Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › radeon hd 5670
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

radeon hd 5670 - Page 2

post #11 of 41
Thread Starter 
im pretty sure this is my power supply

liteon ps-6401-08hh
post #12 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdgvhbh View Post
im pretty sure this is my power supply

liteon ps-6401-08hh
Just as i thought, the PSU is pretty sub-par to handle the 5670 as it may be providing as much wattage as a 320-350w PSU. Then again, i could be wrong. Have you tried the card out on a friend's computer?
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 41
Thread Starter 
no not yet. what psu would u recommend that isnt too expensive?
post #14 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdgvhbh View Post
no not yet. what psu would u recommend that isnt too expensive?
Anything that isn't generic. PSU's are mostly overlooked which totally negates how important they actually are in maintaining the long term stability of components. Look at the Cooler Master Elite/Extreme power series. Newegg has the Extreme Power Plus 460W for 40$. The PSU is rock solid and efficient for the price. It's a little old, but it gets the job done. Heck, i once ran my friend's 6850 off it for a month, that with the processor oc'd to 3.8 Ghz and 3 hard disks. .
Edited by PunkX 1 - 10/8/11 at 3:18pm
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkX 1 View Post
Anything that isn't generic. PSU's are mostly overlooked which totally negates how important they actually are in maintaining the long term stability of components. Look at the Cooler Master Elite/Extreme power series. Newegg has the Extreme Power Plus 460W for 40$. The PSU is rock solid and efficient for the price. It's a little old, but it gets the job done. Heck, i once ran my friend's 6850 off it for a month, that with the processor oc'd to 3.8 Ghz and 3 hard disks. .

You would be buying another subpar psu. Check out the ocn recommended psu faq.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3d using Tapatalk
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post
You would be buying another subpar psu. Check out the ocn recommended psu faq.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3d using Tapatalk
Well it's definitely an upgrade over what he's got. What you term "subpar" is without basis as this PSU was my maiden transition to Cooler Master and as a consumer i give it a thumbs up. Just because it's not 80 plus certified and not part of the list doesn't mean it's something to cough at. Take the Seasonic X-Series 460W (140$ for a 460W, really? I don't think the OP would require an 80 Plus gold certified modular PSU), the Rosewill Green Series 430W and the Corsair Build Series CX430Wv2, all of them got an average of 4 eggs on Newegg, based on consumer experiences, the same as the Extreme power Plus 460W. Good PSU'S are exposed through consumer experiences. I noticed that XFX is a big part of the list, I've owned an XFX Pro Edition PSU in the past, used on my dad's computer, crapped out within 2 months of usage (extremely moderate usage, 'coz hey its just my dad) RMA'd, crapped out within 2 days, RMA'd again, crapped out within a month. I got tired of wasting cash uselessly so i switched to the lower end line of Cooler Master owing to the positive feedback i got. Been running this for over 2 years on my computer and a few months on my dad's 24/7 without so much as even a hiccup (it's little noisy though). True, the rated 460W is just the peak power but its reliable as it could get. The XFX problems i've had do not reflect the quality the PSUs. Just shows that what may be "subpar" may actually turn around and surprise you. Not just Cooler Master, but any foundation holding brand. So i beg to differ. But then again everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Edited by PunkX 1 - 10/9/11 at 8:22am
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 41
doesnt the X1600 actually require more power than the HD5670?

I have an x1650pro 512mb and it requires a 4-pin molex power while my 5670 just gets power from the pci-e slot. Ayala Land Premier
Edited by edalbkrad - 10/21/11 at 10:16am
Rabasu i7-3770K
(13 items)
 
Rabasu FX6100
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ECS H77H2-M3 MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB OC 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Blu 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB Seagate 1TB Sony DVDRW stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ E2220 1080p Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Coolermaster Elite 430 
Mouse
A4tech X7 710BH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6100 4.0 Ghz 6-core Asus M5A78L-MLX3 AM3+ Powercolor HD7730 1GB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB Seagate 1TB Sony DVDRW CoolerMaster Hyper212+ with 2x140mm Deepcool UF140 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 x64 / Mint x64 BenQ E2220 1080p Aerocool Strike-X 500watts CoolerMaster Elite 430 
Mouse
A4tech X7 710BH 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
A8 7410 2.5Ghz Radeon R5 M335 2GB 4GB DDR3L 1 TB HDD 
OSCase
Windows 8.1 Dell Inspiron 5455 
  hide details  
Reply
Rabasu i7-3770K
(13 items)
 
Rabasu FX6100
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ECS H77H2-M3 MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB OC 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Blu 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB Seagate 1TB Sony DVDRW stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ E2220 1080p Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Coolermaster Elite 430 
Mouse
A4tech X7 710BH 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6100 4.0 Ghz 6-core Asus M5A78L-MLX3 AM3+ Powercolor HD7730 1GB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 1TB Seagate 1TB Sony DVDRW CoolerMaster Hyper212+ with 2x140mm Deepcool UF140 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 x64 / Mint x64 BenQ E2220 1080p Aerocool Strike-X 500watts CoolerMaster Elite 430 
Mouse
A4tech X7 710BH 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
A8 7410 2.5Ghz Radeon R5 M335 2GB 4GB DDR3L 1 TB HDD 
OSCase
Windows 8.1 Dell Inspiron 5455 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalbkrad View Post
doesnt the X1600 actually require more power than the HD5670?

I have an x1650pro 512mb and it requires a 4-pin molex power while my 5670 just gets power from the pci-e slot.
Yeah i did mention that i could be wrong about the power supply and for the OP to test the card out on a friend's computer. There is a chance that the card is DOA.
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkX 1 View Post
Well it's definitely an upgrade over what he's got. What you term "subpar" is without basis as this PSU was my maiden transition to Cooler Master and as a consumer i give it a thumbs up. Just because it's not 80 plus certified and not part of the list doesn't mean it's something to cough at. Take the Seasonic X-Series 460W (140$ for a 460W, really? I don't think the OP would require an 80 Plus gold certified modular PSU), the Rosewill Green Series 430W and the Corsair Build Series CX430Wv2, all of them got an average of 4 eggs on Newegg, based on consumer experiences, the same as the Extreme power Plus 460W. Good PSU'S are exposed through consumer experiences. I noticed that XFX is a big part of the list, I've owned an XFX Pro Edition PSU in the past, used on my dad's computer, crapped out within 2 months of usage (extremely moderate usage, 'coz hey its just my dad) RMA'd, crapped out within 2 days, RMA'd again, crapped out within a month. I got tired of wasting cash uselessly so i switched to the lower end line of Cooler Master owing to the positive feedback i got. Been running this for over 2 years on my computer and a few months on my dad's 24/7 without so much as even a hiccup (it's little noisy though). True, the rated 460W is just the peak power but its reliable as it could get. The XFX problems i've had do not reflect the quality the PSUs. Just shows that what may be "subpar" may actually turn around and surprise you. Not just Cooler Master, but any foundation holding brand. So i beg to differ. But then again everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I have a cooler master 460 watts power supply and i run a 6770 overclocked as well as a athlon x2 250 overclocked. Considering my power wattage of 460 my entire system consumes not more than 330 watts including power attributed to my hard drive,usb ports as well as the dvd drive. The radeon 5670 consumes 61 watts in comparison to the 108 watts which my card consumes. Here's a link which confirms it http://www.hwcompare.com/5692/radeon...n-hd-6770-1gb/ The cooler master extreme power supply 460watts is what i recommend and for the price it comes at its a steal. There are many other good PSU's which are good such as antec and corsair which you could also look into. As for XFX,yes,almost the best sub vendor for graphics cards doesn't quite live up to the same when it comes to power supplies. Having said all this, before u buy a new PSU please check if your card is not DOA
Edited by jason387 - 10/10/11 at 12:23am
Jay
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.4Ghz at 1.36v GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0 Sapphire R9 285 OC 16GB Kingston Savage Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital 500GB Seagate Barracuda Noctua NH-D15S Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerMouseMouse Pad
Asus MG279Q Fressync OCZ ZS 650 Watt PSU Dragonwar ELE-G9 Dragonwar 
  hide details  
Reply
Jay
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 4.4Ghz at 1.36v GA 78LMT USB3 Rev 5.0 Sapphire R9 285 OC 16GB Kingston Savage Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital 500GB Seagate Barracuda Noctua NH-D15S Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerMouseMouse Pad
Asus MG279Q Fressync OCZ ZS 650 Watt PSU Dragonwar ELE-G9 Dragonwar 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 41
Funny, maybe a new card is in order.
Recycled
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 925 ASUS M4A78L-M Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 G. SKill Ripjaws 4 Gigs DDR3 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
Recycled
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 925 ASUS M4A78L-M Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 G. SKill Ripjaws 4 Gigs DDR3 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › radeon hd 5670