Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge Discussion/News thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ivy Bridge Discussion/News thread - Page 6  

Poll Results: What are you getting?

 
  • 23% (83)
    Sandy Bridge-E
  • 62% (221)
    Ivy Bridge
  • 14% (52)
    Haswell or future
356 Total Votes  
post #51 of 1172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWebster View Post
Nice, ill add the pics when I get home.

I need some Q/A, that section should be way bigger lol
lol all in good time, all the hype is on BD right now, im sure this thread will be very live in due time

Did you read the little notice? lol
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
post #52 of 1172
Haha, just read it, nice!
post #53 of 1172
Great thread idea. BD will only be the talked about item until Ivy sits in our hot little hands.

Though, I am sadly thinking about just ditching my 2500k and Z68 to an old box to buy those sexy SB-E chips.

Any guesses on which will be stronger? SB-E or Ivy? I'm thinking if they are removing the video from SB-E it must be to speed it up. Am I thinking straight there?
Kos-Mos v2
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz [1.42v 24/7] ASUS P8Z68V-LX GTX 470 8GB Corsair Vengence @ 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500GB WD + 1TB WD onboard Windows Vista 64 28" Hanns-G Razer Lycosa 
PowerMouseMouse Pad
850W Corsair Razer Deathadder 20"x16" Core Pad 
  hide details  
Kos-Mos v2
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz [1.42v 24/7] ASUS P8Z68V-LX GTX 470 8GB Corsair Vengence @ 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500GB WD + 1TB WD onboard Windows Vista 64 28" Hanns-G Razer Lycosa 
PowerMouseMouse Pad
850W Corsair Razer Deathadder 20"x16" Core Pad 
  hide details  
post #54 of 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Polo View Post
Great thread idea. BD will only be the talked about item until Ivy sits in our hot little hands.

Though, I am sadly thinking about just ditching my 2500k and Z68 to an old box to buy those sexy SB-E chips.

Any guesses on which will be stronger? SB-E or Ivy? I'm thinking if they are removing the video from SB-E it must be to speed it up. Am I thinking straight there?
I wouldn't bother switching to SB-E from SB, Ivy will be better overall and have better feature support. It will be more efficient too. SB-E is only going to be a little faster due to more cores.
post #55 of 1172
Thanks for the input. Good news.
Kos-Mos v2
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz [1.42v 24/7] ASUS P8Z68V-LX GTX 470 8GB Corsair Vengence @ 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500GB WD + 1TB WD onboard Windows Vista 64 28" Hanns-G Razer Lycosa 
PowerMouseMouse Pad
850W Corsair Razer Deathadder 20"x16" Core Pad 
  hide details  
Kos-Mos v2
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5ghz [1.42v 24/7] ASUS P8Z68V-LX GTX 470 8GB Corsair Vengence @ 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500GB WD + 1TB WD onboard Windows Vista 64 28" Hanns-G Razer Lycosa 
PowerMouseMouse Pad
850W Corsair Razer Deathadder 20"x16" Core Pad 
  hide details  
post #56 of 1172
Very nice thread. I'm at a turning point here, where I'll either be impatient and get BD if it's a success, or wait and get IB. But with the way it's looking, I'll probably have to wait...
But we'll see tomorrow won't we?
Either way, I'll stick around here for details.
It. Gets. Better.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k@4.6Ghz ASUS P8Z68/Gen3 Radeon HD 5870 16 GB G.skill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
750GB Hitachi Crucial M4 128GB Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Corsair H100 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Corsair TX 650 HAF X 
  hide details  
It. Gets. Better.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k@4.6Ghz ASUS P8Z68/Gen3 Radeon HD 5870 16 GB G.skill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
750GB Hitachi Crucial M4 128GB Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Corsair H100 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Corsair TX 650 HAF X 
  hide details  
post #57 of 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Shfvingle View Post
Very nice thread. I'm at a turning point here, where I'll either be impatient and get BD if it's a success, or wait and get IB. But with the way it's looking, I'll probably have to wait...
But we'll see tomorrow won't we?
Either way, I'll stick around here for details.
Yep BD may be an uber let down or success, hopefully tomorrow we'll know lol.
post #58 of 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
This means we see only two SATA 6 Gb/s ports and four SATA 3 Gb/s ports supported natively by the chipset. So that is six in total for which you may configure RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 if that pleases you. source
I'd like to comment on this since it seems no 2 tech sites want to agree on this; originally Intel intended to have 14 SATA ports, 10 being 6Gbps and 8 of those doubling as SAS 6Gbps (source). However, in order to craft Patsburg-X (X79) fast enough to launch this quarter like it's rumored that they want to, they had to cut a few features, notably the PCI-e uplink to the CPU from X79, and 4 of the SATA ports that would double as SAS. So the math is way off on that, as this would mean a result of 10 SATA ports, 6 being 6Gbps and 4 of those doubling as SAS. Many of you may have seen the X79 boards at COMPUTEX that spammed the crap out of SATA/SAS ports and that was before the feature cut rumor; provided it follows through they'll have to make use of 3rd party controllers to command the otherwise empty ports.
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
Deep Blood
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240) Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI) eVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB 6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+1TB+2TB+4TB Samsung SH-S223Q 22X XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410f (rev. A02) Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex doubleshot keycaps Antec HCPP-850 CaseLabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G500 Sharkoon 1337 Asus Xonar DX + Swan D1080MkII08 + MXL Tempo Lifecam Cinema 
  hide details  
post #59 of 1172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
I'd like to comment on this since it seems no 2 tech sites want to agree on this; originally Intel intended to have 14 SATA ports, 10 being 6Gbps and 8 of those doubling as SAS 6Gbps (source). However, in order to craft Patsburg-X (X79) fast enough to launch this quarter like it's rumored that they want to, they had to cut a few features, notably the PCI-e uplink to the CPU from X79, and 4 of the SATA ports that would double as SAS. So the math is way off on that, as this would mean a result of 10 SATA ports, 6 being 6Gbps and 4 of those doubling as SAS. Many of you may have seen the X79 boards at COMPUTEX that spammed the crap out of SATA/SAS ports and that was before the feature cut rumor; provided it follows through they'll have to make use of 3rd party controllers to command the otherwise empty ports.
Interesting indeed, feel free to edit the post or wherever you see fit.

Seem's that you know a lot about this, care to share you input at times. Myself sean and TC would appreciate it.

It would've helped if one of use was a mod or editor but hopefully you can fill that gap if it's not too much trouble.

I'll add your post to the OP, thanks again for the info
Edited by munaim1 - 10/11/11 at 7:55pm
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
post #60 of 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
Interesting indeed, feel free to edit the post or wherever you see fit

Seem's that you know a lot about this, care to share you input at times. Myself sean and TC would appreciate it

It would've helped if one of use was a mod or editor but hopefully you can fill that gap if it's not too much trouble.

I'll add your post to the OP thanks again for the info
*cough*hint*cough*

lol

we appreciate your input!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge Discussion/News thread