Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AI] AT&T announces record 200K iPhone 4S pre-orders in first 12 hours
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AI] AT&T announces record 200K iPhone 4S pre-orders in first 12 hours - Page 13

post #121 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASSKILLA View Post
The reason why they have so many is because people with contracts that couldn't update their Iphone without paying Top price are finally updating because there contracts are up.
WOW $45.00 for a 4gb data plan!! (Ridiculous)


$55 gets you 500MB in Canada......
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4,000,000,000,000,000μHz GIGABYTE G1 Guerilla XFX 5870 CF 6 GB G-Skill Tri-Channel DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x WD 500GB RAID 0 / Vertex 2 Extended 60GB OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP w2207h 1680x1050 Sidewinder x6 
PowerCaseMouse
RMA HAF 932 Black Edition RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 4,000,000,000,000,000μHz GIGABYTE G1 Guerilla XFX 5870 CF 6 GB G-Skill Tri-Channel DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x WD 500GB RAID 0 / Vertex 2 Extended 60GB OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP w2207h 1680x1050 Sidewinder x6 
PowerCaseMouse
RMA HAF 932 Black Edition RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
There's plenty of different types of people that buy Apple devices. As much fun as it is to mock Apple users and say they'll buy anything and that they're sheep, that they don't check specs or care and that it's just a fashion object, etc., it isn't true in the slightest.
However, it is true for some of them. Even Apple fans have to concede that fact.

There are people out there that would literally still buy iPhone 5 if they downgraded every single component, but put it in a new case design. I know it and you know it. This is not an exaggeration to prove a point. This would happen...in droves. I guarantee they would still put up completely insane pre-order numbers.

Other company's users are either too savvy and/or not emotionally and socially invested in a product to do crap like that EVER.

I truthfully cannot name another company where that would be the case.

Quote:
1. There was no G in iPhone 4
2. Few New features? Other than the outside, its nearly a completely different inside and new OS....
3. How do you release a software update for an A5 CPU? 64GB storage and new Phone Network Support?
Other than Siri (and we'll see how that pans out) in day to day usage, I would never be able to tell you if I was using iPhone 4 or 4S other than the S being maybe a little bit snappier.

Quote:
Pretty much anyone who works and lives in this world takes into account the best value for their money regardless of what it is, considering (financially speaking) times aren't the best right now.
You can't really believe this, can you? People spend TONS of money for impulse reasons, social status and a million others that are completely 100% irrational when viewed objectively.

I see people leasing Audi A4s by the thousands for example. Is that the best value for your money considering the economy? You really need a $50,000 4 door sedan and even worse, LEASE it at that?

I don't see how you throw out nullification to posters who talk about the Apple cult in negative ways and then at the same time, give human beings WAY too much credit the other way.

People make TERRIBLE decisions with their money on a daily basis.
Edited by kweechy - 10/9/11 at 11:40pm
2P Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5 2699 v3 Xeon E5 2699 v3 ASUS Z10PE-D16 EVGA TITAN X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB Crucial DDR4 @ 2133MHz Intel 750 Series 1.2TB 4 x 4TB Constellation RAID5 2 x XSPC Raystorms 
CoolingCoolingMonitorMonitor
RS480 MCP655 Dell U3011 Dell U3011 
Case
Silverstone TJ07 
  hide details  
Reply
2P Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5 2699 v3 Xeon E5 2699 v3 ASUS Z10PE-D16 EVGA TITAN X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB Crucial DDR4 @ 2133MHz Intel 750 Series 1.2TB 4 x 4TB Constellation RAID5 2 x XSPC Raystorms 
CoolingCoolingMonitorMonitor
RS480 MCP655 Dell U3011 Dell U3011 
Case
Silverstone TJ07 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweechy View Post
However, it is true for some of them. Even Apple fans have to concede that fact.

There are people out there that would literally still buy iPhone 5 if they downgraded every single component, but put it in a new case design. I know it and you know it. This is not an exaggeration to prove a point. This would happen...in droves. I guarantee they would still put up completely insane pre-order numbers.

Other company's users are either too savvy and/or not emotionally and socially invested in a product to do crap like that EVER.

I truthfully cannot name another company where that would be the case.



Other than Siri (and we'll see how that pans out) in day to day usage, I would never be able to tell you if I was using iPhone 4 or 4S other than the S being maybe a little bit snappier.



You can't really believe this, can you? People spend TONS of money for impulse reasons, social status and a million others that are completely 100% irrational when viewed objectively.

I see people leasing Audi A4s by the thousands for example. Is that the best value for your money considering the economy? You really need a $50,000 4 door sedan and even worse, LEASE it at that?
While agree that people can be stupid, a NEW A4 starts at $32,500. A 10 year old used one is like $4,000.
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
While agree that people can be stupid, a NEW A4 starts at $32,500. A 10 year old used one is like $4,000.
Once you kit it up to look nice, it goes up a lot.

Also, I'm thinking in Canadian dollars. We get completely ripped off on cars despite equal dollars with the States. Audi A4 starts at $38k here for example; $50k with S-line package, etc. $57k with tax.

If people bought based on value and all that nonsense being spouted off before, surely we'd all be driving Hyundai? The Elantra starts at $13k.

My point is that value gets thrown out the window when you decide you want a new "shiny".
2P Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5 2699 v3 Xeon E5 2699 v3 ASUS Z10PE-D16 EVGA TITAN X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB Crucial DDR4 @ 2133MHz Intel 750 Series 1.2TB 4 x 4TB Constellation RAID5 2 x XSPC Raystorms 
CoolingCoolingMonitorMonitor
RS480 MCP655 Dell U3011 Dell U3011 
Case
Silverstone TJ07 
  hide details  
Reply
2P Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5 2699 v3 Xeon E5 2699 v3 ASUS Z10PE-D16 EVGA TITAN X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB Crucial DDR4 @ 2133MHz Intel 750 Series 1.2TB 4 x 4TB Constellation RAID5 2 x XSPC Raystorms 
CoolingCoolingMonitorMonitor
RS480 MCP655 Dell U3011 Dell U3011 
Case
Silverstone TJ07 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweechy View Post
However, it is true for some of them. Even Apple fans have to concede that fact.

There are people out there that would literally still buy iPhone 5 if they downgraded every single component, but put it in a new case design. I know it and you know it. This is not an exaggeration to prove a point. This would happen...in droves. I guarantee they would still put up completely insane pre-order numbers.

Other company's users are either too savvy and/or not emotionally and socially invested in a product to do crap like that EVER.

I truthfully cannot name another company where that would be the case.



Other than Siri (and we'll see how that pans out) in day to day usage, I would never be able to tell you if I was using iPhone 4 or 4S other than the S being maybe a little bit snappier.



You can't really believe this, can you? People spend TONS of money for impulse reasons, social status and a million others that are completely 100% irrational when viewed objectively.

I see people leasing Audi A4s by the thousands for example. Is that the best value for your money considering the economy? You really need a $50,000 4 door sedan and even worse, LEASE it at that?

I don't see how you throw out nullification to posters who talk about the Apple cult in negative ways and then at the same time, give human beings WAY too much credit the other way.

People make TERRIBLE decisions with their money on a daily basis.
There are people who will buy it for status reasons and simply because they like Apple and people says it's a good phone, but this doesn't apply only to the iPhone but to droids as well. Perhaps I'm just very careful with my money and I give everyone too much credit but I'd like to think at the very least that the majority at least pauses before they fork out a lot of money.

I disagree that many would buy a downgraded iPhone 5. Perhaps if Apple released the iPhone 4 again but with a different design there'd be some buyers, but ultimately not anywhere near as much as it will with the 4S.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 126
Steelbom, it's called the cult of Mac for a reason.
Edited by refeek - 10/10/11 at 1:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AI] AT&T announces record 200K iPhone 4S pre-orders in first 12 hours