butthurt Box
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P67 Professional AMD Radeon HD 6950 unlock NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws G.Skill Ripjaws Intel X25-V Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Goflex USB 3.0 24x DVD R/W DL Win7 Ultermate 64 Acer 20in 1600x900 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Compaq 20in 1600x900 17in Dell 1280x1024 19in Gateway 1280x1024 Razer Blackwidow mech w/ cherry MX blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Kingwin LZ-750 HAF 932 + sound activated lights Logitech G500 Rosewill USB headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 3.2ghz w/ HT HP Intel IGP 4gb Mushkin DDR2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
80gb sata WinXP Pro HP OEM HP Small form factor 
  hide details  
Reply
The Butthurt Box
(21 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P67 Professional AMD Radeon HD 6950 unlock NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gb 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws G.Skill Ripjaws Intel X25-V Seagate Barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Goflex USB 3.0 24x DVD R/W DL Win7 Ultermate 64 Acer 20in 1600x900 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Compaq 20in 1600x900 17in Dell 1280x1024 19in Gateway 1280x1024 Razer Blackwidow mech w/ cherry MX blues 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Kingwin LZ-750 HAF 932 + sound activated lights Logitech G500 Rosewill USB headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 3.2ghz w/ HT HP Intel IGP 4gb Mushkin DDR2 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
80gb sata WinXP Pro HP OEM HP Small form factor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatrodbloke View Post
Yes, I've connected my headset straight to the back of my motherboard and that works nicely.

I've also reinstalled my motherboard's HD Audio drivers.

Could it still be a motherboard issue even though it works if I use the headset
connected to the back of my motherboard instead of the HAF 912's audio jack?
It could also be a bad case audio jack assy somewhere along that from the physical jack or a short in the wiring harness. If it's under warranty put in for it via the CM RMA URL then once you do that and get your USRMA number via EMail I would call CM customer service to make sure it's on track for them to send it out to you pronto and keep on it and call back if need be as they're known to be slackers in RMA side of things and nothing to do with Customer or Technical support depts.

This was the scenario with my 690 II Advanced case to which I got a replacement under warranty and the HAF 912 (which I also have) is easier to replace such on.

Do you have another case to which you can take out the jack assy to plug it in separately into mobo to see if it works correctly?

Also are you plugging the connector that says "HD AUDIO" in the mobo, maybe you have the "AC 97" plugged in instead?
Edited by nickt1862 - 10/8/11 at 11:19am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Faulty HAF 912 Front AUD connection?