Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › My intel gaming build?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My intel gaming build? - Page 2

post #11 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorCreepy View Post
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16813138317

The above motherboard is the best bang for your buck.

Try to get a 6950 2GB or a GTX 560ti for a video card if you can.
2gb vs 1 gb? and ill go for 1600 ram and maybe that 23 dollar cooler but ima use stock probz
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityy
2gb vs 1 gb? and ill go for 1600 ram and maybe that 23 dollar cooler but ima use stock probz
If you plan to OC your 2500k I wouldn't use the stock cooler. The 212+ is an awesome cooler for the price. If you don't plan to OC then just get the 2500 (non-k). The only difference between that and the k series is unlocked multi which is used for OC'ing.

For motherboards you might as well get one that can handle xfire or sli. You can still keep it simple with just 1 gpu but it's nice to be able to add another one later and not have to get a new board. And like others have said get a 2 stick kit of ram, just having 1 stick doesn't make things simpler. With just 1 stick your RAM will not run in dual channel.
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed_1 View Post
If you plan to OC your 2500k I wouldn't use the stock cooler. The 212+ is an awesome cooler for the price. If you don't plan to OC then just get the 2500 (non-k). The only difference between that and the k series is unlocked multi which is used for OC'ing.

For motherboards you might as well get one that can handle xfire or sli. You can still keep it simple with just 1 gpu but it's nice to be able to add another one later and not have to get a new board. And like others have said get a 2 stick kit of ram, just having 1 stick doesn't make things simpler. With just 1 stick your RAM will not run in dual channel.
i changed to thesse:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820231427
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16813157271
post #14 of 29
Thread Starter 
if there good
post #15 of 29
Both of those look pretty good. Love the looks of the Gen3 Asrock boards.
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed_1 View Post
Both of those look pretty good. Love the looks of the Gen3 Asrock boards.
will it support ivy bridge??
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
post #18 of 29

I was going to say the CM 212+ is only $26 but then saw it's $40 in CA.
Then saw the CM Hyper TX3 in the CA store for $18, with $11 shipping...

Not sure if Amazon is the same but it's $25 with free shipping for the

.
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
game rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro MSI 7970 2x2GB G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 CL6 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
samsung 830 XSPC RX360 XSPC Raystorm EK 7970 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 LG W2240 Ducky Corsair AX 850 
CaseMouse
Switch 810 Razer Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed_1 View Post
I was going to say the CM 212+ is only $26 but then saw it's $40 in CA.
Then saw the CM Hyper TX3 in the CA store for $18, with $11 shipping...

Not sure if Amazon is the same but it's $25 with free shipping for the 212+.
i think i can get for 30 with ncix pric match, so also ive read and it seems mb used to have bios issue, whats the best oc i could get out of that
post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 
basically with extreme 3 gen 3 and norm push 212+ what could i clock to safely
and should i get 6950 vs 6870?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › My intel gaming build?